Is anyone using MeterBerry with this build. Aside from my contacts not restoring correctly I've also noticed that MeterBerry wouldn't read the free space on either the memory card or the internal memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Meter berry working fine for me.

12-31-10 01:39 PM
    Meter berry working fine for me.

Thanks,
    I was kind of hoping that was the problem
    I don't know what the issue is, I suppose I'll wait for the next leak, unless we get confirmation of Storm3 on its way!!
    Last edited by jelp2; 01-02-11 at 12:39 PM.
    12-31-10 06:51 PM
    It seems that some people have been receiving double and triple texts from me too.

01-01-11 08:19 AM
    What differences there are in this build from .973? I'm running that now, and if there are not any obvious differences I'm sitting this build out.

Thanks!
    01-01-11 10:18 PM
    Try going to the same folder where you found Loader.exe and scroll to the end of the list of files and delete the Vendor file. Then try installing using Loader.exe again.
    Thanks DJM1947, That did the trick! The install went easily. 15 MB of memory to start (I had about 7 before). I now have to test everything, but the load was painless.

Thanks again.
    nick13b likes this.
    01-02-11 11:43 AM
    WOW! this is the first good build since .419!!! This is much better than .871! I had the WORST memory leak with that build. I had to do a battery pull over 5 times a day and i was about to get a driod i was so fed up but I installed .1041 about 6 hours ago and my memory is holding perfect at 23-24 MB about ten MB more than I had with .871!! And the battery is a little better than I remember its holding strong at 71 percent after 6 hours of use! Im impressed RIM you saved me from buying a new phone!
    01-03-11 05:59 AM
    Since Hotfile seems to not have the OS posted anymore. Anyplace else I can get it ?
    01-03-11 11:01 AM
    Thanks DJM1947, That did the trick! The install went easily. 15 MB of memory to start (I had about 7 before). I now have to test everything, but the load was painless.

Thanks again.
    You are welcome.
    01-03-11 02:26 PM
    Since Hotfile seems to not have the OS posted anymore. Anyplace else I can get it ?
    Look at post #8 on the first page of this thread. It seems to still be active, although a bit slow.
    01-03-11 02:33 PM
    A very dumb question but I assume this is 5.0.0.TEN41? Not 5.0.0.one-zero41. In other words this would be an update from 5.0.0.797?
    01-05-11 03:31 AM
    Yes the last # is incremental. So that 1041 is a later release than 797. Of course I wouldn't go so far as to call it an upgrade. From .7xx up there has been little differences. Give it a try and see what you think.

BTW wouldn't "ten 41" be 10.41 and not .1041?

01-05-11 06:35 AM
    BTW wouldn't "ten 41" be 10.41 and not .1041?
    ha. Thats what I was thinking, so thats why I asked.

I lost my voice dialing, I think, with my last OS update, so I've been looking for an upgrade to see if I can get it back. I'll have to give this a try.
    01-05-11 01:26 PM
    I've been reading all the tutorials and I can't get it to work. I've downloaded it a few times on my comp and I just get two options- repair and remove. I hit repair and it acts like it's downloading on my comp but nothing happens on my phone. I'm not that great with this stuff, any help would be awesome.
    Last edited by AxelDaebs; 01-07-11 at 12:10 AM.
    01-06-11 11:16 PM
    I've been reading all the tutorials and I can't get it to work. I've downloaded it a few times on my comp and I just get two options- repair and remove. I hit repair and it acts like it's downloading on my comp but nothing happens on my phone. I'm not that great with this stuff, any help would be awesome.
    Can you provide more info on what you have done to try to load the OS to your phone. It does sound like the OS is installed on your computer.
    01-07-11 02:45 PM
    Can you provide more info on what you have done to try to load the OS to your phone. It does sound like the OS is installed on your computer.
    Yeah, I clicked on the link and downloaded it. Went to my downloads file and clicked on it; hit run, selected English, The Install shield Wizard pops up, I click next, and I get the choice of Repair or Remove, I click repair and next. Then it asks if I'm ready to begin Installation, I click Install- The status bar comes up and it starts looking like it's loading stuff but nothing is happening on my phone. It then says it's successfully loaded and click finish.

I tried that a few times, then read through a few tutorials but I was pretty pissed off...so I probably didn't read with the right mindset for problem solving. : p

Thanks for the reply man.
    01-07-11 10:52 PM
    hey folks

Just installed the OS, install process went smooth. The first issue (if u wanna call it that) is I also am getting the "Insert SIM Card" message showing... so i dont see it in all these message within this area. Help?
    01-08-11 05:09 PM
    I loaded this Thursday night and thought all was grand. About half way through the day on Friday, my device flashed one of the white-with-tiny-black-text error screens, and reset. After that I'd reboot with about 20 MB free space and be down to 4 MB within a couple hours of only very light use, and the battery went from fully charged to drained in 8 hours today without

Tonight I'm trying to downgrade, but for some reason, I keep getting COD and module errors; App loader says there's not enough free space, but I'm only trying to load 90MB total OS and all onto the device...

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to use BBSAK and start reloading COD's one by one...

...funny thing is - it read my SIM just fine!
    Last edited by willm; 01-09-11 at 01:10 AM.
    01-09-11 01:01 AM
    I loaded this Thursday night and thought all was grand. About half way through the day on Friday, my device flashed one of the white-with-tiny-black-text error screens, and reset. After that I'd reboot with about 20 MB free space and be down to 4 MB within a couple hours of only very light use, and the battery went from fully charged to drained in 8 hours today without

Tonight I'm trying to downgrade, but for some reason, I keep getting COD and module errors; App loader says there's not enough free space, but I'm only trying to load 90MB total OS and all onto the device...

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to use BBSAK and start reloading COD's one by one...

...funny thing is - it read my SIM just fine!
    did you wipe the device before loading...i know mine did that flashing white on .973....or whenever my gf had my phone lol
    01-09-11 05:01 AM
    Yeah, I clicked on the link and downloaded it. Went to my downloads file and clicked on it; hit run, selected English, The Install shield Wizard pops up, I click next, and I get the choice of Repair or Remove, I click repair and next. Then it asks if I'm ready to begin Installation, I click Install- The status bar comes up and it starts looking like it's loading stuff but nothing is happening on my phone. It then says it's successfully loaded and click finish.

I tried that a few times, then read through a few tutorials but I was pretty pissed off...so I probably didn't read with the right mindset for problem solving. : p

Thanks for the reply man.
    As DJM said, it is already installed on the computer. You'll need to find the loader file folder in ~research in motion\shared\loader files~ Be sure that's the only folder in there.
    Once there delete the vendor xml file and go to the apploader folder to run loader.exe

AxelDaebs likes this.
    01-09-11 11:10 PM
    Loaded it last night over .419. Seems ok so far for me.
    01-11-11 10:57 PM
    I loaded the update about 2 weeks ago. My memory leak is better. I noticed a wider glow around the key bring pressed on the virtual keyboard. I ran into an issue (& I honestly don't know if this has anything to do with the update) which is the following. I suddenly had many copies of one entry in my address book. I went to delete 1 of them and all my entries were deleted. NOt to worry I had backed up AND I sync with outlook. I was unable to restore from the backup or sync with outlook. THe desktop manager said the address book was not installed.
    Any ideas?
    01-14-11 09:59 AM
    I loaded the update about 2 weeks ago. My memory leak is better. I noticed a wider glow around the key bring pressed on the virtual keyboard. I ran into an issue (& I honestly don't know if this has anything to do with the update) which is the following. I suddenly had many copies of one entry in my address book. I went to delete 1 of them and all my entries were deleted. NOt to worry I had backed up AND I sync with outlook. I was unable to restore from the backup or sync with outlook. THe desktop manager said the address book was not installed.
    Any ideas?
    Yes... Utilize the search function in this thread. There have been several posts with the same question/solution

01-14-11 10:40 AM
    Loaded yesterday running for 24 hours. Nothing new and exciting to report (volume is extra loud had to adjust everything down, etc). So far seems to be running solidly. Slight increase in in memory but running tons of apps. No conclusion on battery yet. I'm a happy camper... holding on and waiting for the next BB on VZW.
    01-20-11 11:03 PM
    I've noticed with this OS that every time I do a battery pull, the wireless sync setting for my BES calendar changes to "off". Not a big deal, but would be nice if there way to prevent this from happening.
    01-24-11 11:21 AM
    Yes... Utilize the search function in this thread. There have been several posts with the same question/solution

This was a very reasonable suggestion since there were only 7 pages worth. I did a manual (looked at every one) and an advanced search and could find a solution. Did I miss something and could you please point me to the answer?
    Thanks.
    01-24-11 03:35 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD