Leaked OS 6.0.0.526 for the BlackBerry Curve 9300 Fixes and Findings

Download Here:
    FileServe

*Disclaimer - Install at your own risk and always back up your data before loading! This is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by Research In Motion or your Wireless Carrier. BBH-Plus.net is not responsible for any loss of data or any other issues that may arise during the loading process.

Thanks BBH-Plus Forums & ALKi3

Become BBH+ VIP Today!
    Last edited by rroyy; 04-17-11 at 01:37 PM.
    mnemon likes this.
    04-04-11 06:38 AM
    Enjoy 9300 users! Glad to see you guys are getting some leaked OS love too!

Here's my short-version OS install guide before the questions come...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    SaabScott likes this.
    04-04-11 06:55 AM
    Downloading Now ... Thanks for your effort rroyy & Alki3
    rroyy likes this.
    04-04-11 06:56 AM
    This has been an issue in multiple OS's across multiple devices.

With some OS's for some apps, selecting Paste from the MENU won't work. So here's your workaround alternatives.

When you're at the spot where you wish to Paste the keycode you've Copied:
    1. Hold down the Trackpad to open the Context Menu, select Paste; or
    2. (Touchscreen only) Hold down your finger to open the Context Menu, select Paste; or
    3. Click either SHIFT key then the Trackpad. This should simply Paste the item; however it was broken in 486 and either didn't work or opened the Context Menu so you can still Paste.
    Ganayni94 likes this.
    04-04-11 07:06 AM
    Installing now .. Few Hours or at most a day and I'll say what I've noticed
    04-04-11 09:34 AM
    Wow that a first leak which kept my UMA settings on unbranded phone, handy !!!
    04-04-11 10:11 AM
    Wow that a first leak which kept my UMA settings on unbranded phone, handy !!!
    Glad you're happy with the release.

Cheers

ALKi3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rroyy likes this.
    04-04-11 11:45 AM
    Here's a torrent if you don't want to mess around with the other sites.
    04-04-11 12:14 PM
    faster download - Update Your Blackberry.com - Download OS 6.0.0.526 9300
    04-04-11 02:09 PM
    So far so good for me! Problems with the blackberry beta zone website, but that's just the website being awful (As I have had the same problems with .448)!

Booting faster.

BBM 5.0.3 beta works
    FB V2 beta works
    Bebuzz works
    Socialscope works

No idea about battery yet!

Thanks a lot
    04-04-11 02:29 PM
    Thanks! I just downloaded, hopefully the battery life is better than .499!
    04-04-11 03:37 PM
    I've just installed it this evening .. Im having no issues except the alarm doesn't display completely from the Top Menu(Same issue in .499){Sometimes it appears completely} .. But I Noticed some NOTICEABLE Improvements :
    1- Improved Performance than earlier versions.
    2- Faster Browser.
    3- Newer Twitter version 1.0.1.15
    4- Faster Wi-Fi Connection (It responds faster)

N.B. : About Battery Life , We need 2 or 3 days so that the OS Settles down . I'll inform you when I Know how the battery is reacting
    Last edited by Ganayni94; 04-04-11 at 04:01 PM.
    04-04-11 03:51 PM
    I was getting 13-15hours out of .461 (heavy usage, lots of net over 3G, MSN, and Socialscope pulling FB), and I couldn't get .499 to install on my computer to try it.

I will post back in a few days
    Ganayni94 likes this.
    04-04-11 04:02 PM
    Downloading and will install shortly.
    Was switching for some time between .461 and .499 leak. There was some bugs on .499 but in overall it worked better for me, with better battery life.
    If notice something with this leak will report here in a day or two
    Ganayni94 likes this.
    04-04-11 06:30 PM
    Battery Life : It seems in the 1st day(today) to be great and a solid one .. but I'll leave for one or 2 other days to let the OS Settles Down
    I'll Be back in a day or two at most
    04-05-11 05:22 AM
    How are the memory leaks looking so far?
    04-05-11 11:17 AM
    No memory leaks like .499 ! This version is much stable

04-05-11 12:38 PM
    How do you check for them?

Battery seems to be ok so far
    04-05-11 12:40 PM
    I am currently running v6.0.0.344.

Just wondering what steps would be involved to upgrade to this version.
    Is it just running the application or does it involve backing up everything and following the instructions above?
    04-05-11 03:06 PM
    I am currently running v6.0.0.344.

Just wondering what steps would be involved to upgrade to this version.
    Is it just running the application or does it involve backing up everything and following the instructions above?
    Just backup and follow the instructions to make sure that yu won't lose ur settings,contacts..etc
    That's my opinion

04-05-11 03:28 PM
    Just backup and follow the instructions to make sure that yu won't lose ur settings,contacts..etc
    That's my opinion

I had been hoping for a more definative answer, but thank you.

Does anyone know?
    Has anyone done multiple upgrades?

I'd rather not be doing something I don't have to.
    04-05-11 03:41 PM
    Trying now. I will let you know if it works.

Just did it. Wow. Its a new phone altogether!

So how did you do it?
    Just run the new OS?
    04-05-11 05:43 PM
    I had been hoping for a more definative answer, but thank you.

Does anyone know?
    Has anyone done multiple upgrades?

I'd rather not be doing something I don't have to.
    This has been posted many times - in fact, right at the start of this thread My own method is to do a full backup in Desktop Manager - then install the leak onto your computer, delete the Vendor.xml file and then run AppLoader - select the restore option so that everything is upgraded and your apps/settings are also restored. I also use BB OS Shrinker but I think that's a bit advanced for you at the moment.

This process takes about 15 minutes - everything springs to life and apart from a few apps giving you the "terms...accept" message you shouldn't have any trouble. A battery pull at the end of it all is advised.

Have had r526 running for about 8hrs - no major problems, memory at 88.1MB.
    SaabScott and Ganayni94 like this.
    04-05-11 05:43 PM
    This has been posted many times - in fact, right at the start of this thread My own method is to do a full backup in Desktop Manager - then install the leak onto your computer, delete the Vendor.xml file and then run AppLoader - select the restore option so that everything is upgraded and your apps/settings are also restored. I also use BB OS Shrinker but I think that's a bit advanced for you at the moment.

This process takes about 15 minutes - everything springs to life and apart from a few apps giving you the "terms...accept" message you shouldn't have any trouble. A battery pull at the end of it all is advised.

Have had r526 running for about 8hrs - no major problems, memory at 88.1MB.
    Granted ... but the instructions have been the same since we started upgrading from 5.0.
    I was simply looking to see if that was needed.

Regardless, I am doing the upgrade now.
    It appears that the application is pretty intelligent, knowing what apps are installed, not allowing you to downgrade, doing a complete back up prior to upgrade ...
    All looks good.

Thank you for the help ... very much appreciated.
    04-05-11 06:38 PM
    This leak looks good based on first 15+ hours running. The issues with scrolling some settings, on .499, is gone. Not sure on memory leaks, bu looks like have much memory with same applications installed and running, compared to .499. For battery life bit early to say, looks like it is good - need to go through full day of heavy usage, hopefully today, to be able to report ...
    Ingeneral, for now, the leak souds very stable and I guess I am staying with it.

Ganayni94 likes this.
    04-05-11 08:37 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD