I posted another thread here about reliability issues on android. Well, long story short, one of my contacts jumped the BBM ship because messages were taking 20 minutes to an hour to deliver.

Makes me think how many of the millions who downloaded BBM on ios and android still use it. I'd like bbry to show that kinda info...

What made things worse was that this contact sent me a text saying, "...so much for the 'reliability'. I thought BBM was touted to be the best messaging app during natural disasters, etc... it doesnt even work right right now."

Not winning over anyone with BBM cross platform right now.
    01-28-14 07:35 PM
    Cross platform bbm is definitely unreliable for me. I keep getting notifications for a group that I left, not to mention the app gets stuck on this screen every so often. .

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-28-14 07:43 PM
    From what I have read on CB, iPhone users have it even worse than android. Not delivering messages and getting notifications from a group you left are most likely server-side issues, but freezing screen is just a poorly made app.
    01-28-14 07:51 PM
    From what I have read on CB, iPhone users have it even worse than android. Not delivering messages and getting notifications from a group you left are most likely server-side issues, but freezing screen is just a poorly made app.
    I deleted bbm from my device. It's not stable enough for me.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    01-29-14 10:46 PM
    I know this does not help the situation, but I believe this is going to happen with any global release for a bit. I read stories of the same issues with other chat applications. Not to mention they have been out for years. Yes, it's has to be fixed but I'm sure BlackBerry is working over time to fix the issues.
    Let's hope people have the patience and smarts to know this is normal for the course in tech. I doubt many will though.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:56 PM
    BBM on android was pretty solid for me up until a couple weeks ago. Now the app seems to go to sleep quite often and wont get messages until i open the app up. its annoying as hell
    schmeat likes this.
    01-29-14 11:02 PM
    BBM for Android is far worse that it is on iOS. Why? We can download iOS app or Android. Seems for me that nr1 platform in the world has to be our friends considering that we " are working side by side".... so for them do the stellar BBM in order to convince them. After that watch to the others....

Proudly Z10 owner !
    01-29-14 11:07 PM
    wont get messages until i open the app up. its annoying as hell
    Happened twice to me this past week.
    01-30-14 05:05 PM
    I posted another thread here about reliability issues on android. Well, long story short, one of my contacts jumped the BBM ship because messages were taking 20 minutes to an hour to deliver.

Makes me think how many of the millions who downloaded BBM on ios and android still use it. I'd like bbry to show that kinda info...

What made things worse was that this contact sent me a text saying, "...so much for the 'reliability'. I thought BBM was touted to be the best messaging app during natural disasters, etc... it doesnt even work right right now."

Not winning over anyone with BBM cross platform right now.
    Out of curiosity, how do you know if the other side didn't have their BBM closed and not running in the background? I have encountered that many times where the other side would close their BBM on iOS and android completely.
    01-30-14 05:57 PM
    I hope, that all these bugs are ironed out in BBM 2.0.

Then I will invite all my friends.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:53 AM
    Out of curiosity, how do you know if the other side didn't have their BBM closed and not running in the background? I have encountered that many times where the other side would close their BBM on iOS and android completely.
    Not saying that that isn't possible, but it's highly improbable that this particular person would have made that error. The person I was messaging with has IT background and vast computer programming background; I doubt the issue was related to having BBM not running the background, but I could ask him...

Also, the fact that 9 out of 10 Android/iOS BBM users on these forums are experiencing the same problems world wide (not to mention there was a front page CB blog post by Blaze just yesterday), it leads me to believe that this is a REAL problem with cross platform BBM, and not user error...

I hope, that all these bugs are ironed out in BBM 2.0.

Then I will invite all my friends.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they do more than just iron out. I want them to put the damn thing through the dry cleaner and steam press the app with a commercial press, lol.
    01-31-14 02:39 PM
    Everyone I convinced to try BBM on the other platforms have dropped it.

I'm back down to 2 BBM contacts.

I'm considering ditching BBM completely myself
    02-01-14 02:10 PM
    I know how you feel.

I'm still holding onto it, like a marriage on the rocks.
    02-02-14 07:04 PM
    I've converted a number of my relatives and friends (on android and ios) to install BBM. I got into BBM myself because my GF has a BB. It got into a point that almost all of them dropped BBM after the persistent INVITE PENDING PROBLEM - and all I have in my contacts are a couple of old friends and my GF.

But after my GF accidentally erased me from her list, I'm dropping BBM as well. Reason? We've tried and tried to add each other countless times - we just couldn't get past that Pending Invite problem. I wouldn't mind not being able to add an officemate on my list. I figured this is one of the problems why some cross platform BBM users are dropping it.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    02-10-14 11:48 PM