***Updated with Video At bottom***

So I've notice since I installed 5.0, I've been hearing the faint sounds when plugging in my usb/chargers. And then the other day, while playing with FileScout, I found where the Notifier sounds were! In the same fashion as making custom folder icons, I wondered if I could change them and the phone would play a different sound. So I found some the startup/shutdown/usp connect/usb disconnect sounds from XP. They were in .wav format. A quick google search and I found a converter that would allow me to change it to .m4a (the format of the default sounds). I converted the sounds and the renamed them the same as the file on the phone. For good measure, using FileScout, I copied the default sounds to my SD card in case I ever wanted them back. So I moved the XP sounds to my SD card. Using FileScout, I copied the XP files to the selection stack. Then you go to>Store>System>Accessibility and there they are. **Now you do have to have FilesScout set up to show hidden folder. BB Button>Options>General Settings> Check Show hidden files & directories. **Once in the Accessibility folder Copy or Move the selection to this folder. If it says the file already exists, Change the option under general settings that says "When Destination Exist:" to Overwrite Destination. Save that and the recopy the selection to the accessibility folder. Now close FileScout and test it out! I only change the connected, disconnected, power on, and power off. Just for an added bonus, I'm gonna through in the XP sounds that I used already converted and named ready to be moved into the folder! Enjoy guys and please let me know what you think!

I've only tried this on my bold running 5.0.0.238, I'm not certain if it'll work on other models. Let me know if you guys can get it to work!

Here's a preview of how mine works!
    Last edited by Scoot05RedSS; 10-10-09 at 08:26 PM.
    10-10-09 05:41 PM
    I added a video!
    10-10-09 07:12 PM
    that folder is empty for me. i also dont hear a faint sound when i plug a usb cable or charger in. oh well.
    10-10-09 11:14 PM
    Are you on 5.0? I only started noticing it once I upgraded!
    10-11-09 01:11 AM
    me either i am on .238 and i havent heard the sounds........are you going crazy??? lol
    10-11-09 02:32 AM
    I'm not going crazy!! LOL check out my video. I didn't make the sounds with my mouth! Go to Options>Advanced Options>Accesibility>And turn Event Sounds on!
    10-11-09 02:36 AM
    ***Updated with Video At bottom***

So I've notice since I installed 5.0, I've been hearing the faint sounds when plugging in my usb/chargers. And then the other day, while playing with FileScout, I found where the Notifier sounds were! In the same fashion as making custom folder icons, I wondered if I could change them and the phone would play a different sound. So I found some the startup/shutdown/usp connect/usb disconnect sounds from XP. They were in .wav format. A quick google search and I found a converter that would allow me to change it to .m4a (the format of the default sounds). I converted the sounds and the renamed them the same as the file on the phone. For good measure, using FileScout, I copied the default sounds to my SD card in case I ever wanted them back. So I moved the XP sounds to my SD card. Using FileScout, I copied the XP files to the selection stack. Then you go to>Store>System>Accessibility and there they are. **Now you do have to have FilesScout set up to show hidden folder. BB Button>Options>General Settings> Check Show hidden files & directories. **Once in the Accessibility folder Copy or Move the selection to this folder. If it says the file already exists, Change the option under general settings that says "When Destination Exist:" to Overwrite Destination. Save that and the recopy the selection to the accessibility folder. Now close FileScout and test it out! I only change the connected, disconnected, power on, and power off. Just for an added bonus, I'm gonna through in the XP sounds that I used already converted and named ready to be moved into the folder! Enjoy guys and please let me know what you think!

I've only tried this on my bold running 5.0.0.238, I'm not certain if it'll work on other models. Let me know if you guys can get it to work!

Here's a preview of how mine works!
    Thanks, nice tip if for nothing other than to be different A+
    10-11-09 03:42 AM
    i used some vista sounds and i put them in the folder but the volume is really low and not as loud as you have it in the video. i just upped the amplification with audacity and the volume is at a good level now. at first the connect and disconnect sounds werent playing because i have my phone set to automatically go into mass storage mode once i connect it with a usb cable. i turned it off and it worked fine. what other notification files are in your accessibility folder?
    Last edited by CaCHooKaMan; 10-11-09 at 04:22 AM.
    10-11-09 04:18 AM
    nice 1.
    thanks for that.
    10-11-09 08:27 AM
    That's the ony sounds that i saw in there. What else is there to change? No Problem guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:37 AM
    I've PMed a Mod hopefully we can get this moved to the Tips/How to Forum so others can see it and try it on different devices!
    10-13-09 07:37 AM
    Wow, that's something I didn't know about for sure. As soon as I turned event sounds on it worked! I'm on 5.0.0.190 now, so I know that version of 5.0 has it. Very neat.

I'm also running Windows 7 on my notebook and it has some very cool USB sounds with it. I may try some of those out.
    10-13-09 08:50 AM
    Enjoy and if you dont mind could you possibly email me those sounds once you get them? I'd love to hear the 7 sounds! [email protected]

10-13-09 09:02 AM
    Enjoy and if you dont mind could you possibly email me those sounds once you get them? I'd love to hear the 7 sounds! [email protected]

I got it sent. There are 13 different Windows 7 Themes. Each has different sounds for every event.
    10-13-09 09:23 AM
    Thanks man! Once I convert them I might try to post those as well!
    10-13-09 02:28 PM
    I'll try this after work on my curve 8330 on 5.0 and let you know how it works out.
    10-13-09 03:42 PM
    I just went through FileScout and have the sounds there, i don't see any reason i couldn't change the files out. Post the files you convert in the OP and I'll try them out in a couple hours
    Nice find!! I love customization!
    10-13-09 03:45 PM
    I'm working til late and have a few plans , but ill try to work on them when i get home! I did post the XP sounds i used in the first post! they are already renamed and everything!

10-13-09 04:21 PM
    Awesome. I'll try it here in about 45 minutes

10-13-09 04:41 PM
    hhhmmmm, Im getting a "net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExcepti on [null] error when i try to move the files over from the media card to the store/system/accessibility/ directory.. any ideas?
    10-13-09 06:44 PM
    You are using fileScout? Let me check my settings!
    10-13-09 07:38 PM
    I don't see any specific options for moving files. Are you using FileScout or BBFileScout. If the latter then update to FileScout!
    10-13-09 07:40 PM
    i dont see any options for copying files in filescout. Can you provide specifics? what version are you runnning? How about a vid showing how you did it?
    10-15-09 07:42 PM
    i dont see any options for copying files in filescout. Can you provide specifics? what version are you runnning? How about a vid showing how you did it?
    Read the very first post buddy. Video is included.
    10-15-09 07:50 PM
    scratch that... i guess a video showing the results isn't much help on how he did it, eh?
    10-15-09 07:53 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD