Hey all,

With a lot of user migration to newer Blackberries. We are consolidating the "Bye Bye" threads to a Master thread to share why you are moving from one device to another(Hopefully Blackberry) With newer devices coming out at a very fast pace now days users seem to be either frustrated with their current device/provider. Or looking for something more powerful.

Soooo..... With that said before you post up ask your self the following questions.

Leaving an old Blackberry for a new device?

Moving on to another Blackberry device because of previous device issues that have not been fixed?

Moving to a different provider for a better device?

This thread is for you!

As a reminder Crackberry Rules and Guidelines apply as always.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Keep it clean and have fun!!!
    07-06-09 10:35 AM
    Great Idea, Keep them all in one place!
    07-06-09 10:37 AM
    I just left full time for the iPhone 3GS. Since the iPhone came out, I still carried a blackberry and just switched the SIMs because both devices were lacking features and each by themselves wasn't enough to give up the other. Ever since 3.0 and the speed of the 3GS, it made it easier to say goodbye (for now) to BBM, push email and app running in the background. I do love blackberries, but right now the iPhone fits by needs and it just more fun. I get business taken care of on it and play time. Not a knock on Blackberry though, I just have more fun out of the iPhone with the same level of productivity.

The second reason, was IMO the stale OS. I've been using blackberries since the 8703 when it first came out and I love them. But fast forward to the Bold I am just bored. The OS just needs to be done over. Right now, just a little too boring and if I pay over 300 bucks for a device I want some extra things besides push email, afterall 30 bucks covers that each month. I always stay up to date on new devices, but I will not buy another blackberry until I see *real* change in the OS and UI. For now, I'm sticking with my 3GS and the Bold is in the drawer chillin.
    patelmehul1111 likes this.
    07-06-09 12:38 PM
    I'll use whatever device my company provides to me.. So far they've provided to me a 3G, now 3GS and a Bold then Storm..

So I carry around a Storm and a 3GS.. I've seen the Storm take some knocks but the OS is getting a little better.. It is a little stale, but I dunno.. I'm a huge fan of touchscreen devices and it'd be odd for me to not carry around the only touchscreen BB..

however.. I rarely use it except for Office Communicator which isnt' available on the iPhone.. the day that comes out, is the day I stop using the Storm.

So, although this isn't a good bye post, I never use the Storm and have been migrated away from Blackberrys as a whole.. so in essence, it is "goodbye", just with a technicality.
    patelmehul1111 likes this.
    07-06-09 05:18 PM
    I think I might be dropping my Bold for an HTC Hero device, if and when it becomes available through ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 09:01 PM
    First page. I like this idea.
    07-06-09 11:54 PM
    Thank you so, so much for finally doing this. This is a great idea! I was tired of seeing all the "whining" (sorry guys) in all the forums and people saying "BAWWWWWW I'm leaving the _*insert device name here*_ for the _*insert other device name here*_
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-08-09 12:10 AM
    Well today was interesting. I did something I never thought possible. I broke my contract with VZW.

Some of you will not give a sh!t about this, others might find it entertaining but I had to vent to people who can empathize with this type of situation.

So I called VZW today to attempt to pre-order the tour or at the very least, find out the details on a possible early upgrade when it's officially released. The first person I speak to informs me that in order to be eligible for an early upgrade I'd have to have the $44.99 calling plan or higher. Conversation didn't go much further than that, I said thanks and my goodbyes and hung up to think of what my options were. *Lightbulb*. How about I just change my plan to the $54.99 a month plan, order the phone and switch back to my old plan once I have it? Brilliant! Or maybe not...

I call back and am pretty quickly connected to a very nice guy named Phillip. Phillip confirms for the second time today that yes I do need to have a $44.99 or higher voice plan to get an early upgrade. So I'm all, "Sign me the h*ll up Phil, because I would like that Tour!" We share a quick laugh and Phillip upgrades my plan to a $54.99 plan and backdates it to my last billing cycle. When this is finished I ask good old Phillip if he could help me to pre-order the tour now. Phillip says he's not in sales, but can connect me with someone who can order it for me. YAY!! Just before he transfers me I confirm with him once more that I will be able to pre-order the tour now and switch my plan back when I get it. I get a confident "Yes ma'am" and thank Phil for his assistance.

I'm transferred to sales and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside because it's finally happening right? Sales flat out tells me I have to pre-order online. So I tell Mr. Sales Guy that the website will not allow those with corporate discounts to pre-order online. Mr. Sales Guy doesn't really seem to care and tells me he'll transfer me to CS. I'm on hold....listening to a recording about all the wonderful things VZW can do for their customers and how important my business is to them....still on hold...

Aha, the CS Rep gets on the line. I explain to her the situation and then I think I blacked out. Because all I remember her saying is that the other 2 people I previously spoke with have misinformed me. Am I dreaming? According to Ms. CS Rep (who's name I must have forgotten when I blacked out from shock) tells me that I'd have to be on this higher calling plan for 3 consecutive months in order to do the early upgrade, otherwise I can't get one until January. I begin to tell her about how my curve is fried, I can't wait 6 months and I'm not paying a $50 insurance deductible for some crappy refurb. I then ask her to just transfer me to cancellations.

Silence.....She quickly asks if she can put me on hold for a few minutes (which ended up being 20 mins). I oblige because I assume she's going to work something out to retain my business. She gets back on and just quickly apologizes again for the other 2 people who misinformed me but says there's nothing that can be done. I let her know that i will be canceling my contract and ask for what my ETF will be, thank her and hang up.

What happened next? Well I blacked out the rest of my day at work (because it bored me to tears) and found myself in the AT&T store purchasing a Bold. That's pretty much that. Farewell VZW.

So anyway, I just wanted to share. It's working great so far. Coverage is fine and it ended up being $10 a month cheaper without my old corporate discount than VZW was. So I'm happy to have a beautiful device that's functioning properly.

And by the way, this thread is not a knock on VZW. I had them for almost 5 years and never had a complaint. Today I was just so disappointed and needed a device and coverage that would function well for me. So I hope you all enjoy your tours when you get them. I'll probably be hanging around the Bold forums now. Long story I know. But I just needed to say it.
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-09-09 06:43 PM
    You canceled over a pre-order? I think that's a little trigger happy. But good luck I guess.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    07-10-09 09:12 AM
    Well today was interesting. I did something I never thought possible. I broke my contract with VZW.

Some of you will not give a sh!t about this, others might find it entertaining but I had to vent to people who can empathize with this type of situation.

So I called VZW today to attempt to pre-order the tour or at the very least, find out the details on a possible early upgrade when it's officially released. The first person I speak to informs me that in order to be eligible for an early upgrade I'd have to have the $44.99 calling plan or higher. Conversation didn't go much further than that, I said thanks and my goodbyes and hung up to think of what my options were. *Lightbulb*. How about I just change my plan to the $54.99 a month plan, order the phone and switch back to my old plan once I have it? Brilliant! Or maybe not...

I call back and am pretty quickly connected to a very nice guy named Phillip. Phillip confirms for the second time today that yes I do need to have a $44.99 or higher voice plan to get an early upgrade. So I'm all, "Sign me the h*ll up Phil, because I would like that Tour!" We share a quick laugh and Phillip upgrades my plan to a $54.99 plan and backdates it to my last billing cycle. When this is finished I ask good old Phillip if he could help me to pre-order the tour now. Phillip says he's not in sales, but can connect me with someone who can order it for me. YAY!! Just before he transfers me I confirm with him once more that I will be able to pre-order the tour now and switch my plan back when I get it. I get a confident "Yes ma'am" and thank Phil for his assistance.

I'm transferred to sales and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside because it's finally happening right? Sales flat out tells me I have to pre-order online. So I tell Mr. Sales Guy that the website will not allow those with corporate discounts to pre-order online. Mr. Sales Guy doesn't really seem to care and tells me he'll transfer me to CS. I'm on hold....listening to a recording about all the wonderful things VZW can do for their customers and how important my business is to them....still on hold...

Aha, the CS Rep gets on the line. I explain to her the situation and then I think I blacked out. Because all I remember her saying is that the other 2 people I previously spoke with have misinformed me. Am I dreaming? According to Ms. CS Rep (who's name I must have forgotten when I blacked out from shock) tells me that I'd have to be on this higher calling plan for 3 consecutive months in order to do the early upgrade, otherwise I can't get one until January. I begin to tell her about how my curve is fried, I can't wait 6 months and I'm not paying a $50 insurance deductible for some crappy refurb. I then ask her to just transfer me to cancellations.

Silence.....She quickly asks if she can put me on hold for a few minutes (which ended up being 20 mins). I oblige because I assume she's going to work something out to retain my business. She gets back on and just quickly apologizes again for the other 2 people who misinformed me but says there's nothing that can be done. I let her know that i will be canceling my contract and ask for what my ETF will be, thank her and hang up.

What happened next? Well I blacked out the rest of my day at work (because it bored me to tears) and found myself in the AT&T store purchasing a Bold. That's pretty much that. Farewell VZW.

So anyway, I just wanted to share. It's working great so far. Coverage is fine and it ended up being $10 a month cheaper without my old corporate discount than VZW was. So I'm happy to have a beautiful device that's functioning properly.

And by the way, this thread is not a knock on VZW. I had them for almost 5 years and never had a complaint. Today I was just so disappointed and needed a device and coverage that would function well for me. So I hope you all enjoy your tours when you get them. I'll probably be hanging around the Bold forums now. Long story I know. But I just needed to say it.

I used to have VZW... same type of experiences with CS. Welcome to the Bold family! It is a great device and so far so good with AT&T.
    jezreel likes this.
    07-10-09 01:02 PM
    You canceled over a pre-order? I think that's a little trigger happy. But good luck I guess.
    Didn't cancel over a pre-order. I cancelled because my curve was fried and would have no way of getting a new one without paying full retail. Since at&t has the same coverage in my area and works out to be cheaper each month, I decided to get a bold instead.

kdoo ahmad likes this.
    07-10-09 04:25 PM
    Well, actually, my story is a bit long. I've been with AT&T for several years cuz where I'm located, its the best service available. Vorizen isn't even offered nor is sprint. On my previous upgrade, I got a Motorola razr. For a nonqwerty keyboard, I enjoyed it, got good reception etc. etc. until one day (a lament sounds) I washed it. Oh and to put the icing on the cake, I dried it. Yes, yes, yes, it was in my pocket. My 8 month old razr was toast (but it WAS very clean). So I bought a Nokia 6XXX and it was a crap, crap phone. I wouldn't buy another Nokia, qwerty with pda and a gold chip inside.

Well, finally, I can upgrade. My daughter loves to text and I am so slow texting (I'm old, can't help it). I also use the calendar and task functions a lot (my brain is old, my phone keeps me straight and that's a lot to ask of any phone.) So I say, yup, qwerty keyboard, here we come. So I bought a Samsung Propel. I really liked it. I really, really did. Nothing against bb phones. And although it wasn't a pda phone, it had enough "pda" kinds of functions to keep my life straight (the second use for my phone, LOL). The problem, crappy battery life.

Let's back up, in March, I was hit by an F3 tornado at 1:30 AM (one heck of a way to wake up) and my home was badly damaged. No power, no phone, my cell phone got me through despite the fact it was a crap nokia. It called family, house and car insurance, kept in touch with friends and appraised them of my situation. It worked very, very hard that day and the battery stuck with me.

So I guess that made me very battery conscious cuz after that, I knew I had to have an adequate battery. The propel just didn't seem like it would be up to the task. So I returned it. Then I made a good but very bad mistake. Yeah, I know, confusing but I will clarify. I went to Walmart and got the BB 8310 for $20. Thought I had me a deal! Red too! Loved the red, loved the BB, loved my phone. And battery life was better. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Wrong, I bought it from Walmart. I believe they send reject phones to Walmart because my dd's phone crapped out on her after she had it about 2 months. Well, the gps didn't work (I was trying out telenav at the time). It kept saying that gps wasn't available and to get to an open area. Didn't matter if I had pissy service or great service. So I took it to the AT&T folks who are very nice. They worked on it even though I bought it from Walmart. (They did tell me before I went I would be sorry).

So phone goes back to Walmart. I had every intention of getting another 8310 at the at&t store but as luck would have it, the 8900 had come out between the time I got my 8310 and when I returned it. I thought about the Bold but no 3G around here where I use my phone 95% of the time so no need for 3G.

I love my 8900. No problems so far! Yay! People can switch to iphones, g1 phones or anything they want. I'm sold on my bb 8900.

End of Story
    07-10-09 09:24 PM
    Thumbs up on consolidating these thread! Great idea, and thanks.

07-10-09 09:28 PM
    Dear BlackBerry Curve,

It's been fun. We have had a lot of great times together. You have delivered my e-mails without too much fuss, almost never missing a beat. You even opened my heart to the joys of streaming radio via Pandora. Alas, you are just a bit too old and too slow for my modern mobile computing needs. Although I will be with your younger brother Tour from now on, we will always have the time we shared together. Goodbye, BlackBerry Curve. I love you.

-DanMcQ
    Fabi99 likes this.
    07-11-09 03:21 PM
    I guess I shall just copy and paste my rant in here seening my thread got shut down...

Back in June a VZW rep told me "Don't cancel, we'll get you a Tour in July" because I've had nothing but bad devices since I've signed up last November. Well I found out through a friend that they used my "upgrade" in Feb and got me another Storm... but anyways...

After 6 or 7 reps who said "Yea we can get you a Tour but we can't work out a price until it comes out"... I've been told "Sorry, you can not get the Tour unless you pay full retail price. The Storm and Tour are not comparable". So the retentions department suggestion is refurb Storms... No thanks. I paid for a NEW device and it's not my fault that I've been given nothing but poor quality devices. I know VZW doesn't care about little old me, but this is the reason I early termed w/ them last time. There poor customer service. "Im going to note your account so no other rep will be able to do anything for you after this conversation"... OUCH. Thanks for the help.

I'm off my "Tour high"... I'll get a prepaid for all I care LOL. I'm just pissed but rightfully so. Enjoy your Tours kiddos I'm sure it's a great device that I will never know anything about LOL.
    sachmalh likes this.
    07-12-09 08:38 PM
    I guess I shall just copy and paste my rant in here seening my thread got shut down...

Back in June a VZW rep told me "Don't cancel, we'll get you a Tour in July" because I've had nothing but bad devices since I've signed up last November. Well I found out through a friend that they used my "upgrade" in Feb and got me another Storm... but anyways...

After 6 or 7 reps who said "Yea we can get you a Tour but we can't work out a price until it comes out"... I've been told "Sorry, you can not get the Tour unless you pay full retail price. The Storm and Tour are not comparable". So the retentions department suggestion is refurb Storms... No thanks. I paid for a NEW device and it's not my fault that I've been given nothing but poor quality devices. I know VZW doesn't care about little old me, but this is the reason I early termed w/ them last time. There poor customer service. "Im going to note your account so no other rep will be able to do anything for you after this conversation"... OUCH. Thanks for the help.

I'm off my "Tour high"... I'll get a prepaid for all I care LOL. I'm just pissed but rightfully so. Enjoy your Tours kiddos I'm sure it's a great device that I will never know anything about LOL.
    I ranted about a similar situation above. It's ridiculous.

I think what really mad me laugh was when the final CS Rep ended the phone call with "your business is very important to us". I was like, "really? Are you reading that off of a piece of paper?" because obviously my business was not important to VZW at all."

Anyway, the Bold is great!!!!! I suggest it if you're going to make a move.
    07-14-09 06:40 PM
    I can relate this. I've had many VZW CS reps promise similar things and then when I call back they say, "I'm sorry we have no notes on your account regarding such an offer". Then when I persist or tell them when I called in or who I spoke to, they say, "All I can do is email the rep you last spoke to but we are unable to transfer you to that rep or make such an offer". It was so disappointing.
    But when I sent an email inquiring about cancellation policies, I quickly got a call from a VZW rep. This was right after I received a replacement Storm. The rep asked if the replacement was working okay, I said "so good so far". And even before I finished the conversation I received an email stating “Per our phone conversation today all issues and concerns regarding your equipment have been resolved."
    Obviously CS reps are quick to document what they want and are very selective about what they document. They just seem shady to me. IMO
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-14-09 at 07:20 PM.
    07-14-09 07:16 PM
    I have made the upgrade to the Javelin, and WOW I definitely am glad that I did. I had the 8320 because it had wifi, and I was thinking that getting some cool apps on my phone might be fun. (this was my first smartphone) I liked it ok, I got a few nice apps on it, and after I put opera mini on it it had an ok web experience, but I really thought it was boring compared to other phones out at the time (iphone, at&t tilt, etc.). I was getting really ready to buy me a Nokia smatphone, or possibly a gsm storm. When my contract ended at at&t, my friend convinced me to switch to Tmo, and since the 8900 was like the best smart phone there (my touch excluded) I got the 8900 and WOW!!! Comparing the 8320 and the 8900 side by side is like night and day! The screen on the 8320 looks downright washed out upside the 8900, the phones physical design is so sleek on the 8900, the camera takes awesome pictures comparatively. I think that this is what I was looking for with the 8320, but it didnt happen till the 8900. Hey, better late than never right? Sorry about the punctuation I typed in a hurry.
    07-14-09 07:57 PM
    16GB iPhone 3G to BB TOUR!
    07-14-09 07:58 PM
    I can relate this. I've had many VZW CS reps promise similar things and then when I call back they say, "I'm sorry we have no notes on your account regarding such an offer". Then when I persist or tell them when I called in or who I spoke to, they say, "All I can do is email the rep you last spoke to but we are unable to transfer you to that rep or make such an offer". It was so disappointing.
    But when I sent an email inquiring about cancellation policies, I quickly got a call from a VZW rep. This was right after I received a replacement Storm. The rep asked if the replacement was working okay, I said "so good so far". And even before I finished the conversation I received an email stating �Per our phone conversation today all issues and concerns regarding your equipment have been resolved."
    Obviously CS reps are quick to document what they want and are very selective about what they document. They just seem shady to me. IMO
    I wonder if vorizen also runs Hughes, a satellite internet service. They seem to function the same.
    07-15-09 07:11 AM
    Switched from Sprint 8830 to T-Mo 8900. I get much better reception at work. Reception in my apartment still sucks. I just remedied that however by adding a wireless router to my modem. Now I can make crystal clear calls from anywhere in my apartment thanks to UMA.

07-15-09 04:32 PM
    But when I sent an email inquiring about cancellation policies, I quickly got a call from a VZW rep. This was right after I received a replacement Storm. The rep asked if the replacement was working okay, I said "so good so far". And even before I finished the conversation I received an email stating �Per our phone conversation today all issues and concerns regarding your equipment have been resolved."
    If nobody here cares for vz's customer service, which carrier will give you guys what ever you want
    07-16-09 11:33 PM
    If nobody here cares for vz's customer service, which carrier will give you guys what ever you want
    T-Mobile has given me nothing but the best customer service for six years now.

My contract was not due to expire for another year when I first decided I wanted to get a smartphone. But who wants to pay full retail? I called them and explained that it would be cheaper for me to break my contract with them and sign up with another carrier than to buy a Blackberry from them outright. Someone worked some numbers and now I have a brand new Blackberry Curve 8320 (nope, I'm not fancy) for which I paid the new-customer price of $74.99.

I recommend T-Mobile without reservation, and I'm looking forward to bonding with my first Berry.
    07-17-09 04:48 PM
    So far so good with Tmobile.
    07-17-09 06:32 PM
    just switched to the tour. how do i setup my old bb email? it says the email already exists and asks me to choose another name.
    07-18-09 02:19 PM
3,266 123 ...