I noticed this is running all the time and can't get rid of it. I don't use voicemail, I have all calls forwarded to a transcription service that sends me an email of what the person said.

How can I uninstall visual voicemail on 5.0?
    10-08-09 08:21 AM
    I wold like to know also!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 09:27 AM
    i dont think you can. you can hide it
    10-08-09 10:06 AM
    There is a way, they where talking about it in another post but I don't know how. Hopefully someone will know
    10-08-09 10:09 AM
    I know I can hide the icon, but it still comes up in the task switcher.

Also, at 750kb+, and running all the time, it's taking up unnecessary memory.
    10-08-09 10:25 AM
    If you guys are comfortable with deleting files from the installed OS on your PC, then removing VVM is a relatively easy task...
    if you're not, then look away now

Remove all the net_rim_bb_vvm cod files from the Java folder:-

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/.238 Folder/Java

Save these files to a new folder, just in case it all goes pear-shaped and you need them again.

Back up your device data and 3rd party apps, repeat the update process as normal, then restore your bits when it's done...
    no more VVM
    10-08-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks will try that.

10-08-09 12:41 PM
    I deleted one by one using BBSAK.
    10-08-09 12:52 PM
    When I back up and do this will I have to reset all my settings or will the backup save all that?

10-08-09 12:56 PM
    This looks like the solution I'm looking for, BUT ...

I don't have a "Shared" folder within my

--------------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ ---------------

directory.

I am interested (to re-cap) in figuring out how to get rid of Visual Voice Mail, which came mandatorily bundled with the latest software update for the BB. I'm very very very annoyed that it (a) interferes with normal Voice Mail, (b) was never requested by me, and (c) doesn't allow itself to be removed by normal means (such as a simple menu-click and then hitting "delete" dangit!).

Perhaps I need to "put" my BB's software onto my regular computer's hard drive first, then edit it, then re-install it back onto the BB? Or something similar. How would I do that?

I am running a BB Bold (9000) with 4.6.0.297 and have AT&T wireless service.

(posted similar query at http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/rem...e-mail-313784/
    Last edited by cliftonprince; 10-18-09 at 03:33 PM.
    10-18-09 03:21 PM
    I deleted one by one using BBSAK.
    This is what I did too
    10-18-09 04:27 PM
    This is what I did too
    Can some one elaborate on how to use BBSAK to remove VVM?

Thanks
    10-28-09 05:47 AM
    Another option is to find the net_rim_bb_vvm.alx file in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/Whateveryourversionis/ and open it up in notepad. Search for "required" and change that item from "true" to "false". Now VVM is able to be installed/uninstalled at whim through DM or loader.exe.
    nw53 likes this.
    10-28-09 08:14 AM
    Another option is to find the net_rim_bb_vvm.alx file in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/Whateveryourversionis/ and open it up in notepad. Search for "required" and change that item from "true" to "false". Now VVM is able to be installed/uninstalled at whim through DM or loader.exe.
    thats probably the best bet for someone who may want it in the future. i just deleted it via BBSAK.
    10-28-09 09:55 AM
    I have a Bold 9700 and I deleted it via deleting all of the vvm cod files with BBSAK. But now every time I run the Desktop Manager program it prompts me for an update to the Visual Voicemail program. I of course hit cancel. But every time I install or uninstall something with the app loader, it reinstalls the Visual Voicemail.

I can't find any files on my PC pertaining to this program to delete. I don't have a C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared folder where these file are supposed to be located. I did a search for "net_rim_bb_vvm" on my PC and found nothing. Any suggestions?
    12-05-09 09:16 PM
    You have to edit the BlackBerry.alx file to comment out the visual voice mail cod and update the OS which will remove visual voice mail or do as the poster above mentioned and make it optional by changing the required flag. Then you can tell DM to load it or unload as mentioned above.

I have a Bold 9700 and I deleted it via deleting all of the vvm cod files with BBSAK. But now every time I run the Desktop Manager program it prompts me for an update to the Visual Voicemail program. I of course hit cancel. But every time I install or uninstall something with the app loader, it reinstalls the Visual Voicemail.

I can't find any files on my PC pertaining to this program to delete. I don't have a C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared folder where these file are supposed to be located. I did a search for "net_rim_bb_vvm" on my PC and found nothing. Any suggestions?
    12-06-09 01:46 PM
    I'm using Desktop Manager Version 5.0.1, and it won't let me remove VVM...What are my other options?
    07-10-10 11:34 AM
    I've seen several threads on this and tried all suggestions. BBSAK to delete CODs but when BB Desktop comes up it says it's required and reloads it.

Also looked for the file under java on my PC, but found nothing.

It's making me CRAZY! I don't need a media file to tell me I have a voicemail. I'm running OS6 on BB Style 9670. Please help BB friends! Thanks
    08-03-11 04:04 PM
    I would also like to delete or disable VVM. A client stood me up for a meeting, and I didn't get her voicemails until 24 hours later. VERY annoying.

BBSAK feels too risky to me. For some it seems to work; others report mucho trouble afterward.

I do not have this file "net_rim_bb_vvm" anywhere on my computer. I like the idea of simply editing the code... so how to I get this on my computer. It's definitely on my phone.

I'm on Style 9670 (Sprint) 6.0.0 bundle 2426. Otherwise, I LOVE this phone.
    08-14-11 11:48 AM
    Damn how this thread haz 19 replies and haz no real answer?

To see your "shared" folder 1st of all you must install OS to your PC. If you dont wanna update your phones OS just install the one on your phone. If you have 261 loaded so download 261 and install to your PC. If you want to update also download latest leaked or official OS. (removing cods w/ bbsak will ask you to load it back If your phone vendor supports vvm)

After you download and load OS to your PC download and open BBHTools When you open "Shrink OS" menu you'll see "visual voice mail" in list check the box you can also shrink other unwanted things on list to gain space.

After you select all options push "Shrink my os" button and than push "Launch Loader" button when you phone connected to your PC. If you load same os on your phone to your PC that will only remove shrinked apps from your phone If you load greater version of OS you'll update your phone w/ out the apps you select to shrink...

Thats all enjoy...
    08-14-11 02:24 PM
    Rroyy, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I didn't understand much of it.
    Damn how this thread haz 19 replies and haz no real answer?

To see your "shared" folder 1st of all you must install OS to your PC.
    How do I install the operating system on my computer?

If you dont wanna update your phones OS just install the one on your phone.
    Do you mean somehow copy the operating system FROM my phone TO my computer? If so, how do I do this?

If you have 261 loaded so download 261 and install to your PC.
    What do you mean by "261"? That's not the operating system version, is it? My understanding is that the operating system version is 6.0.0 bundle 2426.

If you want to update also download latest leaked or official OS. (removing cods w/ bbsak will ask you to load it back If your phone vendor supports vvm)
    I don't plan on using BBSAK, so maybe this point is moot?

After you download and load OS to your PC download and open BBHTools When you open "Shrink OS" menu you'll see "visual voice mail" in list check the box you can also shrink other unwanted things on list to gain space.

After you select all options push "Shrink my os" button and than push "Launch Loader" button when you phone connected to your PC. If you load same os on your phone to your PC that will only remove shrinked apps from your phone If you load greater version of OS you'll update your phone w/ out the apps you select to shrink...

Thats all enjoy...
    This part is really confusing. So you're saying that "shrinking" the vvm app will remove it from my phone when I synchronize?

The method that was mentioned earlier in this thread, namely, to locate the vvm code and toggle it to a disabled position sounded more sensible. I would try what yo suggest if I understood it. However, if I load the OS on my computer, maybe I'll be able to find the folder that has vvm in it and change the code?

Which brings me back to my original question: how do I load the OS on my computer?

Thanks. Hate to sound dense... <shrug> but can't help it.
    08-14-11 02:41 PM
    I have searched the entire RIM file on my PC for a file containing vvm. Nothing. There's got to be a way! Running OS6 on BB Style. Anyone?
    08-17-11 08:13 PM
    BBlu, It's not that hard. I just did it. I uninstall blackberry messager and VVM. Do as Marc_G says! I did.

Thanks Marc_G, I been wanting to uninstall BM and VVM for a long time. I also know I have to edit the files for each new os update I install.
    08-17-11 11:12 PM
    I swear I am not a complete *****. I located the version file from Mark's post on my PC, but there is no vvm to be found. WHAT am I doing wrong? Is it because I deleted the cod files w/BBSAK? I'd love to also uninstall BBM. Please help!
    08-18-11 08:41 PM
    It's net_rim_bb_vvm.alx if I remember right.
    08-18-11 08:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD