Folks, there is a lot of traffic on the forums about WhatsApp messenger on BB10 in 2017.

The defensive angle is how we hang on to WA connectivity, post 31/12/16. This seems likely to be possible in at least the short term.

That's a 'done deal' - the momentum is such that we can assume that it will happen.

BBM is a brilliant messaging platform, regardless of OS, and as WA have shown us, if it's free, many, many people will adopt it.

There is a lot of energy and enthusiasm behind the preservation of BB10. Looking to the future, a strong native messaging platform could do no harm whatsoever.

Surely we could make something from BBM? Without wishing to annoy anyone, it's just another piece of amazing software created by a corporate body who couldn't sell water to their customers if they were on fire. Any remotely talented marketing executive could spread the word - loads of nostalgic iPhone users would lap up the idea of sending a 'retro BBM' message to their hipster buddies.

Go on - make it happen...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for, and horrible SW keyboard of my Android
    09-29-16 09:57 PM
    Folks, there is a lot of traffic on the forums about WhatsApp messenger on BB10 in 2017.

The defensive angle is how we hang on to WA connectivity, post 31/12/16. This seems likely to be possible in at least the short term.

...Surely we could make something from BBM?
    I'm honestly not sure of your point; if it's that people should think about using BBM when WhatsApp dies on BlackBerry 10, well, I agree. I don't use WhatsApp or Facebook.

While both BlackBerry 10 and BBM are, as you say, "brilliant," there aren't that many people using BlackBerry 10 compared to Android, and I also suspect most BlackBerry 10 users are already using BBM, so I'm not sure what effect it would have if all the current BlackBerry 10 users on WhatsApp moved to BBM.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-30-16 08:56 AM
    BBM is worse than the alterntives, and why would people switch to a messenger app with no dev team?
    09-30-16 03:07 PM
    BBM's countless missed opportunities over the years mean that your scenario just can't happen.
    Niallac likes this.
    09-30-16 03:18 PM
    bbm is somewhat not how it was before... what's app is just another way of the government to check us out... facebook owns what's app. blackberry is going to continue to keeping their loyal bbmers safe and secure. if what's app is leaving us then so be it. lol

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-30-16 04:44 PM