I have a friend running BBM on iOS. We've been using it for messaging ever since BBM for iOS came out, and he's been impressed. NOW however, BBM for iOS messages are being inserted in our chats, along with messages that start, "About your personal message:"

What is the deal? We're both a bit frustrated with this, and I can tell you for sure it's not doing a thing for my friend's willingness to get the word out about BBM.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:44 AM
    That happens when you start a chat from a contact's update

Posted Via CB10 Using Z10 Running On OS 10.2.1.2947
    bluetroll and tjseaman like this.
    04-11-14 10:46 AM
    I think I get it -- thanks for the prompt reply. I've only been using BBM since I got my Z10 -- I never used with my Bolds.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-11-14 10:53 AM
    This is one of the most amazing features in BBM, how can you be annoyed of this? Or how can you not understand this in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:34 PM
    Lol...bbm ads!

Posted via CB10
    sosof and tjseaman like this.
    04-11-14 01:55 PM
    How can I not understand it? <shrug> Honestly, if it's a feature, I don't get it. Please enlighten me as to why a spurious note reading "Tell all your friends about BBM 2.0 for iOS and Android" is a feature.

It's entirely possible I'm missing the point, so please inform me. Whether or not you choose to continue being derisive about it, I'll be happy to learn.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:52 AM
    How can I not understand it? <shrug> Honestly, if it's a feature, I don't get it. Please enlighten me as to why a spurious note reading "Tell all your friends about BBM 2.0 for iOS and Android" is a feature.

It's entirely possible I'm missing the point, so please inform me. Whether or not you choose to continue being derisive about it, I'll be happy to learn.

Posted via CB10
    That is not what you mentioned above, " Tell all your friends about BBM 2.0 for iOS and Android " is not a feature, it only shows once and you weren't talking about this above, you were talking about " about your personal message " which is used as a subject of the chat or as a comment on the personal message of the person you're talking to.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:06 AM
    You are correct -- I was less than clear when I described the "BBM for iOS and Android" as "messages." Now that we figured out that my friend had two chats with me opened, and was getting these annoying notes inserted when hour switched between them, all is well (after I told him how to delete a chat).

I still don't get why having "About your personal message:" followed by an exhortation to inform my friends about BBM is a "feature." Not being snarky here -- I suspect there's more to it, and it's not that important to me -- but I've no idea what it's good for.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:24 AM
    Yeah sorry now I get what you're talking about -- I read your reply in a bit of a hurry. There must be a way to change what's in the "About your personal message:" preamble so it's not about BBM. Got it. -- and thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:27 AM
    One of your last status updates is about BBM being on its and Android, I suspect it has never been changed since you downloaded the app. Whoever is trying to start the chat seems to be doing it from the updates screen rather than the chats or contacts screen.

The "about your personal message" thing is a feature allowing you to talk to the person about there last update.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:34 AM
    Oh, hey thanks -- I've got a Z10, but yeah my friend has an iPhone. Next time we chat, I'll bring up the two points you made.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:38 AM
    Those are not ads....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-12-14 11:49 AM
    Yeah sorry now I get what you're talking about -- I read your reply in a bit of a hurry. There must be a way to change what's in the "About your personal message:" preamble so it's not about BBM. Got it. -- and thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 01:01 PM
    Thanks for all the info, guys.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-13-14 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you want to update your status in BBM.
    Open BBM, tap the top bar where it says your name.
    Enter new status in space provided

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    04-13-14 09:30 PM