Information about BB10 for Fido customers.
I just called Fido and I got a representative that seemed very informed about the upcoming BB10 phones. I asked him if BB10 phones will be available on Fido and he told me that he himself was interested in getting the BB10 phones and because of that he has asked higher level management. He told me that the BB10 phones will be available for Fido, but probably not at launch. He told me that because Rogers owns Fido, they have a strategy where they do not release higher-level phones to Fido right away. So Rogers gets the phones first and then 3-6 months later, the phones are available on Fido.
He also told me about a program called "the migration program" that allows Fido customers that are on a contract to switch to Rogers without incurring any cancellation fees. So that is good news for Fido customers. All you have to do is call Fido's Loyalty department and tell them that you want to switch to Rogers. He told me to mention the Migration program as not everyone will automatically "migrate" you to Rogers.
There you have it folks. Hope this helps.
- 01-16-13, 01:17 PM #4
The real problem is all the big 3 and their low cost carriers are carrying the Z10 EXCEPT FIDO.
As to the "the migration program"..it's been around for awhile, just not advertised. There are some stipulations like you must be within 6 months of ending your contract before switching and you have to get one of Roger's off the shelf plans...you cannot keep your current plan, especially retentions plans.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-16-13, 01:25 PM #5
- 1,512 Posts
Now that Virgin Mobile (Bell's MVNO) offers same $56 plan as Fido, I'd probably move to Virgin for BB 10.
No BB 10 by Fido means I'll be moving away from it!------------------------
- * Some feedback for improving BBM: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...m-team-983172/
- * Some ideas for future devices: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ncepts-980043/
- CrackBerry Genius
01-16-13, 11:58 PM #9
- 4,277 Posts
The main downside of switching to Virgin for me would be the lack of 2G, which allows me reception in hard-to-penetrate locations (like in the underground Skytrain stations).Blatant placeholder signature.
- By mikelcal in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-26-12, 11:10 AM
- By sashlon in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 20Last Post: 04-13-12, 08:36 PM
- By sashlon in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 20Last Post: 04-13-12, 08:36 PM
- By fredrik_1451 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: 12-19-09, 04:13 AM
- By bloodlinebb in forum SprintReplies: 10Last Post: 06-23-09, 05:23 PM