With Apple's release dates of September 18 for iOS 7 and September 20 for iPhone 5S/5C, there's only one logical date for BBM cross platform to drop before the end of the summer:

September 19.

They'll want to get the release of their new OS out of the way first, and headlines that BBM is finally available for download on iOS would be a great leadup to opening day for the new device.
    09-10-13 05:23 PM
    possible....it was promised by end of summer and they are running low on time
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-10-13 05:44 PM
    Well, there are plenty of dates where that could come out, but I like your logic. I really hope you're stop on!
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-10-13 05:44 PM
    I would think that any day between now and the 18th would be a better day as Apple could grab all the attention on the 18th. BBM can logically be approved as early as tonight because they have now begun inviting submissions for applications supporting iOS 7 into the App Store now that the GM build of iOS 7 has been submitted to developers.
    09-10-13 06:20 PM
    It makes basically no sense for them to wait for iOS 7 to release BBM for iOS. They aren't even using an iOS look and feel and it's not like they introduced a bigger screen size for the 5S or something. I fail to see what they need in iOS 7 that would delay a release, especially if we are to assume this will work on everything as far back as at least an iPhone 4S.

The market will be deaf to any BBM news now, leading up to, and shortly following the new iPhone/iOS releases.

They'll all be talking about the lines at Best Buy, How long the pre-order shipping waits are, update penetration, Top App updates ("AppX now iOS 7 optimized!"), etc.

These people have the worst sense of timing ever.
    09-10-13 07:51 PM
    These people have the worst sense of timing ever.
    It definitely seems that way. This month is possibly the worst month to release something because of the amount of hype the Apple releases will garner.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-10-13 10:12 PM
    I do hope BBM has the new iOS7 style look and feel at least when running on iOS7. There will be a TON of app updates that week with new iOS7ey UI work, and taking advantage of the new elements. Apps with the older design will look, well, old.

the other things they would want to do is take advantage of the new options for background apps in iOS7. At the very least, you'd want full message content to download while in the background so that the app preview in the new app switcher is correct. Plus the user won't need to wait for the app to refresh when she opens BBM.
    09-10-13 10:22 PM
    I do hope BBM has the new iOS7 style look and feel at least when running on iOS7. There will be a TON of app updates that week with new iOS7ey UI work, and taking advantage of the new elements. Apps with the older design will look, well, old.

the other things they would want to do is take advantage of the new options for background apps in iOS7. At the very least, you'd want full message content to download while in the background so that the app preview in the new app switcher is correct. Plus the user won't need to wait for the app to refresh when she opens BBM.
    It uses the BB10 design.

On IOS7 it seems to use the IOS7 Keyboard though from the landing peak leak.
    09-11-13 03:54 AM
    I presume it also depends on when Apple decide to approve BBM into the App Store...?

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-11-13 04:14 AM
    20th September trust me

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:27 AM
    I presume it also depends on when Apple decide to approve BBM into the App Store...?

Posted via CB10
    That's true, they don't have an excuse now that they've called for apps with iOS 7 builds in them
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-11-13 08:26 AM
    That's true, they don't have an excuse now that they've called for apps with iOS 7 builds in them
    Apple doesn't need an excuse. Apple can disapprove it just because Apple felt like it. Also Apple could say because the app doesn't adhere to the UI of iOS, it doesn't add anything to the user experence.
    09-14-13 09:42 AM
    20th September trust me

Posted via CB10
    I trust you man..hehe
    09-14-13 10:01 AM
    They should really have got their OS and BBM released on the same day..that would have made the ppl crazy...would have been a grand grand event..
    And their catch line could b :
    ' the most advanced OS with the most advanced personal messenger..'
    Oh man..that would have rocked this Earth!!!!

Posted via CB10 in Z10 :*
    hashtagwinning likes this.
    09-14-13 10:08 AM

it wont have an IOS7 look/feel its just gunna be the same on ios6 :S
    09-15-13 05:48 PM
    right seriously the 17th then 18th then 19 then 21 make your bloody minds up all they have confirm is the end of summer they dont need people making rumors thats what causes arguments -_-
    09-15-13 05:50 PM
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1236...lusive-updated

Sent from my GT-I8190 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-16-13 07:14 PM
    right seriously the 17th then 18th then 19 then 21 make your bloody minds up all they have confirm is the end of summer they dont need people making rumors thats what causes arguments -_-
    Who is making rumors? I made a prediction.
    09-16-13 07:34 PM
    Who is making rumors? I made a prediction.
    Did i point the finger at you? No im saying its what i have seen

Sent from my GT-I8190 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-17-13 03:21 AM