Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.344

Well folks, the day has finally arrived. We are VERY excited to bring you OS6 for your Bold 9700! It seems after previously only seeing OS6 leaks for devices with 512mb device memory we finally have broken through to 256mb devices! With that being said, does this mean we will see OS6 developed for other 256mb devices? I sure hope so! Anyway, I haven't loaded this myself yet so there's no telling how it will actually run. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it runs!

Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    Deposit Files
    Hotfile
    ZShare
    Fileserve
    Depositfiles
    Mediafire
    Megashare
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    Hotfile
    BerryFX
    pk's megaupload

This may be helpful for some of your upgrading: Upgrading to os6 and want everything to work?

Here are some other tips put together specifically for this leak: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...cially-545478/

Source: Driphter.com
    Last edited by willyboy6; 11-02-10 at 11:59 AM. Reason: adding mine
    r1astas, jinxednuance and ErikSMA like this.
    11-02-10 08:17 AM
    Posted on BB Leaks now too:

Leaked: BlackBerry Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.344 ~ BlackBerry Leaks - BBLEAKS.COM

If you guys find you're missing all your normal ringtones, as I did on my Torch, there's a link in my signature with detailed instructions to install them.

Here's an upgrade tips thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...s-read-545478/

Have fun!

EDIT: T-Mobile users will need to delete the T-Mobile theme before or after installing or they will have a black/white screen with tiny icons. Remove the .cod before install or remove after with BBSAK.

net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    Last edited by jeffreii; 11-02-10 at 06:31 PM.
    11-02-10 08:37 AM
    do i need to back up my service book before i go ahead to do the upgrade?
    11-02-10 08:40 AM
    FYI - do not use the device switch wizard AND/OR restore from a backup file to move settings from 4.x or 5.0 to 6.0. Reinstall your apps manually and when choosing your backup file to restore from, do a selective restore and only select important data like calendar/contacts/memos/tasks etc.

This will avoid lots of issues caused by transferring 5.0 settings to 6.0!
    11-02-10 08:46 AM
    no east asian support?
    11-02-10 08:47 AM
    no east asian support?
    No... it's a MultiLanguage build
    11-02-10 08:49 AM
    I reported it to our bloggers and it's now on our front page.

http://crackberry.com/finally-leaked...-bold-9700-now

I am SO happy for you guys! It's about fracking time this puppy leaked! Good work WB!
    11-02-10 08:51 AM
    Why no east asian support when its multilanguage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 08:52 AM
    Erm... because it's not an East Asian OS build
    11-02-10 08:56 AM
    Multi-language doesn't mean Every-language. If it just had English and Spanish you could call it multi. For whatever reason, it just doesn't. You'll have to wait for an east-asian build or CJK etc.
    11-02-10 08:57 AM
    Is the 158MB download file size bigger than we are used to seeing for the 9700?
    11-02-10 09:01 AM
    FYI - do not use the device switch wizard AND/OR restore from a backup file to move settings from 4.x or 5.0 to 6.0. Reinstall your apps manually and when choosing your backup file to restore from, do a selective restore and only select important data like calendar/contacts/memos/tasks etc.

Thanks for the heads up. This will be my first time installing a completely different operating system. Are there step by step instructions or do we proceed as we do with an upgrade with the exception of your above guidance? I don't want to brick my phone! I just finished bragging to my husband last night about how I've never had my phone crash on me like his Iphony has!

For instance, I have not done a "selective restore" for that. Granted I have not dug into the forums to find information yet, so feel free to point me in that direction if this has been covered already.

Thanks, everyone!
    11-02-10 09:02 AM

Jeffreii - any chance you have a "step by step" for going from 5 to 6? It sounds a bit more detailed than just applying a leak 5.x upgrade. Do you have to do a complete wipe before this one?

Thanks.
    11-02-10 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. This will be my first time installing a completely different operating system. Are there step by step instructions or do we proceed as we do with an upgrade with the exception of your above guidance? I don't want to brick my phone! I just finished bragging to my husband last night about how I've never had my phone crash on me like his Iphony has!

For instance, I have not done a "selective restore" for that. Granted I have not dug into the forums to find information yet, so feel free to point me in that direction if this has been covered already.

Thanks, everyone!
    Either wipe first or when apploader asks you if you want it to restore apps/data, say no.

Then when you have 6.0 up and running, launch DM 6.0 and choose restore - select your latest backup file and check the box that says something like "select items to restore". You'll have a huge list of items you can choose to restore by placing a check mark. Look for contacts/calendar/memos/tasks - if necessary, and only restore those.
    11-02-10 09:04 AM
    Texts can be restored too right?
    11-02-10 09:05 AM
    Jeffreii - any chance you have a "step by step" for going from 5 to 6? It sounds a bit more detailed than just applying a leak 5.x upgrade. Do you have to do a complete wipe before this one?

Thanks.
    My Torch came with 6.0 so I haven't done the 5.0 to 6.0 upgrade. I don't see any reason not to do a wipe to be safe though it might be possible to just upgrade.

The main issue is to avoid transferring all your 5.0 settings. We've seen lots of issues in the 9800 forums as a result of using the device transfer wizard/restoring fully from a 5.0 backup.

The install process will be pretty much the same as with any leak aside from that.
    11-02-10 09:07 AM
    Either wipe first or when apploader asks you if you want it to restore apps/data, say no.

Then when you have 6.0 up and running, launch DM 6.0 and choose restore - select your latest backup file and check the box that says something like "select items to restore". You'll have a huge list of items you can choose to restore by placing a check mark. Look for contacts/calendar/memos/tasks - if necessary, and only restore those.
    Wow-thanks so much, jeffreii! You Crackheads are amazing. I'm still a novice at all of this, but you all make it extremely easy to attempt and fix mistakes! I'll give this a whirl later today. My download of 6 just completed. Good luck to everyone!
    Texts can be restored too right?
    That should be fine. The main thing to avoid are the thousands of system settings. I don't think anyone has pinpointed the exact items that cause trouble but the basic user-data related stuff should be fine to restore.
    Please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, please do not fill this forum thread with posts of "awesome, downloading" or "can't wait till I get home".

This thread is for findings and fixes. There are other threads for those kind of posts and most of us users don't want to get valuable information lost in the mix.

This has been a public service announcement from a fellow Blackberry 9700 user.
    11-02-10 09:09 AM
    is there anyway the east asian language pack can be added to the OS? I remember in the 5.0 builds the language pack could be added on..
    11-02-10 09:10 AM
    Any issues from anyone so far?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine is booting up this moment...

Only "additional" app installed is Social feeds rest is RIM basiscs...
    11-02-10 09:12 AM
    For everyone asking, if you take the 6.0.0.294 Java folder for the 9780 (which was AllLang) and simply paste the .344 java folder over top of the .294 folder, it will only leave contents from the .294 folder that are required for CJK languages to work. In addition, you will also need the .alx file from the 9780 OS if the 9700 OS doesn't already include it.

It is quite a simple addition and will allow you to have East Asian languages on your 9700.
    11-02-10 09:13 AM
    i got 85.5 before restoring email, contacts, etc. Blackberry basics plus twitter, facebook and podcast.
    11-02-10 09:19 AM
    Just a quick check on OS size. I installed on my PC and ran SAO. Before shrinking the OS size was 142.09Mb. After shrinking the OS size was 67.09Mb. This is about 25Mb larger than shrinking OS 5.0.0.979. I currently have 97.5Mb. free with .979, so I assume I will have about 75Mb free with OS 6, once I get around to doing an install.
    11-02-10 09:28 AM
    i just hope all my purchased apps will work with os6

any feedback on apps that work?
    11-02-10 09:29 AM
2,324 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD