Does anyone know if you could download Tom Tom navigation to the 8800.
    02-17-07 05:44 PM
    Does anyone know if you could download Tom Tom navigation to the 8800.

There is no known software for the microSD card at this point. I suspect that someone might develop it soon.

Check this out.

Stinsonddog's Blackberry GPS Tips

I need 5 posts for the full URL - LOL - I'M a BBF moderator.

Don't know why my sig isnt' showing.
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-29-07 at 04:59 PM. Reason: activated link
    02-17-07 06:15 PM
    You can get the link from my signature.
    02-17-07 06:33 PM
    I'd go with TelMap on the 8800 over anything else.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-07 12:00 PM
    I'm enjoying TeleNav on the 8100 thanks to Stinson's recommendation.
    02-19-07 06:07 PM
    Any solution to get all maps on the SD ?
    03-17-07 09:36 AM
    Can't be done at this point. The only thing you can store on the MicroSD for retrieval on your BB is: Music, Movies, Pictures, and Ringtones

You can however, use the MicroSD as a flash drive, but you'll only be able to read those other files from a PC.
    03-17-07 11:47 AM
    ok I understand, but then isn't it too expensive to use if the BB has to download maps all the time ?? I have no experience until now but I don`t want bad surprise on my bill ! lol Any tipps or experience to share on this ?
    03-17-07 04:32 PM
    If you have an unlimited data package you have nothing to worry about. I don't use mine that often, but I'll be traveling in the next few days and I'll try to put it to use and see how well it works.
    03-17-07 07:22 PM
    Might lighten your trip eh Kasper.......
    03-19-07 04:31 PM
    Saw another user at BBForums try this with his 8800, so I thought I'd give it a shot as well....

On the plane, had the wireless functions turned off just as every good traveler should, but I pulled up BB Maps and then started GPS. It took about a minute, but it locked in on 7 satellites, and showed our speed at 277MPH!

It wouldn't give any maps since the data wasn't on, but the GPS did work
    03-19-07 11:31 PM
    and showed our speed at 277MPH!

Should've wound down the window..... A breath of fresh air....
    03-20-07 09:07 AM
    I'll try that on the way back tomorrow
    03-20-07 01:04 PM
    Wait, GPS does NOT need 'data active' to work? That's brilliant...

Saw another user at BBForums try this with his 8800, so I thought I'd give it a shot as well....

On the plane, had the wireless functions turned off just as every good traveler should, but I pulled up BB Maps and then started GPS. It took about a minute, but it locked in on 7 satellites, and showed our speed at 277MPH!

It wouldn't give any maps since the data wasn't on, but the GPS did work
    03-20-07 01:51 PM
    No, the GPS part worked just fine, but the maps need the data, so it would not plot anything on the map since I had the data disabled. The map screen was blank, but the info bar at the bottom showed speed and direction.
    03-20-07 01:54 PM
    Just found this topic and I realize it's old. I have been searching and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I am trying to find a navigation app that will run without data. Reason, I travel alot of times to back woods country (ie West Virginia, Southern Illinois, Smoky Mountains) where I do not always have a signal, but of course still able to acquire GPS signal. Any thoughts? I have been trying to use TeleNav, but it requires data for the maps of course, and I don't really want to carry phone and my TomTom around.

I have Curve 8900 with ATT.
    Last edited by LB8900; 07-31-09 at 11:24 AM. Reason: forgot some info
    07-31-09 11:21 AM
    Try using trekberry. You ahve to load your own maps but it does work.
    08-07-09 08:36 AM
    There is a Chinese navigation software which supports micro SD offline map. Of course it has China map only.

So far I haven't found any other similar navigation software in English.
    08-15-09 10:14 PM
    - I figured it out.

Ok... there is a trick to this. I set it up EXACTLY the same way with the AT&T option and the Cingular option. The only way it works is with the CINGULAR option.

I have a 9700 and there is no option for the 9700 so I chose the 8800 BlackBerry for my device.

1. Replace the APN isp.cingular with
    wap.cingular
    2. Delete default username, type
    "[email protected]" (don't use the quotes, crackberry made me, wouldn't let me put in, what they thought, was an email)
    3. Delete default password, type
    CINGULAR1
    4. When the login script comes up it should look
    like this (because you've already changed the APN)
    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.cingular"
    5. Accept the automatic configuration for the IP & DNS
    6. That's it. I almost peed myself when it worked.

And they (FixYa.com) wanted me to pay for this, I knew I would figure it out, eventually; it only took 4 hours, lol.
    01-09-10 02:35 AM
    Man... it would be sweet if this worked on the Storm 9530. I didn't want to get a data plan either...thats why I have my HP Notebook...lol...

Anyone try it?

I use Telus up here in BC, Canada. I wonder if its carrier specific?
    03-11-10 11:06 AM
    - I figured it out.

Ok... there is a trick to this. I set it up EXACTLY the same way with the AT&T option and the Cingular option. The only way it works is with the CINGULAR option.

I have a 9700 and there is no option for the 9700 so I chose the 8800 BlackBerry for my device.

1. Replace the APN isp.cingular with
    wap.cingular
    2. Delete default username, type
    "[email protected]" (don't use the quotes, crackberry made me, wouldn't let me put in, what they thought, was an email)
    3. Delete default password, type
    CINGULAR1
    4. When the login script comes up it should look
    like this (because you've already changed the APN)
    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.cingular"
    5. Accept the automatic configuration for the IP & DNS
    6. That's it. I almost peed myself when it worked.

And they (FixYa.com) wanted me to pay for this, I knew I would figure it out, eventually; it only took 4 hours, lol.
    i dnt understand - plz could u simplify this
    many tahnx in advance
    08-13-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD