(2.) Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
    What's the beef with firefox/chrome?
    01-28-11 10:59 AM
    01-28-11 11:03 AM
    What's the beef with firefox/chrome?
    For a leak doesn't really matter. When downloading anything off official RIM site, some users experience errors if they use FF or Chrome. No idea why and no explanation ever given that I've seen.
    It's not everyone, but I figured better safe than sorry if I was putting a little guide together.
    01-28-11 11:06 AM
    So far:

* New Bookmark icons in browser
    * New charging lighting battery animation
    * Better auto-focus
    * No lag when sweeping pics
    * Fixed message cursor

So far so good.

anything else?
    Last edited by huecobros; 01-28-11 at 11:19 AM.
    mcdanielnc89 likes this.
    01-28-11 11:06 AM
    For a leak doesn't really matter. When downloading anything off official RIM site, some users experience errors if they use FF or Chrome. No idea why and no explanation ever given that I've seen.
    It's not everyone, but I figured better safe than sorry if I was putting a little guide together.
    hm. good point. as you were!
    01-28-11 11:07 AM
    Looking for any news on the SMS bug with this build, i.e. long conversations would open in the middle. Here's hoping it's fixed!
    mcdanielnc89 likes this.
    01-28-11 11:14 AM
    Does the 9800 448 leak suffer from the hidden cursor in BBM messages as well? I downgraded my 9780 to v294 due to that. can't live with that annoying bug
    Yes the cursor is now back on this version!! of BBM
    mcdanielnc89 likes this.
    Text messages finally appear at latest message!!
    mcdanielnc89 likes this.
    Does the 9800 448 leak suffer from the hidden cursor in BBM messages as well? I downgraded my 9780 to v294 due to that. can't live with that annoying bug
    Cursor now appears within a shaded window. Much easier to locate.
    01-28-11 11:17 AM
    Any word on the call volume issue/bug yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 11:24 AM
    Ya or run an app like BBSAK and remove SixTools. Im working on a fix, Im just trying to figure out what RIM screwed up so I can work around it.
    It's interesting ... my screen works just fine with sixtools installed. I'll pull it off anyway and wait for the upgrade, but I figured you'd want to know.

By the way -- fantastic software. I love the fact that I have a real battery meter and can use the volume keys as convenience keys. Excellent job!
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I will tell my friend who owns a 9800 about it
    Ya or run an app like BBSAK and remove SixTools. Im working on a fix, Im just trying to figure out what RIM screwed up so I can work around it.
    I was pretty much done loading this new OS when I saw your warning about Sixtools. Everything worked out fine until I tried an Orientation lock. Thats when the touch screen became unresponsive. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kccman; 01-28-11 at 11:28 AM.
    01-28-11 11:25 AM
    I never had any battery problems with 337. I am on day 2 without a charge now. Will be updating later today. Keep the comments coming

01-28-11 11:26 AM
    how to install it?
    01-28-11 11:29 AM
    how to install it?
    Backup your BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager first incase anything goes wrong.

First you must start by downloading OS 6.0.0.448 from the following link >>> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service OR zSHARE - 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1907_PL6.4.0.210_A6.0.0.448.exe

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
    In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file.

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will be introducted with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, andthe upgrade process shall begin.
    Your phone will automaticaly create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.
    01-28-11 11:34 AM
    well, just installed and everything booted up correctly. I will keep an eye on the battery to see if things get better.
    01-28-11 11:41 AM
    How about the volume when making a call? 9800 always been pretty low compared to my 9700
    Last edited by ruvcan; 01-28-11 at 11:48 AM.
    01-28-11 11:43 AM
    It's interesting ... my screen works just fine with sixtools installed. I'll pull it off anyway and wait for the upgrade, but I figured you'd want to know.

By the way -- fantastic software. I love the fact that I have a real battery meter and can use the volume keys as convenience keys. Excellent job!
    Dude you serious about the volume keys? I just updated to the BDHP v6, which is awesome BTW, but the I kind of don't like not having dual convenience keys, this would be great. And the battery meter as well seems awesome. I wonder if I can try to mod that? Thanks for the heads up.
    01-28-11 11:48 AM
    Just found something cool when copying and pasting there is a little icon beside them in the menu, thought that was pretty cool just pointing it out :P

01-28-11 11:50 AM
    I had problems with the install:

It hung up and had to do a battery pull after it said it was connecting after the original backup. Seemed to go relatively smoothly after that, but it hung again when it was initializing.

After that it never reinstalled any of my stuff. No big deal, I thought, but it turns out it never did the original backup! I ended up restoring from a 2 day old backup. Not a huge deal, but I did lose 2 days worth of activity.

I strongly recommend a full backup just before attempting the update, just in case.

Install issues aside, it seems to be running smoothly.
    01-28-11 11:50 AM
    Is the asian language version available?
    01-28-11 11:54 AM
    How about the volume when making a call? 9800 always been pretty low compared to my 9700
    I don't see any volume difference here. I never thought the volume was bad (in a quiet background), but it certainly never hurts to have more than you need.
    01-28-11 11:59 AM
    Nope. I have a cursor when scrolling up in a thread.
    01-28-11 12:00 PM
    I had problems with the install:

It hung up and had to do a battery pull after it said it was connecting after the original backup. Seemed to go relatively smoothly after that, but it hung again when it was initializing.

After that it never reinstalled any of my stuff. No big deal, I thought, but it turns out it never did the original backup! I ended up restoring from a 2 day old backup. Not a huge deal, but I did lose 2 days worth of activity.

I strongly recommend a full backup just before attempting the update, just in case.

Install issues aside, it seems to be running smoothly.
    i had the same problems with hanging during the initializations, but was able to get to work out.

this is the best leaked OS by far.

i am absolutely loving this.
    01-28-11 12:00 PM
387 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD