Hi administrators
    Look I'm having endless problems with my device privacy. I've come across service books of my work Enterprise server to hidden files etc. I dnt plug my personal handset(BIS) into my pc so is it that somehow my handset is being access during the workday. I usually play my media player from 8am sharp. But recently noticed that my tracks are being selected by certain colleagues of mine. They basically have confirmed this in a very playfull manner, but I dnt appreciate the violation of privacy @ all. There are days that certain tracks won't play - error message "lheader encrypted" or "file cannot be played" when perhaps a day before the format was perfect. What program allows this, clearly IT is abusing certain priviledges but how can I avoid this from happening again. I've tried leaving my data services off, didn't work and my device is locked all the time besides the odd call or two. Frustrated and annoyed ..... Please can an administrator advise me on the best way to go about this .... Carrier support is not very helpfull I've even visited the BB store but they just brush me off. Pls pls pls ... Help
    01-14-11 01:12 PM
    What does "dnt" mean?

Are you on a BES or a BIS?

If you are on a BES, then your employer can control nearly everything on the device.

What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

You should not expect ANY "privacy" on a work device.

I doubt that they can access your media card, however. But they can restrict the access to the card by the device.
    01-14-11 02:21 PM
    I'm BIS, this is my 2nd private handheld device they've accessed. How do I avoid them from controlling my medica player .... I've got a hidden file with "medialoader" in which I cannot delete could that be something they've loaded.
    I know the Enterprise users have no rights over the BB administrators access on there handhelds but this is my personal BIS handset. I've changed the access to my memory cary to off but there seems to be hidden files called "thumbs" that are amoung my tracks if I click show hidden. I delete then and they pop right back up? ...

Nb. Dnt means Don't .... Sorry for my typing lingo, kinda sucks I know.

Can you pls advise further???? Thanks
    01-15-11 01:52 AM
    Lol, bbthumbs are data files your own phone makes when it uses stuff.
    Medialoader is part of the OS.
    I don't think anyone is hacking into your BlackBerry. More likely your memory card is getting corrupted. Pirated music will sometimes do that, if you download music illegally that could be why.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 02:08 AM
    01-15-11 08:05 AM
    You said that your coworkers were controlling your media player. Do you have bluetooth turned on? It's possible that they are connecting to it through that means. My suggestion would be to change (or set) the password on your device, and check your bluetooth pairings to make sure only ones you put on there are there. Perhaps run a reset to factory using BBSAK to make sure everything is clean first.
    01-18-11 08:06 AM
    Without you having to accept some software install on your phone there is no way to remotely control your blackberry without you being on a BES. The corrupted media from pirate site thing sounds plausible but I'm not sure if that's what it is If music is randomly not playing it could be the SD card is bad. try a new card and see if that makes a difference.
    01-18-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD