Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By coolpowers
  • 1 Post By James Richardson
  • 1 Post By coolpowers
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Talking Pin Fall now available in BlackBerry World

I'm happy to bring another of my games to BB10. This time it's a physics-based spin on the trusty action puzzle game, with a pin / badge / button theme. Again, expect the BB10 features like native code, ScoreLoop support and multitasking.

Goofy trailer:

(Again, apologies for referencing non-BB platform things such as GameCenter. All features have been upgraded to their BB10 equivalents though!)

Screens:

More info:
    Pin Fall | coolpowers

BlackBerry World link:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/19311980/
    Check out my games:
    WIGGLER (BB10 - free), breakeroids (BB10, PlayBook) and Pin Fall (BB10)
    Thanked by:
    noelito4three (02-11-2013) 
    BB_Bmore and dietertong like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Any plans to bring this to the PlayBook??
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by:
    coolpowers (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Any plans to bring this to the PlayBook??
    I need to do some testing to make sure it's smooth enough (it's surprisingly taxing on the hardware), but in theory, yeah. I've been focusing on BB10 to make sure stuff was ready for launch, but I can go back and work on my PlayBook stuff now. Btw, if you hadn't seen the post in the PB forum (and/or you have signatures disabled), breakeroids is already on PlayBook
    Check out my games:
    Thanked by 2:
    BB_Bmore (02-12-2013),  cjterminator (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA65368

Thanks, will check it out.
    James
    Thanked by:
    coolpowers (02-13-2013) 
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I've just submitted an update to address some issues when Scoreloop is disabled or can't connect to the internet. It should appear shortly.
    Check out my games:
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Does Pinfall allow you to challenge friends over Scoreloop? Or is the Scoreloop feature there mainly for tracking leaderboards?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It's for leaderboards and achievements / awards. Are challenges something people would like? I have to admit it's kind of nice that developers get that "for free" on the Apple platform, I'd have to do more work with Scoreloop.
    Check out my games:
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by coolpowers View Post
    It's for leaderboards and achievements / awards. Are challenges something people would like? I have to admit it's kind of nice that developers get that "for free" on the Apple platform, I'd have to do more work with Scoreloop.
    Well, I've got a stupid amount of friended people in my Games app. Stupid in that there's no way to keep track of them or categorize them. Not stupid, however, in that the more friends I add, the more accurate picture I get of favourite games. As it stands, of the top four games in the friends favourites section two include challenges, open and direct. These would be Fruit Blitz and Chasing Yello. Expand that list to top eight, and four have these same challenge features, the two others being Yachty and Funky Smugglers. Beyond these four, there are only one or two other games that allow for challenges.

Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe these are just great games. For me, the challenges are added incentive to play, and can result in rivalries.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Update is live btw.

Re: challenges, I think you're right; people do enjoy them. That's why they were added to Game Center in iOS, I suppose. Over on that side though, users are getting annoyed with challenge spam from games they haven't played before, that's why I was wondering if it would be popular over on this side of the fence.

Speaking of which, BBM status integration - yes or no? I didn't include it in my first releases because I figured most people keep their gaming and messaging separate, but now I've witnessed the social side of BBM (groups, chats) I'm wondering if it would be useful.
    Check out my games:
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by coolpowers View Post
    Update is live btw.

Re: challenges, I think you're right; people do enjoy them. That's why they were added to Game Center in iOS, I suppose. Over on that side though, users are getting annoyed with challenge spam from games they haven't played before, that's why I was wondering if it would be popular over on this side of the fence.

Speaking of which, BBM status integration - yes or no? I didn't include it in my first releases because I figured most people keep their gaming and messaging separate, but now I've witnessed the social side of BBM (groups, chats) I'm wondering if it would be useful.
    The game challenges for fames you don't have happens a little on this side. I've been emailing back and forth with a Scoreloop rep on this issue, and have since seen a reduction in the issue. From Scoreloop's perspective, this is intentional though, as a way for friends to invite other friends to download games.

However, the only place I've noticed these challenges is in the game's app itself, when I scroll through the history, I'll see that I've won or lost a challenge in a game I've never owned. And most recently in a game not even available for my device, being one called Name That Plane. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't actually receive notifications that I've been challenged to a game of anything unless I go into the game's challenge mode and look for myself.

As for BBM status integration, I've never heard anyone express a desire for this option, other than to turn it off. I think while there may be some people with a case of Statusitis, this feature is mostly for Devs to advertise.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    coolpowers (03-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by KidCaboose View Post
    From Scoreloop's perspective, this is intentional though, as a way for friends to invite other friends to download games.
    For sure; I wouldn't want them to do away with it. This sort of thing really helps developers. I would just hope the Scoreloop team watch how iOS users are getting annoyed at games that allow spamming everyone on your friends list and avoid that.
    Check out my games:
    dietertong likes this.