Has anyone heard of being able to use the 3G iphone on Verizon? I called iphone tech support about an unrelated issue and after talking the rep said there is ways to switch carriers. I am just curious if he was just telling me that or if there is any truth to it. I have AT&T and I also have Verizon.
    04-02-09 03:42 PM
    GSM = Iphone

CDMA = Blackberry

Two separate networks.

Iphone does not work on CDMA
    04-02-09 03:45 PM
    GSM = Iphone

CDMA = Blackberry

Two separate networks.

Iphone does not work on CDMA
    Thanks! I figured it wouldn't but I just wanted to make sure before I got rid of it. He must have been talking about T-Moble
    04-02-09 03:55 PM
    Yeah

There are only a few phones that work on both.

But they're usually, CDMA with a GSM SIM Card Slot.
    04-02-09 04:49 PM
    someone make it work!!!!!!
    04-05-09 04:19 PM
    A Verizon rep told you that you could use the iPhone on their CDMA network? Doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, the nature of the beast of call centers; you just simply can not keep good help. The turnover rate is so high, it is always highly likely you are talking to someone new. I don't know how many times I've had to walk reps through fixing my issue over the phone.
    04-06-09 10:39 AM
    its kinda funny, apple actually offered the iphone to verizon first, but they didn't take the deal, i heard it had something to do with the restrictions of the app store and so forth, but yeah definitely different technologies between verizon and att.
    04-09-09 11:36 PM
    I think verizon didn't want apple to control them like verizon control thier customers
    04-10-09 01:43 PM
    Apple went to VZ, Apple said "Verizon, we want to control the selling, the marketing, the pricing, the data plan pricing, the warranty, and sales. We want all iPhones sold only at Apple stores"

Verizon said no.

Apple went to ATT, ATT said yes.(with a few changes made to Apple's demands), a few years later, here we are.
    04-10-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD