?????????.???? ??iii
    Just get back to blackberry Q10

Used to install bbm on my iphone, as I recall, I've set save chat history on my iphone. But once I migrate my bbid to Q10, all my chat history has gone, although I'm not losing any contact as far as I know... can anyone help me? How can I restore my chat history from my iphone?

Thx in adv

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:16 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Assuming the file is the same format, if you find the file on the iPhone and move it to the Q10, it should read it... If you know where the Q10 stored the files.

Long story short, I don't think that will work. But welcome back!
    10-08-14 11:21 AM
    Too bad.... I thought all history was stored on BlackBerry server. another thing that makes me disappointed is I've purchased some sticker on my iphone, and just found out that it will not available on my q10 as well -___-

It's nice though after few years with touchscreen, now I can use physical keypad, really help me a lot since I do use lot's of email mobile. Now Iphone just for my social life phone

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:58 AM
    BBM > Store > Overflow > Restore purchases

Once bought, always owned.

Only group chats are stored on the server. I guess they didn't really consider people going back and forth platforms.
    10-08-14 12:41 PM
    Welcome to BBM messups, we all have been asking BlackBerry to save chats locally like BBOS but they just never listened, lost a lot of good chats even without going to other platform

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:02 PM
    On the other hand, some people don't care about saving all their chats. Agreed, we should have the option, but surely - NOT a major point. NOt a selling point. NOT a deal breaker.

But the option should be there.
    10-08-14 03:17 PM
    For me, that's a selling point. Many people don't want to bother manually saving chat history, we just want it simple, switch devices and still not losing any history chat, and whatsapp can do that without any tweak need to be set -____-

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-09-14 02:34 PM
    Well, BlackBerry focus on the business world. Not the consumer world (as does Whatsapp).

I suppose business people don't. Give much if a damn if they lose. Chat history. I know I don't. If something is important and has to be saved for later use, is sure does not belong on a IM chat.

But that's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:57 AM
    I sometimes lose my chats when I switch devices, but I notice they just re-populate if I send a message to someone I have already chatted with. That is, those who did not delete our conversations on their end.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-14-14 12:47 PM
    I sometimes lose my chats when I switch devices, but I notice they just re-populate if I send a message to someone I have already chatted with. That is, those who did not delete our conversations on their end.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting point. I will test it.
    10-14-14 01:54 PM
    There so many usage for the history, at least for me. For example, we have so many bbm contact, sometimes even we do not know, just chat once or twice asking something. Through periode of time, there's possibility we forget who they are. We just read the history that will remind us what we are talking about

It useful for me because sometimes I do buy stuff online once in a while, and It would be nice to have the history chat if we need to buy something else in the future

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-14-14 03:03 PM
    There so many usage for the history, at least for me. For example, we have so many bbm contact, sometimes even we do not know, just chat once or twice asking something. Through periode of time, there's possibility we forget who they are. We just read the history that will remind us what we are talking about

It useful for me because sometimes I do buy stuff online once in a while, and It would be nice to have the history chat if we need to buy something else in the future

Posted via CB10
    I join my voice to yours, but as you can see, whoever the hell is responsible about BBM in BlackBerry is looking everywhere else other than improving BBM for consumers, all updates are stupid and meaningless, he just keeps throwing BBM apps at enterprise users like BBM meeting and BBM protected and forgot the main use of BBM!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:44 AM
    all updates are stupid and meaningless, he just keeps throwing BBM apps at enterprise users like BBM meeting and BBM protected and forgot the main use of BBM!
    To be a top notch business communication tool? Right. He missed the point altogether.

Because when BBM launched, it was first and foremost a tool used by the cool kids and only later on madd it's way into the enterprise world.
    10-16-14 08:55 AM
    To be a top notch business communication tool? Right. He missed the point altogether.

Because when BBM launched, it was first and foremost a tool used by the cool kids and only later on madd it's way into the enterprise world.
    Maybe it wasn't but that's what I saw growing up, BBM for the cool kids!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:20 AM
    I just found out that we can't send more than 1 picture from galery folder to BBM contact -__-

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:54 AM
    Very cool feature on upcoming BBM, good job!!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-18-14 07:04 AM
    Yes. I'm on the new beta and think any additional functions or options are very welcomed...

Problem is, many naturally want their own wishes to become reality, and get frustrated when something other than that comes to fruition.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:09 AM
    For me, that's a selling point. Many people don't want to bother manually saving chat history, we just want it simple, switch devices and still not losing any history chat, and whatsapp can do that without any tweak need to be set -____-

Posted via CB10
    Can you show me how you get WhatsApp to automatically backup & restore chat history? I did a security wipe the other day & I lost all my chats. Only the group chats were recreated but empty inside.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so.

I've switched devices twice to other BB10 devices. None of my chats to any contacts ever repopulate like that. Everything was lost

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:04 AM
    I don't think so.

I've switched devices twice to other BB10 devices. None of my chats to any contacts ever repopulate like that. Everything was lost

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it didn't work for you. It has for me though. Maybe there will be a better solution provided by BlackBerry in the future.

Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:07 AM
    Heck. Now that I think about it, I've not even lost my chats when downloading beta releases when the beta team clearly states that I will. Others have experienced this as well. Don't know why it restores for some and not others.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:11 AM
    Heck. Now that I think about it, I've not even lost my chats when downloading beta releases when the beta team clearly states that I will. Others have experienced this as well. Don't know why it restores for some and not others.

Posted via CB10
    Weird.

I wonder if there is some setting that none of us know about? Not even BlackBerry. I even called BlackBerry during the support period of my new devices... and they told me there is no way to save and repopulate BBM chat history on new devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:24 AM
    Weird.

I wonder if there is some setting that none of us know about? Not even BlackBerry. I even called BlackBerry during the support period of my new devices... and they told me there is no way to save and repopulate BBM chat history on new devices.

Posted via CB10
    Lol @ "not even BlackBerry". ;-)

I can't explain it myself...

You know, it's not there in this last blog about this update of the timed messages thing, due to comments about the actual feature.

But I believe within the comments of the last 2 blog post about the BZ updates, you will find several posts about people NOT losing their chats after updating. You can search for those easily.

I wish I had a more definitive answer to this.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:40 AM
    [WARN]The thread is about BBM on Blackberry. Please keep the personal bickering out of it.

Thank you.
    [/WARN]
    10-18-14 11:17 AM