Curve 9300 OS 6.0.0.344
    Just after the 9700 bombshell was dropped today we hinted via twitter that a few other 6.0 OS's would be dropping for 256mb devices today that hadn't previously seen a 6.0 leak. Well, here's the next one in line! After 9330 users have been enjoying 6.0 for a few weeks now, nice to see the 9300 finally get some loving! No word on how this OS runs on the 9300 yet, but if you've got one, might as well give it a try!

Megaupload

Source: Crackberry.com
    11-02-10 05:13 PM
    hey willy...any word on a new leak for our 9650......j/w....not compaining LOL.......thanks bro
    11-02-10 05:15 PM
    You're on fire today WB... thanks again to you and everyone at Driphter for sharing another OS6 leak

oh, and any word on a new leak for the 9780? not complaining, just asking
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-02-10 at 05:19 PM.
    11-02-10 05:16 PM
    9800 next? Thanks!
    11-02-10 05:22 PM
    You're on fire today WB... thanks again to you and everyone at Driphter for sharing another OS6 leak

oh, and any word on a new leak for the 9780? not complaining, just asking
    LOL.....hey man you know how it goes....hehe i didnt wanna sound like i'm crying over here. didnt wanna get bashed for asking either LOL
    11-02-10 05:25 PM
    megaupload link down -_-
    11-02-10 05:27 PM
    does anyone have been able to download it?
    11-02-10 05:41 PM
    8 minutes left for me
    11-02-10 05:44 PM
    8 minutes left for me
    but is it downloading, mine has stopped.
    11-02-10 05:47 PM
    Hmm.. ok. so i think i found one downside of this release: the battery doesn't quite last as long. has anyone who has installed this noticed that too?
    11-02-10 06:06 PM
    I'm downloading it right now and will report back any of my findings on this thread...

Thanks for the leak, WB!!
    11-02-10 06:25 PM
    but is it downloading, mine has stopped.
    Got the full thing. Haven't got time to install it tonight - so I can't report back.
    11-02-10 06:48 PM
    Ok. I said I didn't have the time.... but updating now. Will report back when it completes.
    11-02-10 07:30 PM
    Up and running. Never did this before, but it was easy. I didn't even bother wiping the device first. I ran ahead and just restored all my apps. Easy. Running slowly at the moment. I'm gonna run the update again and wipe everything first. Love the new interface.
    11-02-10 07:57 PM
    Is this leak multilingual like the 9700 version? Will applying the alllang files from the 9780 also work with the 9300?
    11-02-10 08:42 PM
    Yeah keep me updated, especially issues with this build. I may upgrade my fiancee's 9300 after I do my 9700 tonight, if all goes well.
    11-02-10 09:05 PM
    I did think of a question: Do you have to wipe the device before updating, then manually add your 3rd party apps and info, like the 9700, or does it matter with the 9300?
    11-02-10 09:09 PM
    Ok. A short update.

The preloaded languages seem to be turkish, greek, portuguese and US and UK english. No real issues since I completely wiped the device. Facebook wouldn't install, but after a battery pull and a reinstall, it started working. Well, I say working - obviously it STILL isn't syncing birthdays with my contacts. Does anyone know how to make that feature work? The first install of OS I did also brought up recent facebook activity for my contacts. This seems to have stopped working since I did a clean install. I think that is an app issue more than anything else - the RIM FB app is a steaming pile of...

Twitter wouldn't let me sign in the first few times I tried, but that has sorted itself out as well.

Trackpad was far to sensitive on default setting, but that was easily corrected.

One thing I am slightly confused about - there is really very little need now for a full homescreen menu. If you use folders the main menu is basically redundant.

Tabbed browsing is good - slight lag when switching between tabs, but nothing unbearable. Keyboard browser shortcuts are disabled by default - turn them on so you can scroll at a bearable rate with the spacebar.

People on the bold thread were complaining about homescreen keypresses acting as shortcuts only. I have mine configured to start universal search, so I can quickly find contacts.

All in all - I like it. I haven't installed social feeds or the native youtube app yet, and I am sure I will come across a few niggles over the coming days.

I teach english to foreign students in Scotland - OS6 has ensured their day is going to be a lot easier tomorrow as my lesson planning session has went out the window completely. Damn you crackberry.

On the install - I'd advise a clean wipe. I've done both now and there is A LOT less lag with the clean install. Restoring contacts and messages is no problem, provided you have backed them up.

Hope I've been of some help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 10:01 PM
    I can report that I have approximately 45-50 mb of free space after install. First time, BIS connection cannot be made. Thankfully I've made a backup of my Service Books and load it up. Now everything is running smoothly, just the low number of space available worried me a little...
    11-03-10 12:48 AM
    FOR ALL TMOBILE USA USERS!!!!

you have to delete the same exact files as in the Bold 9700.

After downloading and fully installing on you PC you should open the file by c:\program giles\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\9300...... and delete the tmobile themese in the Java folder.
    the file name will start with
    net_rim_theme_tmobile_precision............
    there are two to delete and then follow the regular instructions.
    11-03-10 01:32 AM
    On the install - I'd advise a clean wipe. I've done both now and there is A LOT less lag with the clean install. Restoring contacts and messages is no problem, provided you have backed them up.
    So, I installed OS6 then saw this post. I've just done a wipe thinking it would take me back to factory settings, i.e OS5 but it didnt. Do I just reinstall now even though it's still running OS6? Will that be sufficent enough to prevent the lag?
    11-03-10 03:28 AM
    I installed yesterday night. The interface is very nice, mainly the way the notifications are handled.

The upgrade worked perfect and I did not have to wipe it before.

As negative issues I think it drains quicker the battery mainly when it is in use. In standby it think it is fine. Also I notice it gets a bit hot on the battery.

At some moments I find a little sluggish and for me the worst thing is the browser. I was happy with the browser in os5 and this one is very slow to move within the page.
    11-03-10 03:59 AM
    Aria and K - I think you should do a clean install. First back up all of your service books. Search the forum for wipe details - I'm not typing it up when the info is readily available here. I have around 90mb left after installation of the OS and some apps.

Wave - pretty much the same. All the issues you mentioned are massively better after a clean install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 04:31 AM
    thanks p�l, I am wiping it following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/th...w-pics-439709/

I will give some feedback once it is ready
    11-03-10 05:00 AM
    Just reinstalled again with th OS stripped down a little bit. Another noticeable improvement. Social feeds is useful, and my social stuff is now appearing in my contact list - the birthdays are STILL missing though.

Native RSS is useful.
    11-03-10 06:33 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD