Every time I turn on my Bold I get a txt message containing the following:
    44608 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. SE:t=1c34;m=1

I originally had an ATT Torch but ever since I switched back to a non ATT bold I get this message. Any ideas before I call ATT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 12:14 AM
    Send yourself a text, and test to see if it happens again. This sometimes fixes this error. Also, if that doesn't work, delete the text conversation, and then the contact involved, and re-add the contact and test again.

Hopefully one of these turns out to be a solution for you.
    09-01-10 12:21 AM
    SDIP, did you solve? I've discovered that my BlackBerry Torch is sending outgoing SMS messages to 44608. It's definitely going through -- and I'm getting charged every time. This only happens when I reboot the device. Thinking there's some app that's automatically sending an SMS. We should compare notes, to see what we've got installed ...
    10-26-10 07:03 PM
    Sounds like a malware app to me. I suggest removing apps and installing one at a time to weed out the bad one sending the sms.

10-30-10 11:26 PM
    was this ever fixed? Have a unlocked Bell 9780 on att and i get the same error message after i reboot.

Cheers
    11-23-10 01:27 PM
    Check and see what apps are being launched on startup. Uninstall the third party apps and reboot. See if it happens again. If not then you know where the error lays. Install each app 1 at a time and reboot after each one. Once again make note of if and when the error happens. That will be the cause of the error.
    11-23-10 06:12 PM
    I believe this has to do with Visual Voice Mail. When using the device switch wizard in DM, a setting is carried over from the other phone and it causes a problem. You need to backup your BB, reinstall the OS, and then do a selective restore and only restore contacts, calendar, etc. Do not restore any system/user settings.
    11-23-10 07:09 PM
    OK. Here is the thing. I did a wipe of the handset and then installed a new OS. I believe Vodafone UK. After the device started up again the message still showed up. I also tried to delete the Visual Voicemail alx and that didnt help neither.

Contacts, etc are done through BES and it shows my device correctly as 9780...

Any more ideas?
    11-24-10 07:42 AM
    Yeah had this problem too, by the way I am on ATT with a Bell 9800. Bought a unlocked 9800 and popped my sim in received my service books and everything went fine @ first. Was not subscribed to visual voicemail at the time. Put my sim back in 9700 to run with the leaked OS for a few days, followed advice of backing up service books with DM incase needed to have to install to 9800. Went to move sim back over to the 9800 and plan on using it for a sometime. Now here comes the problem moved my backup services books over to the 9800 from the 9700, thinking @ time it needed to be like some who have had to use 9700 service books from T-Mobile USA with their 9800. Wasn't very good idea for my 9800 really did not like something, so I factory wiped and after the wipe came these stupid messages started to appear after a boot.

Some have stated that it is Bell visual voicemail initating from the from the phone and I must agree. Cause deactivated my visual voicemail service to see if this would stop the irrating messages, answer no. Changed the voicemail number to googlevoice, answer no. How to stop the problem, flash software with shrink-an-os or remove visual voicemail.cod prior to install. Now have no repeating messages.

Funny thing is that ain't funny cause as soon as I moved to the 9800 I am being charged $.10 for every message, including these stupid 44608 messages. But yet I have 200 message plan for stuff like this. Was wandering if any can help me and explain these charges. Thanks for any help?!!!
    11-24-10 07:46 AM
    Call bell and dispute it.

11-24-10 11:28 AM
    It is the Visual Voice Mail. If you don't have internet on your account the error message occurs because the app is sending the response. You need to delete it from your Blackberry.
    02-02-11 03:04 PM
    i have a bell unlocked BB 9780 and now on O2 network in Ireland. I have a data plan as well.

in 2 days my balance dropped from Euro 10 to Euro 5 becauses of this error 44608 in text messaging.

as i see in the forum, it is trying to connect bell visual voice mail, is it possible to delete vvm.cod without wiping BB itself.

thanks
    11-17-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD