now that there is BBM, even for Android and iOS free of charge
    how can blackberry forget their OS7 devices, and still charges them monthly for BBM?
    this is unfair
    10-24-13 01:11 PM
    But you're not paying for BBM only though? I still have my 9900 and still 'paying' for BIS (BIS now included free with post paid data plan on my carrier)
    10-24-13 01:12 PM
    for browsing, i use TCP/IP settings with opera mini with normal data plan
    and there's still no hope of using BBM without any monthly fee
    all my friends have bbm on their phones now(androids)
    and here i am with no access to it. feels bad man
    10-24-13 01:19 PM
    Good point OP. I can't help but feel this will be addressed soon. That said, BB10 devices suck data like crazy! While I wouldn't want go back, I do miss BIS data compression.
    10-24-13 01:27 PM
    I'm sure it's different where you live but I pay no more for BIS than I would for an iPhone data plan or are you saying you have no data plan at all?
    10-24-13 01:31 PM
    for browsing, i use TCP/IP settings with opera mini with normal data plan
    and there's still no hope of using BBM without any monthly fee
    all my friends have bbm on their phones now(androids)
    and here i am with no access to it. feels bad man
    That is you and a consequence of you using a BBOS device the way you are using it. The legacy devices were meant to work on BIS. The handset was the hardware device used to access BlackBerry services. You paid for BIS, and the the apps were no extra charge. On top of that, at least for most people, the cost of BIS was competitive with the cost of generic mobile data on other devices. The new model now with BN10 is BlackBerry is like every other device, no special data plan.

The fact that you are using a regular data plan on a legacy BlackBerry is your choice. You could be using BIS. You don't need both. But that's your choice. BBM is still free in the sense that it is included at no extra charge.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-24-13 01:32 PM
    Good point OP. I can't help but feel this will be addressed soon. That said, BB10 devices suck data like crazy! While I wouldn't want go back, I do miss BIS data compression.
    yes, i do want it to at least get cheap. here in india, BIS is Rs.400 per month(1$~Rs.60)
    which is way too expensive as compared to normal rates.
    BB legacy >>>> every other device, in terms of messaging. and that's the reason im still using it. i'm way too used to it, but still not convinced enough to pay this much of fee, monthly

I'm sure it's different where you live but I pay no more for BIS than I would for an iPhone data plan or are you saying you have no data plan at all?
    na, just the normal data plan evey other non-bb user uses
    That is you and a consequence of you using a BBOS device the way you are using it. The legacy devices were meant to work on BIS. The handset was the hardware device used to access BlackBerry services. You paid for BIS, and the the apps were no extra charge. On top of that, at least for most people, the cost of BIS was competitive with the cost of generic mobile data on other devices. The new model now with BN10 is BlackBerry is like every other device, no special data plan.

The fact that you are using a regular data plan on a legacy BlackBerry is your choice. You could be using BIS. You don't need both. But that's your choice. BBM is still free in the sense that it is included at no extra charge.
    i know that, but i dont really wish to pay this much, knowing the fact that no other OS requires such a condition, still im not ready to quit on my bbos7.
    you see, bbos7 could have been probably the best phone, provided that there were no extra charges for data services(along with bbm). Thats way too much, but i still love my blackberry way too much to quit on it.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    10-24-13 01:48 PM