I've been using BBM Voice a lot over the last few days with friends and family overseas. For some reason, however, I have been having issues with one iPhone friend in the US. She can hear me, but I can't hear a thing from her end.

We have started both phones, and she has even deleted and reinstalled BBM on her phone. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it is just a bug that BlackBerry will iron out asap, or whether there is something wrong with her phone - or whether it's just a bloody mystery...

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:17 AM
    I've had the same issue, only with iPhone. Works fine with Android (I have a z10).

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:40 AM
    I've been using BBM Voice a lot over the last few days with friends and family overseas. For some reason, however, I have been having issues with one iPhone friend in the US. She can hear me, but I can't hear a thing from her end.

We have started both phones, and she has even deleted and reinstalled BBM on her phone. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it is just a bug that BlackBerry will iron out asap, or whether there is something wrong with her phone - or whether it's just a bloody mystery...

Posted via CB10
    Did she accept permission for BBM to access microphone? If she didn't then this will happen.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:52 AM
    Did she accept permission for BBM to access microphone? If she didn't then this will happen.

Posted via CB10
    Well, she deleted and reinstalled in order to fix the sound so it seems unlikely that she wouldn't have okayed that. Any idea how she can check? I've never had an iPhone in my life.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:02 AM
    Well, she deleted and reinstalled in order to fix the sound so it seems unlikely that she wouldn't have okayed that. Any idea how she can check? I've never had an iPhone in my life.

Posted via CB10
    It should be somewhere in the settings or permissions.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:04 AM
    I'll pass that on. Thanks. She says she was never asked about permission for that, but hopefully it can be fixed and that loads of other people aren't having this issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:22 AM
    Yes had this issue with an iphone user today.. they have to go into their setting..privacy..micropone..bbm..
    02-15-14 11:31 AM
    When I call someone from my Z10 with BBM Voice. My phone doesn't ring. Just says calling. Is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:58 AM
    Not sure, but the problem is solved on the iphone for sound. Thanks!

For anyone else having the problem...just a reminder...

SETTTINGS, PRIVACY, MICROPHONE, BBM....SOLVED!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:11 PM
    OK BBM Voice is ringing on my side. Connecting with iPhone users no problem. Only issue I'm having is audio seems a little quiet on my end with volume cranked. Is there something I'm forgetting to do?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:14 PM
    Not sure, but the problem is solved on the iphone for sound. Thanks!

For anyone else having the problem...just a reminder...

SETTTINGS, PRIVACY, MICROPHONE, BBM....SOLVED!

Posted via CB10
    I'm having the same audio problem between my Z10 and my wife's Sony (Android) phone. She can hear me but I can't hear her. It sounds like the microphone permissions setting needs fixing.
    Does anyone know where I'd find the microphone permissions on an android device?
    Thanks
    04-05-14 05:24 PM
    I'm having the same audio problem between my Z10 and my wife's Sony (Android) phone. She can hear me but I can't hear her. It sounds like the microphone permissions setting needs fixing.
    Does anyone know where I'd find the microphone permissions on an android device?
    Thanks
    Make sure you hit the volume/speaker icon in the BBM chat so it is on.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 08:14 PM
    I have only been able to call successfully once or twice from a bb10 phone to an android and iPhone.

Calling from android or iphone to bb10 works most of the time.

Have tried the devices on mix of different networks ( eg : wifi, cell) and still have the same issue.

Very frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:05 PM
    In 90% of cases I can sucessfuly call (and get calls) Android and iPhone, but every freakin time I can hear my own voice and there is delay when other person is speaking. It's ok to use it as last resort, but I would never choose to call somebody over BBM if I have other choice.
    06-23-14 01:03 PM
    In 90% of cases I can sucessfuly call (and get calls) Android and iPhone, but every freakin time I can hear my own voice and there is delay when other person is speaking. It's ok to use it as last resort, but I would never choose to call somebody over BBM if I have other choice.
    This exact same thing happens to me when I manage to get a connection.

I don't bother with bbm voice anymore, it's such a disappointment.

Leftover quality control from the Thorstein days...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:12 AM
    I have the same issues. I hear my voice in a delay and most of the time it never connects or if it does the other person cant hear me.

Pisses me off what the fuclk is the deal?
    06-28-14 10:30 PM
    I told BlackBerry about this a long time ago.. but whenever this happens, toggle speakerphone.. fixes it every time for me.. clearly it's a bug and nobody at BlackBerry ever used bbm voice enough to notice
    06-30-14 04:22 PM