Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By koolrosh
  • 1 Post By chrysaurora
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Information about BB10 for Fido customers.

I just called Fido and I got a representative that seemed very informed about the upcoming BB10 phones. I asked him if BB10 phones will be available on Fido and he told me that he himself was interested in getting the BB10 phones and because of that he has asked higher level management. He told me that the BB10 phones will be available for Fido, but probably not at launch. He told me that because Rogers owns Fido, they have a strategy where they do not release higher-level phones to Fido right away. So Rogers gets the phones first and then 3-6 months later, the phones are available on Fido.

He also told me about a program called "the migration program" that allows Fido customers that are on a contract to switch to Rogers without incurring any cancellation fees. So that is good news for Fido customers. All you have to do is call Fido's Loyalty department and tell them that you want to switch to Rogers. He told me to mention the Migration program as not everyone will automatically "migrate" you to Rogers.

There you have it folks. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by 6:
    Geeoff (01-04-2013),  LiLAzNNewB (01-16-2013),  schmeat (01-04-2013),  Superfly_FR (01-04-2013),  twstd.reality (01-05-2013),  web99 (01-17-2013) 
    web99 and V22 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Information about BB10 for Fido customers.

I'd be surprised if Fido got BlackBerry 10 phones that soon. Fido doesn't even have the Bold 9900 yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Fido got BlackBerry 10 phones that soon. Fido doesn't even have the Bold 9900 yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Samsung S3 was released in June and is now available on Fido. (exactly 6 months)

iPhone 5 was available on Fido as soon as it was released, though the first iPhone took some time before it appeared on Fido.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

The real problem is all the big 3 and their low cost carriers are carrying the Z10 EXCEPT FIDO.

As to the "the migration program"..it's been around for awhile, just not advertised. There are some stipulations like you must be within 6 months of ending your contract before switching and you have to get one of Roger's off the shelf plans...you cannot keep your current plan, especially retentions plans.
    CrackBerry Master

Now that Virgin Mobile (Bell's MVNO) offers same $56 plan as Fido, I'd probably move to Virgin for BB 10.
    No BB 10 by Fido means I'll be moving away from it!
    -------------
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by narci View Post
    The real problem is all the big 3 and their low cost carriers are carrying the Z10 EXCEPT FIDO.

As to the "the migration program"..it's been around for awhile, just not advertised. There are some stipulations like you must be within 6 months of ending your contract before switching and you have to get one of Roger's off the shelf plans...you cannot keep your current plan, especially retentions plans.
    True... Every low cost carrier in Canada has confirmed BB10. My guess is that Fido will have to follow suit...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

If fido doesn't I'm switching for sure. Unless i can buy a factory unlocked.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm on fido too.. I'm hoping they have it or I'll have to consider moving.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    Now that Virgin Mobile (Bell's MVNO) offers same $56 plan as Fido, I'd probably move to Virgin for BB 10.
    No BB 10 by Fido means I'll be moving away from it!
    I may have to consider doing the same, even though I just signed a contract with Fido... Although I do plan on selling the phone I got through them, so I should break even.

The main downside of switching to Virgin for me would be the lack of 2G, which allows me reception in hard-to-penetrate locations (like in the underground Skytrain stations).
    Blatant placeholder signature.