if you were a betting man/woman, what are the odds of Verizon getting the IPHONE in 2010?

also I saw some drawings of what a Verizon Iphone would look like and the screen is much smaller. why would they shrink down the screen?
    01-21-10 07:32 AM
    60 for / 40 against, whatever the case the iPhone will be better on AT&T than Verilock.
    01-21-10 08:16 AM
    i am on Verizon Blackberry Storm and i am not locked down to anything. I can do whatever i choose on this phone. explain?
    01-21-10 08:23 AM
    would you want the iphone on verizon even if that meant losing the ability to get voice and data at the same time?
    01-21-10 08:36 AM
    With mobile technology advancing it is getting more and more important to have the ability for simultaneous voice and data. I can understand if AT&T does not have very good service in your area as I would switch to but I am receiving excellent 3G service as it is where I live.

When I do travel rarely if ever do I lose my signal.

I find myself more and more on a call (headphones) while "multitasking" safari or an app.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-21-10 at 10:14 AM.
    01-21-10 09:46 AM
    you know what, i dont really understand the constant arguing that goes on with this day in and day out on various sites. If Verizon gets a iphone good, if AT&T keeps it good. I mean i understand back your phone provider and getting that whole blue team and red team thing but dear God whats it hurt AT&T users if we on verizon get a iphone. ha i mean its insane to get so bent outta shape over. I'm not saying you guys are but you know itll end up turning into the debate it has on everyother verizon iphone conversation. I personally love my itouch and itd be awesome for iphone to be available on verizon, wether the coverage is better or not its my descion and if u have AT&T great. but we aint gotta argue, to each his own right?

ha sorry i had to say it before it started. Personally my opion is i think Verizon will eventually get something, why not? I live in NC and AT&T coverage isn't great here, it is in Charlotte i think but for where i live i have verizon cuz it gets the best for my area. So i'd love a iphone
    01-21-10 10:45 AM
    I wish it would. The iphone is perfect for me, I have used one and I've had an ipod touch for a year loved them both. However due to AT&T spotty coverage in my area I need to stick with verizon. So I settled with the storm 2. Its a great phone for some and I do like some things about it. But for me the iphone is a better phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 10:46 AM
    would you want the iphone on verizon even if that meant losing the ability to get voice and data at the same time?
    LTE supports voice and data at the same time.
    01-21-10 01:15 PM
    I hope Verizon doesnt get that Icrap... the Iphone besides being on a crapper carrier right now (AT&T) the Iphone itself is very buggy and a POS. Then when you do have problems with the Iphone, you have to go to an Apple Store which you have to call a head to make room for you as there so booked with many other problems with there phone that it could take up to a couple days before your even allowed for them to look at your phone.

apple and AT&T can keep that crap over on AT&T since that garbage goes hand in hand
    01-21-10 01:32 PM
    I hope Verizon doesnt get that Icrap... the Iphone besides being on a crapper carrier right now (AT&T) the Iphone itself is very buggy and a POS. Then when you do have problems with the Iphone, you have to go to an Apple Store which you have to call a head to make room for you as there so booked with many other problems with there phone that it could take up to a couple days before your even allowed for them to look at your phone.

apple and AT&T can keep that crap over on AT&T since that garbage goes hand in hand
    your just full of love aren't ya. the genius bar isn't an iphone repair center its an apple support center for any apple product. I called and they had many appointments that were as early or as late as I wanted plus they repaired my phone on the spot. Much better support then I got with my storm. Verizon wouldn't exchange the phone because it was purchased online and held 200 and something against my credit card until the other one was returned. As for the iphones problems, hate to burst that bubble but the tour has had many problems as have most of the other blackberry phones. if your comparing rim's way ahead of the issue department, but who's comparing. some people love either or and some love both, I happen to enjoy both but felt the iphone had more of what I wanted.

In any event, I'd say verizon will eventually get the iphone but not within this year. They are gearing up for the two pre's, promoting the droid and will soon start with lte. With all of the rumors though who's to even say any are true. One says they will get it and another says the tablet will go to verizon. It's all hearsay and with the event days away I'd say wait and see. If they don't announce one there then maybe the next one they will.
    Last edited by spawn026; 01-21-10 at 02:15 PM.
    01-21-10 02:09 PM
    I don't know if it will happen but I hope it does so I can see all the VZW customers
    who spend their energy bashing the phone go out and buy one the day it comes out.
    01-21-10 02:41 PM
    LTE supports voice and data at the same time.
    True but LTE is a ways out for VZW, I could see them waiting till then to get the iPhone LTE version, I might even switch when that happens.
    01-21-10 03:00 PM

mac platforms are extremely stable. u wanna see buggy? try a windows mobile phone. the only issue for iphone is its lack of multitasking. thats it. the fact that you have somewhere to take the phone besides the carrier is a blessing! have you ever even owned a 3gs iphone or any mac product for that matter?
    01-21-10 03:14 PM
    when i am on the phone i dont need data. i have never needed to use data while i;m on the phone. not to mention i dont think i have ever been on one phone call for over 10 minutes anyways.
    01-21-10 03:47 PM

This "Icrap" statement coming from a supposedly "FORD" and previous "Storm" owner is hilarious but to each his own I guess .

I'd venture to say you've never used an iPhone and if you have it's been for all of 30 seconds.
    01-21-10 04:07 PM
    when i am on the phone i dont need data. i have never needed to use data while i;m on the phone. not to mention i dont think i have ever been on one phone call for over 10 minutes anyways.
    You don't see the use because you don't have the capability but trust me.. it comes in more handy that one would think. I find myself using both much more that I thought.

LTE sounds awesome but realistically it is at least a couple years away to be widespread. Sure Verizon may have LTE up some time this year but if you don't live in LA, NYC, Chicago etc you would be Sht out of luck.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-21-10 at 04:11 PM.
    01-21-10 04:09 PM
    Interesting read on LTE from Yahoo Finance.

Look for LTE, a leading-edge wireless data technology, to go live across the globe in 2010.

Wireless phone companies worldwide have been testing LTE, which stands for long-term evolution.

This next-generation 4G wireless technology will boost data speeds from four to 15 times over existing 3G networks, analysts say, depending on how much radio spectrum wireless companies have available.

In late 2009, Norway's Telenor and Sweden's TeliaSonera turned on their LTE networks in a few Scandinavian cities. In 2010, Verizon Wireless in the U.S. and Japan's NTT DoCoMo (NYSECM - News) plan to start deploying LTE networks in some markets.

China Telecom (NYSE:CHL - News), Telefonica (NYSE:TEF - News), Russia's Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE:MBT - News), Chunghwa Telecom, AT&T (NYSE:T - News), Metro PCS Communications (NYSE:PCS - News) and some 50 other wireless firms have also committed to LTE upgrades.

Still, analysts say it'll take a few years for the technology to impact competition in a big way, so it's impossible to predict winners or losers. Users will be charged more for 4G, but that will mean such things as faster video downloads.

The first devices capable of accessing LTE networks will be laptop computers equipped with small modems, known as dongles. LTE-ready smart phones and other products won't be available until 2011 or later, analysts say.

"We don't see LTE reaching critical mass globally for three or four years," said Thomas Wehmeier, an analyst at U.K.-based Informa Telecoms & Media. "We'll see a wave of launches this year, including Verizon and DoCoMo. But actual deployments will be limited."

While some LTE smart phones could appear in late 2011, Wehmeier says 2012 is "more realistic." One reason for the delay is that many wireless companies will want dual-mode phones that work on both LTE and 3G networks, as LTE coverage will expand only gradually.

Verizon, co-owned by Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ - News) and U.K.- based Vodafone (NasdaqGS:VOD - News), says it'll construct LTE networks in 25 to 30 U.S. markets in 2010. But it won't have national LTE coverage until 2013. In the meantime, Verizon customers will need dual-mode devices that also connect to its older 3G, CDMA network.

WiMax Other 4G Flavor.....
    Reinhardt Krause , On Wednesday January 20, 2010, 6:44 pm EST
    01-21-10 04:16 PM
    well..we may have an answer this coming Wednesday.
    01-21-10 05:32 PM
    I think Verizon gets a LTE iPhone in between 1 and 2 years.
    01-21-10 06:06 PM
    you know what, i dont really understand the constant arguing that goes on with this day in and day out on various sites. If Verizon gets a iphone good, if AT&T keeps it good. I mean i understand back your phone provider and getting that whole blue team and red team thing but dear God whats it hurt AT&T users if we on verizon get a iphone. ha i mean its insane to get so bent outta shape over. I'm not saying you guys are but you know itll end up turning into the debate it has on everyother verizon iphone conversation. I personally love my itouch and itd be awesome for iphone to be available on verizon, wether the coverage is better or not its my descion and if u have AT&T great. but we aint gotta argue, to each his own right?

ha sorry i had to say it before it started. Personally my opion is i think Verizon will eventually get something, why not? I live in NC and AT&T coverage isn't great here, it is in Charlotte i think but for where i live i have verizon cuz it gets the best for my area. So i'd love a iphone
    You havent noticed its almost ALL VZW (or some other carrier) users who come into the iphone section bashing the iphone or ATT (not you per say who seems level headed)?

Thats why stupid arguments start, because people cant mind their own business and have to get in everyone else's and put their opinion into everything calling ATT and the iphone all kinds of childish names (iCrap, Itoy, etc etc). Either its big time jealousy or people are truly immature around here to have to intentionally come in this subforum to start crap with people.

Of COURSE every VZW fanboy is going to think the iphone is coming to VZW, because they want one no matter how much they bash on it! It seems everyone else is more rational on the topic since we dont care either way.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-21-10 at 06:35 PM.
    01-21-10 06:33 PM

Honestly, by you saying the iPhone is buggy just shows that you have probably never used one. The device works flawlessly. It is the smoothest OS to use. Don't believe me? Read a ******* review. The iPhone is not a POS, it is just not for you. My Apple store always accepted me the same day as I had the problem, so I don't know what you are talking about.

You are using a Tour. The BB OS has been the same since 2.x and they STILL haven't fixed certain things, let alone change anything.

If the iPhone was such crap it would not be the best selling device of all time, and would not be the #1 consumer device for I believe 2 years in a row now.
    01-21-10 07:13 PM
    01-21-10 09:35 PM
    The argument that Apple won't invest in CDMA is erroneous. Remember this isn't only about Verizon's 80 million but also Sprint's 50 million= 130 million CDMA customers.

This is almost half of the entire US population.

It's not a matter of if but a matter of when.
    01-21-10 10:04 PM
    50 million? What fantasy do you live in? Last time I checked they had about 29 million on contract CDMA customers, the rest are IDEN and prepay (Boost) and they dont sell iphones on any prepay.

EVEN IF they sell iphones to 10% of the customers on the carrier, thats under 3 million iphones total- what ATT sold in a week.

What else does Sprint have to offer Apple? They certainly have no money to put out there after WIMAX and the Palm exclusivity when bleeding customers. They certainly cant offer the same cut of their plans to Apple which ATT gives them. What do you honestly think the profit margin is already on a $59 plan with 500 min, unlim texts, data, tv, gps, etc is? Certainly MUCH lower than what VZW/ATT can offer at a min $90 for the same.

Sprint is also using a niche 4G technology in the US when all of the other carriers are going LTE this/next year. Why make a phone to sell to the 250,000 people who actually use WIMAX?

You can keep thinking what is erroneous, but your one-track thinking is the only thing that is erroneous because its ultimately THEIR decision what to invest in. If what you said was true then VZW and Sprint would share the same phone lineup, but thats not reality. Certain manufactures want to deal with certain carriers and form partnerships. Just because theyre both CDMA means nothing in the scheme of it all

Either way making an EVDO-only iphone makes no sense at this point. They mine as well wait for LTE and a 2011 launch because people wont be happy having a 3 month old iphone thats is EVDO-only when LTE rolls out later this year.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-21-10 at 11:02 PM.
    01-21-10 10:49 PM
    You do know about 100 "analyst" said the same thing last year. I could care less if it does come but Apple themselves have continually said that cdma is inferior so I would be somewhat surprised if they do come out with an only cdma iPhone.
    01-21-10 11:14 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD