Toysoft Profiler lets you automate profile switching. You can schedule up to 16 schedules with a start and end datetime. Each schedule can be setup to activate for each day of the week.

Notes
    ------

- Toysoft Profiler was initially designed for PictureID to manage custom ringtones.

- Key injection permission must be enabled in the Options->Advanced->Application app

- When scheduling the datetime DO NOT have the same datetime as other scheduled profile. If you need to just add one minute to the datetime.

- Profiler will not work if the keyboard is locked. You need to disable keyboard locking.

- Profiler will not work in Holster mode

Current version 1.5 updated Jan 14, 2009

Website ProfilerPro
    Last edited by Smiley88; 01-31-11 at 04:06 PM.
    08-26-08 11:39 AM
    i'll give it a shot.
    08-26-08 11:47 AM
    so far so good, I don't see that I can use my custom profiles in the scheduler. Is this not possible or am I overlooking something?
    08-26-08 01:03 PM
    Rewrote the GUI and easier to use now.

- The first Profile icon is the start eg: Vibrate at home
    - The second profile icon is the end eg: Phone only
    - RED checkmark means the profile is active
    - Days showing in purple are active days
    - Added custom profiles to the default choices. If you have custom Profiles assigned in the Profile app then you can select upto 5 custom profiles

here is the OTA http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad
    08-28-08 11:00 AM
    cool thanks, I'll play with it later and report back.
    08-28-08 11:06 AM
    Here is the latest v0.85

OTA http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad

changes
    --------

- added new menu item Edit Custom Names. This will let you edit the custom profile names. You should make them the same as the ones you have created in the Profile app. The custom profile names will show up when you add or edit a profile in the Profile popup.

- added two new checkboxes in new/edit Profile screen. The are Vibrate when in Holster and Vibrate when keyboard locked. When they are checked Profiler will vibrate when the Profile is triggered so that you can take it out of the Holster or unlock it to active the profile.
    08-30-08 11:30 AM
    I'll check this out too!
    08-30-08 05:59 PM
    is this the same program that you're working on integrating GPS to recognize an area and switch profiles for you or am I confusing it with something else?
    08-30-08 06:25 PM
    is this the same program that you're working on integrating GPS to recognize an area and switch profiles for you or am I confusing it with something else?
    I think you are confused. we are looking into the GPS stuff but not in this version.
    08-30-08 10:37 PM
    Any way I can get a link to install this via usb?
    09-10-08 01:54 PM
    Any way I can get a link to install this via usb?
    latest public release v1.0 is on our site Toysoft Development Inc., call notes, Ring tones, profile, profiles, koolsounds, blackberry, Treo, picture id, AES
    09-10-08 05:17 PM
    I have a couple of questions.

1. If the keyboard is locked or the BB is in it's holster during the scheduled profile switch, then my BB will vibrate (if set to do so). The profile will not switch however. Upon unlocking the keyboard or removing the BB from the holster, will the profile switch automatically or must I manually change it at that point?

2. Upon purchasing the product, do I get free upgrades when they become available?
    09-13-08 12:20 AM
    I have a couple of questions.

1. If the keyboard is locked or the BB is in it's holster during the scheduled profile switch, then my BB will vibrate (if set to do so). The profile will not switch however. Upon unlocking the keyboard or removing the BB from the holster, will the profile switch automatically or must I manually change it at that point?

2. Upon purchasing the product, do I get free upgrades when they become available?
    #1. for both cases when you take the BB out of the Holster or unlock Profiler will automatically change the Profile and you dont have need to manually change it.

#2 Yes. Free updates. You can download it from our site directly when it is available.
    09-13-08 01:55 AM
    #1. for both cases when you take the BB out of the Holster or unlock Profiler will automatically change the Profile and you dont have need to manually change it.

#2 Yes. Free updates. You can download it from our site directly when it is available.
    Thanks for the prompt response. I truly appreciate it.

One more question though. Do all permissions have to be set to allow or are there some key ones like "keystroke injection" that need to be changed only? Thanks again.
    09-13-08 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the prompt response. I truly appreciate it.

One more question though. Do all permissions have to be set to allow or are there some key ones like "keystroke injection" that need to be changed only? Thanks again.
    on my setup i have to all to set to ALLOW but i believe just the key injection and UserData are required.
    09-14-08 10:23 AM
    Profiler 1.1 has been released

Changes
    ----------

- modified GUI design
    - rewrote the schedule core
    - removed the date from the schedule. You only need the Hours and Minutes
    - added calendar support. You can select New Profile from the menu when you add a new calendar appointment
    - added view and clear temp profiles
    - more robust

For more info or download the trial version or buy click Profiler 1.1
    Last edited by Smiley88; 10-13-08 at 10:25 AM.
    09-15-08 11:30 AM
    I was about to give up on this program since I could not get version 1.0 to work on my BB. I tried the beta and all problems were resolved. I bought it immediately after. This is a great program.

By the way, do you think you could add more functionality to it; for example, turning on the bluetooth and wi-fi for a designated time? Just a thought. Either way, still think this is one of the best apps for the BB.
    09-19-08 10:37 AM
    I was about to give up on this program since I could not get version 1.0 to work on my BB. I tried the beta and all problems were resolved. I bought it immediately after. This is a great program.

By the way, do you think you could add more functionality to it; for example, turning on the bluetooth and wi-fi for a designated time? Just a thought. Either way, still think this is one of the best apps for the BB.
    I have tried but there isnt any open API to turn on/off Bluetooth. But will keep trying.
    09-19-08 11:17 AM
    Good Evening,

I am in search of a profile switcher that will automatically switch my active profile at various times in the day. I do not want to be tied to typing in my password for the profile to switch. I just want it to switch automatically at the desired time no matter where my BB is. Can this program accomplish that?

Thanks Ryan
    10-05-08 09:20 PM
    Have been looking for this very thing, going to give it a shot.

I have a technical question.
    How do the overnight hours work?
    For example:
    Sun-Thurs Night - Go in to Phone Only mode at 1030pm but switch to Vibrate at 5am Monday-Friday mornings (the "next" day, respectively)

Is the days active check-boxes only for the "start" time?
    In other words, in the example above would I only need to tic the boxes for Sun thru Thursday and the program would still switch to the vibrate mode on Friday morning even tho Friday isn't tic'd?
    10-05-08 10:39 PM
    Have been looking for this very thing, going to give it a shot.

I have a technical question.
    How do the overnight hours work?
    For example:
    Sun-Thurs Night - Go in to Phone Only mode at 1030pm but switch to Vibrate at 5am Monday-Friday mornings (the "next" day, respectively)

Is the days active check-boxes only for the "start" time?
    In other words, in the example above would I only need to tic the boxes for Sun thru Thursday and the program would still switch to the vibrate mode on Friday morning even tho Friday isn't tic'd?
    yes you can set the profile for anytime during the day. the profile will repeat the days that you have checked. eg: every m-f

the start and end time are part of the Profile. if the time falls on Friday morning you still need to check Friday.
    10-06-08 10:48 AM
    Good Evening,

I am in search of a profile switcher that will automatically switch my active profile at various times in the day. I do not want to be tied to typing in my password for the profile to switch. I just want it to switch automatically at the desired time no matter where my BB is. Can this program accomplish that?

Thanks Ryan
    if you lock your BB then Profiler will not switch until you unlock it. This is not the fault of Profiler but RIM security restriction. Developers can not automatically auto the device.
    10-06-08 10:50 AM
    yes you can set the profile for anytime during the day. the profile will repeat the days that you have checked. eg: every m-f

the start and end time are part of the Profile. if the time falls on Friday morning you still need to check Friday.
    But in this case I wouldn't want the phone to go in to phone only at 1030pm on Fri night.

Would I need to set up a different profile just to handle Fri. night?

Also, this occurred this morning. I had the profile set to change at 8am and just happened to be on the phone checking my VM and the profile didn't change; so I had to manually adjust it. Is there a way to set/program the profile to check later (say 5 mins) if the phone/keyboard is being used at the exact time the profile is trying to update...I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 11:03 AM
    Day 2 (Monday). Profiler is set to go in to Phone Only mode at 1030pm and back to Vibrate at 455am.

At 1030pm phone went in to "Loud" profile - not sure why.

Settings have not changed from yesterday when it worked the 1st time:
    Phone was not in holster at the time of the switch (10:30pm)

Last edited by asnyder; 10-06-08 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added
    10-06-08 09:41 PM
    Day 2 (Monday). Profiler is set to go in to Phone Only mode at 1030pm and back to Vibrate at 455am.

At 1030pm phone went in to "Loud" profile - not sure why.

Settings have not changed from yesterday when it worked the 1st time:
    Phone was not in holster at the time of the switch (10:30pm)
    /k305/ajsnyder71/bbscreen.png[/IMG]
    are you using the latest version? it should be 1.1
    10-07-08 11:32 AM
678 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD