is there any way to increase the font size on mobi sites like cb forums. The size option doesnt seem to effect mobi sites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 02:48 AM
    You have to press menu key, go to zoom and you get the page bigger as you want.

I try this on ebay and facebook mobile sites

11-05-10 04:02 AM
    Hi thanks for the reply. I use the zoom function but then you need to constantly scroll right and left to read a post... Is there no way to just increase the font size and keep the page width the same? However this seems to be a server setting kinda as well because the forums on BerryReview | BlackBerry News & Reviews You Can Use display correctly in mobile site view...

11-05-10 04:24 AM
    In Options you can change the default font size. I set mine to one up from default. Now when I click to zoom in and enlarge text on a web page enough that my old eyes can actually read the words!

IIRC sites optimised for devices (eg, http://m.whatever.com) don't let you click and zoom in. My experience is that some mobile sites do and some don't.

Nonetheless I'm loving the new webkit browser in OS6.

-- Robert.
    11-05-10 05:05 AM
    well it works great for all the sites i visit except crackberry...

11-05-10 05:42 AM
    I went back to 5.0 mainly for this reason. I use the browser and mobile sites a lot, and it was simply more trouble than it was worth to constantly have to screw around just to make it readable. Mobile sites were designed specifically to be viewable on small screens, and for some reason the new browser is terrible for them. (BTW, I'm over 40, so younger people may not understand why tiny fonts are a problem, but they will!)
    11-05-10 09:18 AM
    I went back to OS5 for the same reason. I don't want to keep zooming in and out to view a mobile site. It's a mobile site for a reason.

Increasing the font size only made the problem worse in that text was being pushed off the screen forcing me to scroll left and right.
    11-05-10 01:48 PM
    Yeah I reverted back to OS 5 as well. Installed the official .979 from AT&T and all is back to normal. My old apps are working like they should, no memory leaks and battery is still above 80% after heavy use. Most important is I can view mobile sites again in mobile view...

11-06-10 06:20 AM
    Yeah I reverted back to OS 5 as well. Installed the official .979 from AT&T and all is back to normal. My old apps are working like they should, no memory leaks and battery is still above 80% after heavy use. Most important is I can view mobile sites again in mobile view...

can you please tell me how to go back to 5 os again please l'm new here
    11-07-10 04:30 AM
    So where does the problem come from? The answers are not a good solution. I can't read several sites like this. Zooming in and out is lame. I have use my DrOId to see and read better. Something changed in the upgrade fer sure. Just venting, no spam please.

Aloha
    Wayne N. Davis (waydavis) on Twitter

03-06-11 03:57 PM
    So where does the problem come from? The answers are not a good solution. I can't read several sites like this. Zooming in and out is lame.
    Supposedly the most recent 9780 OS (480), brought back the option for Column View. So it would appear that RIM is reacting to complaints about this issue.
    There are numerous OS's for various BBs out there being tested right now, so hopefully we'll some new leaks soon that include a remedy for you non-touchscreen users.
    03-08-11 04:07 PM
    I went back to OS5 for the same reason. I don't want to keep zooming in and out to view a mobile site. It's a mobile site for a reason.

Increasing the font size only made the problem worse in that text was being pushed off the screen forcing me to scroll left and right.
    In Options you can change the default font size. I set mine to one up from default. Now when I click to zoom in and enlarge text on a web page enough that my old eyes can actually read the words!
    With the cursor hovered over a section of text, try double-clicking the trackpad. If this does work for you, please note that sometimes you have to double-click more than to get to the desired view where the text is wrapped to screen width. (Ie a column!)

If there's an image or a banner within the text area, double-clicking that should make the text the same width as that image.

I'd love to hear feedback on who's successful with which devices and OS's.

IIRC sites optimised for devices (eg, http://m.whatever.com) don't let you click and zoom in. My experience is that some mobile sites do and some don't.
    This is my experience. Almost all mobile sites cannot be zoomed, at least not for me! Ironically I enjoy visiting mobile sites the least with webkit.

Within a month of getting my Torch, I started using the full site from my device for CB and any other site where it's an option.
    03-08-11 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD