Alright, So I have been a blackberry addict for a very long time and love the fact that finally, BBM is now going cross platform. This has brought me back to the times when most of my 'On the Go' communication is done with BBM.

There's many features in BBM that makes this App my first choice for communicating such as: Video calling and screen sharing, Group Chat, File Transfer, voice messages, emoticons, Glympse and PING, just to name a few...

One problem I have is that video chat is not available in cross platform, however I'm sure it is a feature that BBM can monetize on in the near future.

With all this said there is ONE feature that I am surprised BBM has not integrated into its program.
    In order to be the best communicating app worldwide, BBM should consider integrating a universal translator.

With my profession, I speak to many people from all over the world. This sometimes creates a language barrier which requires me to use a translator.
    It's extremely time consuming and frustrates me when I have to copy and paste my conversation into another app, then have to translate what I want to say and copy and paste it back into BBM.

I would LOVE to see BBM translate conversations for me. For instance If I am speaking with a client who speaks Spanish. When he writes his message, BBM automatically translates it into English and vice versa.

This leech on my time management has sent me on a quest to find an app that has this kind of features. After speaking with many Developers, I find out that BlackBerry does not open up to many api to allow developers to achieve this kind of integration.

BlackBerry, please buy the rights to one of these translator apps and integrate it with BBM. I feel this will be a great selling feature that you can monetize on, also with video chat.
    1 BIG feature to be missing in BBM-bbm.jpg

Posted from my Awesome Z10!
    03-10-14 10:32 AM
    The only reservation I have about something like this is the size of the app would grow to overpower the phone. And there are lots of cross platform users who already refuse to load it because of the space it demands.
    03-10-14 10:34 AM
    This sounds like an app request: copy current message and translate.

Z10 until Z30
    03-10-14 10:40 AM
    It can be if everything was stored on the device. What if the message went through a server which translated the message then sent to the device. That would keep the app itself from becoming to large.

This is not an app request but an additional bbm feature. Since translator apps can't get the relevant api to make this kind of integration, maybe BlackBerry should allow it or create this feature themselves. This feature would be a great add on for EBBM suites.

Posted from my Awesome Z10!
    03-10-14 12:13 PM
    What about the miss-spelled words? For instance blackberry does not have auto correct for my language. This makes a lot of space for miss spelling and a lot of problems for translating app, which would not understand the words. think this request would be to difficult and to massive to implement. Although using all major languages that it has... maybe...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:22 PM