I'm looking at the available apps for the playbook on appworld. Is there an easy way to see only the playbook apps and not BB apps?

If I search on "playbook" it returns 393 hits; some of which are duplicates. (A pretty paltry selection BTW.) Would be nice also to see a "new apps since [date]" feature.

/Desperately waiting for the ability to run BB and android apps.
    06-22-11 12:33 PM
    searching for "playbook" only shows you apps with "playbook" in their name
    login with your blackberry ID, and select the playbook from your list of registered devices and you'll find 1,863 apps.

the selection is growing daily too
    glamrlama and thedark722 like this.
    06-22-11 01:18 PM
    the number is closer to 3000

I've counted manually
    06-22-11 01:34 PM
    this basically means that ~1200 apps aren't available outside the US
    06-22-11 01:44 PM
    I guess not everything is listed and no, I did not add the numbers but here's what shows in the left when logged in for a PB device:

Business (93)

Education (237)

Entertainment (181)

Finance (68)

Games (892)

Health & Wellness (85)

IM & Social Networking (33)

Maps & Navigation (24)

Music & Audio (41)

News (75)

Photo & Video (83)

Productivity (156)

Reference & eBooks (105)

Shopping (20)

Sports & Recreation (51)

Test Center (3)

Travel (112)

Utilities (378)

Weather (16)
    06-22-11 04:31 PM
    i did a quick snapshot using your counts and mine.. quite a big difference

06-22-11 04:42 PM
    searching for "playbook" only shows you apps with "playbook" in their name
    login with your blackberry ID, and select the playbook from your list of registered devices and you'll find 1,863 apps.

the selection is growing daily too
    Thanks DXBLouie. Don't know why I never thought to login while searching. Suddenly 5X as many apps are available for PB!

Can someone explain and rationalize why some apps are restricted to certain countries?
    06-22-11 07:03 PM
    Thanks DXBLouie. Don't know why I never thought to login while searching. Suddenly 5X as many apps are available for PB!

Can someone explain and rationalize why some apps are restricted to certain countries?
    Developer's have to pick the countries in which their apps are available. This can help ensure licensed content is used only in regions it is legal to do so.
    06-22-11 07:22 PM
    i did a quick snapshot using your counts and mine.. quite a big difference

Good table. I did not realize the numbers I cited totaled that high but I guess the 800+ games really weighs in. Sorry you folks are so short-changed but maybe you have some better apps than we do?
    06-22-11 08:23 PM
    Developer's have to pick the countries in which their apps are available. This can help ensure licensed content is used only in regions it is legal to do so.
    that's unfortunately only the case with a few apps..
    whereas with many others, developers are simply blocking anything related to the arab world (check mediafly stuff for instance)

then again, having lived in the UAE for 12 years now, i'm used to it being mistaken for a terrorist state by ignorant d**kheads
    06-23-11 01:31 AM
    it's easy to bypass geographical restrictions, i've downloaded every app that's only available in US/Canada from outside those 2 countries.
    06-23-11 08:52 AM
    it's easy to bypass geographical restrictions, i've downloaded every app that's only available in US/Canada from outside those 2 countries.
    ha ha

and you know what the next question is:

and how did you by-pass it? proxies? tried it...still couldnt get the few apps not available here..

another question: im due to travel to europe in 2 weeks for a short visit, will i be able to down load some of those apps from there?

thanks,
    06-23-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD