This thread is somewhat obsolete, please see here first:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ot...-6-0-a-564259/

You may have noticed that the 9800 includes some new alerts/ringtones...but is missing pretty much everything else!

I've done some searching and a lot of trial and error...but haven't managed to move the ringtones from my 9000 to my 9800. Can't send via bluetooth. Can't copy from the system to media card or internal storage and then move to 9800...

This is probably something fairly easy but as I've never played with the ringtones on my 9000, I'm a little lost on how to move them to my 9800.

Thanks in advance.

*OLD* SOLUTION (see link above first):

Ok there are two methods. An easy one and a slightly more difficult but better method. Both should work on ANY BlackBerry with OS 6.0!

1) Easy: Download the ringtones to your computer and put them in your internal storage or media card "ringtones" folder. These seem to be very slightly lower quality and if your phone is in mass storage mode the ringtones/alerts will temporarily be changed to default because the phone cannot access the ringtones in the storage/media card.

Download this:
    Rapidshare Ringtones ZIP file

Unzip and put whichever ringtones you want in your ringtones folder on your phone - you can use the 4GB internal storage card or the MicroSD card for this.

Pull the battery to reboot.

2) Harder (but better): Use BBSAK to install the .cod files that contain the old ringtones. This is the only way to get the ringtones on the system memory that is always accessable. You will not be able to specify which ringtones are installed - aside from choosing from these 2 files - everything included in the .cod(s) you install will be put on the phone.
    Thanks to MACKSnare519 for this idea!

Choose which .cods you want based on the files they contain - the file list is at the bottom of this post. Download to your computer and unzip - files within each are listed at the bottom:

9000 Tones:
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high

net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2

9700 Tones

net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod

Download and install BBSAK to your computer (I suggest using 1.7 - if you're trying a newer version and having problems, go back to 1.7 like I did):
    BBSAK 1.7 Download

Plug your phone in as if you were using Desktop Manager but instead run BBSAK. Under the tab "Modify Cods" choose "Install Cod(s)". Select the .cod you want and it will install it. Repeat if you want both of the .cods installed. Unplug your phone and do a battery pull.

When you go to change alert tones through profile management on your phone, you'll find all of them under "All Alerts..." in the dropdown box.

EDIT: You will have to do this process each time you install a new OS on the phone. After the OS is installed, use BBSAK to install the .cod(s), reboot the phone and then run DM6 - select restore and choose selective restore - the only option you need to restore is called "sounds" - this will correctly restore your profile settings.

PS: Someone mentioned there were other ringtones missing - perhaps Storm-specific ringtones. The .cods I linked above were extracted from a Bold 9000 5.0.0.681 OS. If someone wants to upload the .cod(s) for the Storm I'll gladly put them in this post.

Here's what's included in the two .cods:

net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high

<file name="Alarm_Antelope.m4a"/>
    <file name="Alarm_EarlyRiser.m4a"/>
    <file name="Alarm_Electronic.m4a"/>
    <file name="Alarm_HighAlert.m4a"/>
    <file name="Alarm_QuickBell.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBGrooves_Interlude.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBInspired_AsianMorning.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBInspired_Chivalry.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBInspired_Epiphany.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBInspired_NimbleBeat.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBInspired_Orchess.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_Alarm.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_Confirm.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_ElectriCall.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_GungHo.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_Link.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_Sanguine.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBPro_VintageAlarm.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Gong.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Levitate.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_LightChime.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Melodious.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Pianola.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Soar.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_Tranquility.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_2Loud.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_BBPro_5.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_BBPro_6.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_BikeBell.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Caffeine.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_ChiGong.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Contentment.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Cricket.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Crystal.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Dimples.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Eager.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Entrance.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_EtVoila.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Greeter.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_LightSpeed.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Lucid.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Magic.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Morning.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Ninja.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Nymph.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Ready.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_SoapBreak.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Sonar.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_Spell.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_StarPortal.m4a"/>
    <file name="Notifier_UFO.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_BBPro_1.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_BBPro_2.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_BBPro_3.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_BBPro_4.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_Bonjour.m4a"/>
    <file name="Ringer_ClassicPhone.m4a"/>
    <file name="Tune_AssemblyLine.mid"/>
    <file name="Tune_BachFugueDMinor.mid"/>
    <file name="Tune_CoolRunnins.mid"/>
    <file name="Tune_Entertainer.mid"/>
    <file name="Tune_Eurotrance.mid"/>
    <file name="Tune_FurElise.mid"/>

net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2

<file name="Alarm_Bold_byStewartCopeland.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBGrooves_SmoothLatin.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_StarChime.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone1.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone2.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone3.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone4.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone5.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone6.m4a"/>
    <file name="Timer_3beeps.m4a"/>
    <file name="Tune_Calypso.m4a"/>
    <file name="Tune_Down2Business.m4a"/>

net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod
    These tones, from the 9700, are exactly the same as the combination of the two 9000 files above - minus the Stewart Copeland stuff in the second 9000 file and plus a big demo file: MusicDemo_WorldTraveller.m4a
    Last edited by jeffreii; 12-12-10 at 11:38 AM.
    09-19-10 03:04 PM
    Thank you, I am so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I REALLY want my BBM ringtone back!!!!!
    09-22-10 01:36 PM
    Nice work, jeff!!
    09-22-10 01:40 PM
    Yeah, thank you very much. None of the new ringtones wake me up in the morning. Nothin but good old fashioned quickbell Worked like a charm, again thanks.
    10-03-10 07:13 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I upgraded my bb8330 from 4.5 to 5.0 and lost my standard tones five days ago. I used bbsak which I already had, installed both cod files, did a battery pull and no need to access desktop manager. I can now wake up in the morning! Yay!
    11-02-10 10:09 PM
    Glad to help!
    11-03-10 06:23 AM
    Thank you jeffrii. I just don't understand why RIM didn't include the standard ringtones.
    11-06-10 02:18 PM
    Hey thanks for the information on how to fix this! I found it really helpful and even the not so easy solution you outlined was super simple. Thanks!
    11-10-10 02:31 PM
    This looks great, can't wait to get my old sounds back!

Does anybody know if I will lose my existing *.mp3 song ringtones?
    11-23-10 09:59 AM
    You won't lose anything unless you delete those mp3s.
    11-23-10 10:12 AM
    Perfect! I'll load these cods at once!
    11-26-10 02:12 PM
    Great post!
    12-09-10 11:12 AM
    AWESOME post. Thank you. Call me crazy, but I was missing my classic phone ring tone. 6.0 tones just weren't getting it done for me!
    12-10-10 08:17 AM
    Im not sure if anyone has found this method... but if Im reposting... apologies before hand

i tried to do the bbsak method but then it just said that the key was no longer valid and had to get another from the website.. so tried looking for another version of bbsak... and gave up...

came across... mobile.blackberry.com using the bb browser... and one of the options there was "get standard os 5 ringtones on your os 6"

after clicking on that... it was automatically downloaded and saved onto the phone no fuss..

now i have my gung_** and cricket back
    12-11-10 10:41 AM
    Im not sure if anyone has found this method... but if Im reposting... apologies before hand

i tried to do the bbsak method but then it just said that the key was no longer valid and had to get another from the website.. so tried looking for another version of bbsak... and gave up...

came across... mobile.blackberry.com using the bb browser... and one of the options there was "get standard os 5 ringtones on your os 6"

after clicking on that... it was automatically downloaded and saved onto the phone no fuss..

now i have my gung_** and cricket back
    Stick with BBSAK 1.7 for now - it's available for download from my signature.

In the first post there's the "easy" method which lets you just download a zip file containing the ringtones.
    12-11-10 12:27 PM
    Edited the first post to reflect a new and better way to do this - CB user ju1ce showed us a .jad file that RIM is offering from BlackBerry.com that does the same thing!
    12-12-10 11:39 AM
    Questions re: COD's

Hi, thanks so much for providing all of the older notification/ringers.
    I am new using BBSAK and i have a question. I ended up putting all three of
    the files on my Bold 9650:
    1. net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high
    2. net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2
    3. net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod

Now i have too many ringtones and only want the "high" set not "high 2" or the other. So I went into MOD CODS>Read System and i obviously see the list of CODS there but only sonic networks high is on there not sonic networks high 2 and not 480x360_03_b.cod... only something called "net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x360_05_b"
    I dont wanna remove the ringtones that came with OS 6 or mess up the phone otherwise? Is it possibly named something else/? Thanks so much if you can help.
    02-01-11 09:36 PM
    is there any way to extract the ring tones from the Bold 9650 running OS 6? I want to transfer a few to another phone.
    02-25-11 08:51 PM
    Hi I just want to let u know that the links that u did posted to get the ring tones are links to a website called"MULTIDOWNLOADS" something like that.
    In addition in order to get the files , Do we need to down load all those applicationes posted there?
    Beforehand, I will appreciated if you guide me or specified the steps in order to download the ring tones.

Thank u
    leo
    06-03-11 11:58 AM
    Hi I just want to let u know that the links that u did posted to get the ring tones are links to a website called"MULTIDOWNLOADS" something like that.
    In addition in order to get the files , Do we need to down load all those applicationes posted there?
    Beforehand, I will appreciated if you guide me or specified the steps in order to download the ring tones.

Thank u
    leo
    Just go to mobile.blackberry.com from your BB browser, and download them direct from there

audioengr likes this.
    06-03-11 01:43 PM
    @ Phill_UK

06-07-11 02:53 PM
    This thread is way old but I'm hoping someone still has a copy of that .zip file. I'd like to put all of this ringtones on my Z10.

UPDATE: I found two zip files with them. If anyone else is interested, I'll find a more convenient place to put them.
    04-05-13 02:04 PM
    Please do. I"m still trying to get the old long duration ones...

I can host them on dp if you can get them to me.
    10-02-13 11:11 PM
    Found em. Where do you want them?
    10-03-13 10:14 AM
    I would also like to get the old sounds on my Z10... Please send me a link.

Thanks
    10-09-13 10:20 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD