sorry guys, but its gotta go, i cant compete with irtehun by myself, and TVi will have a storm 2 soon, so ya, not worth it, so people that were backin me up, thanks, but no more hybrids from me (well, ones that im going to release to people) sorry in the meantime, down load irtehun hybrid, right here thanks again people
    Last edited by rbracht; 11-16-09 at 06:39 PM.
    11-08-09 12:46 PM
    also, i would like to add that this hybrid was built from irtehun v7.8 and then i just added the 344 files onto that, so thats why i dont have a install file, just the full java folder,
    11-08-09 01:11 PM
    Boooooo. took my idea!! lol. Ill load it and see how it goes..
    11-08-09 01:12 PM
    lol, ya, i just cant seem to get the 344 browser to load, but other then that, its good, i will just wait for the expert to do that (irtehun)
    11-08-09 01:13 PM
    What browser are you using then? Also, what are all the OS files you have on there....how long have you been running this...etc.
    11-08-09 01:15 PM
    the browser is the one used in irethun's v7.8 along with most of the OS files, but there are a good number of 344 files on it, i have been using it for 2 days now and everything seems to be going great, battery life seems better as well.
    11-08-09 01:17 PM
    so its the .238 browser then...hmm....what happens when the 344 browser gets introduced?
    11-08-09 01:19 PM
    well, i havent tried too much with that, but when i put all the browser files in the mix, the phone decided it would rather be a brick, lol
    11-08-09 01:20 PM
    ahh gotcha...hmm...have you tried seeing what the .273 files would do?
    11-08-09 01:21 PM
    i really wish i could figure out how to get animated images working with the browser for like radar maps and what not. and also, if i could get the PRL to save like 273 did, then we would be good!
    11-08-09 01:21 PM
    same thing happened when i loaded all the 273 files. maybe you have a better idea? i just need to know what files to load and what not to load. i think in the past 3-4 days, i had to reload os like a good 20 times, no joke either, my phone hates me!
    11-08-09 01:22 PM
    LoL. I know the feeling...let me mess around with it for a little bit and Ill see if I can get some .273 browser files in there...we should prob continue this via PM or something..lol
    11-08-09 01:23 PM
    alright, sounds good,
    11-08-09 01:24 PM
    I'm downloading just to see what the theme looks like
    11-08-09 01:49 PM
    Did you ask irtehun's permission before you tweaked one of his hybrids? If yes, then nevermind this post. If no, then you really should ask first. Common courtesy.
    11-08-09 02:10 PM
    no, i didnt, but i dont see what the big deal is really? its all put together differently
    11-08-09 02:12 PM
    no, i didnt, but i dont see what the big deal is really? its all put together differently
    Like I said.....common courtesy. If you took something of mine and built upon it, then called it your own, I would be a little irritated.

Not a big deal. Just courtesy.
    11-08-09 02:21 PM
    You mean like irtehun asked RIM before editing their work?

Not that I disagree with your post, I just think it's a little inconsistent to argue your point. I'm not really sure what I think the real answer is, I'm just pointing out flaws.

Yeah. That's how I roll. Complain and don't offer solutions. You heard it. ;-)

-Stephen
    11-08-09 02:51 PM
    dont worry, i got rid of it because of everyone getting all worked up over it, and yes, you should have RIMs permission. before distributing anyways
    11-08-09 02:56 PM
    You mean like irtehun asked RIM before editing their work?

Not that I disagree with your post, I just think it's a little inconsistent to argue your point. I'm not really sure what I think the real answer is, I'm just pointing out flaws.

Yeah. That's how I roll. Complain and don't offer solutions. You heard it. ;-)

-Stephen
    That's a little different. RIM is a huge corporation that makes a ton of money with a crapload of device software developers who constantly releases what they think is best for our devices instead of what we think is best for our devices.

irtehun is one man performing a public service for us Blackberry users. Sure he uses RIM software as a base, but where else are you going to get Blackberry OS java files?

I'm sure irtehun would've asked RIM if he could borrow those java files, but there's a 150% chance that RIM would say "NO!" I'm sure if you ask irtehun to borrow his work and show a little courtesy, he'd say "H3llz yeah brotha!".
    11-08-09 03:09 PM
    dont worry, i got rid of it because of everyone getting all worked up over it, and yes, you should have RIMs permission. before distributing anyways
    None of us have RIM's permission to load beta software either, but that doesn't stop any of us. It's not a big deal and I don't think you should get rid of your build...just ask before you drink from someone else's kool aid.
    11-08-09 03:13 PM
    I'm willing to bet ya money he would say no.. Anyways, I will continue making my own hybrids, just won't release them to the public. But honestly, I'm willing to bet that 5.0v7.9 will be way better then my hybrids anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:15 PM
    I'm willing to beat, hehe, :P

11-08-09 03:15 PM
    I'm willing to bet ya money he would say no.. Anyways, I will continue making my own hybrids, just won't release them to the public. But honestly, I'm willing to bet that 5.0v7.9 will be way better then my hybrids anyways
    That's what I do. I don't release any of my builds to the public simply because I dont want any fingers pointed at me if some noob doesn't know what their doing and bricks their device. Lol I build mine from scratch though. I make my own Java combination, then swap java folders with RIM supplied base. That way I don't step on anyone's toes.
    11-08-09 03:26 PM
    Ya, lol, I hear ya, ok, well, thanks for pretending to be one of the people that gets pissed off, someone kill this thread, thank ya

11-08-09 03:28 PM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD