Sage Kids available on App World for BB10
We Finally did it! Sage Kids is available on App World for BB10 (running great on a Dev B) and we made it free for launch. It's for kids and it comes with 3 different games to play: Match, Puzzles and Writing.
Click Here to Download it / Go to it's App World web page
This app is a port from the iPhone / iPad version which originally was made with Cocos2d-iPhone in Objective-C. Now it's a pure C++ app using Cocos2d-X, and we are so happy with the result and source code maintainability compared with the Objective-C version that we are going to use Cocos2d-X for all future releases for Apple devices. Developing in the Eclipse based Momentics is a DREAM compared with XCode.
If anyone in the forums (or Crackberry owners) want us to create a detailed article on our experience with this code migration and tips and tricks for Cocos2D-iPhone developers, just let me know.
Last edited by KaTXi; 01-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Ok, great, I'll do it. It would be a good boost to BB10 game development if current Cocos2d-iPhone developers with C++ skills knew how easy it is to port. Basically is as easy as porting to Android but without worrying about a gazillion screen sizes and "that phone doesn't support this feature" stuff.
Just a quick off-topic (sorry):
Sage Kids is alsa avaliable for Android now. Same games but you can change the images in puzzle and match 2 for your own images. This functionality will be included in the next Blackberry release.
You can download it here for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uegos.sagekidsCheck Sage Kids, an amazing Kids / Educational FREE game for BB10.
- By joseaugusto1 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
- By mikelcal in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
- By elite1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 27Last Post: 12-29-2009, 05:58 AM
- By avolcoff in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
- By elite1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2009, 08:49 AM