With OS 6 finally upon us, I know there are a lot of questions and problems as there always are when something new comes out.

I have compiled some tricks that I find make navigating OS 6.0 a more pleasant experience. I have also added on some files that I think some people will find useful.

Of course I would love to see others add useful information as well to make this a great experience for all of us!

1. Service books! If you are having problems getting your internet to work since the upgrade this is because you are missing the required service books. Verizon has not pushed out any updates to 6.0 yet, so you will need to get a hold of the 5.0 service books. A good guide to doing this can be found here: Bold 9650 6.0.0.222 Browser Fix.

2. Love 6.0, but not a big fan of the new ring tones? I have added a zip file to this post. Just unzip the file and put it on your memory card and you are good to go.

3. No phone options? I have seen several people who have said that their phone options are missing. I was one of these. If you hit the send button, then the BB button, next click on options. If nothing happens you are missing the "phone options" CODs. I have added a zip for these files as well. Download BBSAK (http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...5-09-a-346247/) and install these CODs.

4. Are you finding zooming in difficult on the new browser? First off, make sure you have keyboard shortcuts enabled. Open up your browser, then hit the BB button and scroll down to options, next make sure "enable keyboard shortcuts" is checked. Now you can use the "I" and the "O" like you were doing on 5.0 to zoom in and out.
    Another way of zooming in and out that I find even better and more fluid is holding "alt" and motioning up or down on the trackpad.

5. Want to have no icons on the homescreen like Torch? Hit the BB button on the home screen, then go down to options, now you can change the "number of icon rows". I find that zero looks pretty nice.

6. Do you hate how there is a +1 in front of every phone number on your blackberry? Hit send, then the BB button, next options, next smart dialing, now change country code to unknown.

7. Want to know another way to open the dock? You can swipe down on the trackpad from default homescreen view to have the dock open up all the way. Keep in mind the downward swipe needs to be pretty quick!

8. Are you missing the social feeds app? Have no fear, just plug your phone back into your computer. Open up apploader and click the box checking the social feeds app. Apploader will install it and you're all set.

9. Is your social Feeds app missing facebook even though facebook is already installed? It seems there might be a problem when facebook is installed from appworld. Uninstall it and go to mobile.blackberry.com and click on "Get facebook v1.8". Should work then for you.

10. I can't download apps OTA from mobihand using my browser! Log onto mobihand and have them send the OTA link to your email. Save the file to your SD card and then you should be able to install it. That's the best way around it for now.

11. I can't dial my contacts from the homescreen anymore! When you try to dial from the homescreen with 6.0 it will now open up the new universal search feature. If you want similar searching of your contacts like in 5.0, just hit the send button first and then dial your contact as needed.

I will continue to post more as I find them. Thanks for reading and make sure to let me know anything else I have missed!
    Last edited by Lonman06; 09-23-10 at 09:53 PM.
    09-20-10 09:26 PM
    NICE! Thanks for the work.
    09-20-10 09:33 PM
    Lonman, this is why I love Crackberry. You don't know how helpful this post is to me....Thanks again..
    09-20-10 10:01 PM
    Nice job on this!!! Very well done!
    09-20-10 11:17 PM
    Thanks for this!!!!!!! Naviagting thru the new os and trying to find some settings took some getting used but this helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 11:17 PM
    Nice thread Lonman,, hope you can help me though,, i can;t send SMS since the service center number field is empty and everytime i enter the number and hit save it goes back to empty again,, any ideas what's happening,,, thanks
    09-21-10 06:53 AM
    Thank you.

Is there any way to set the icons on the "All" screen. I have moved them around, but as soon as I scroll away from the "All" screen, the icon order changes.
    09-21-10 07:34 AM
    Thank you.

Is there any way to set the icons on the "All" screen. I have moved them around, but as soon as I scroll away from the "All" screen, the icon order changes.
    You're saying you are losing the order of your icons on the all screen everytime you switch tabs?
    09-21-10 08:06 AM
    I suggest installing the .cods for the missing sounds/ringtones/alerts and not just copying some lower quality ones to the ringtones folder - they will not be accessible when the phone is plugged into the computer using mass storage mode.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/how...es-os6-530509/
    09-21-10 09:19 AM
    You're saying you are losing the order of your icons on the all screen everytime you switch tabs?
    Yes. That is exactly what happens.

09-21-10 11:12 AM
    Has anyone found a way to get the new browser to column the text when zooming in?

09-21-10 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the tones!!!!!!!!! You're awesome!
    09-21-10 01:25 PM
    Has anyone found a way to get the new browser to column the text when zooming in?

I don't believe there is a way to do this right now. Holding alt and using the trackpad gives you a pretty de�ent zoom in though.
    09-21-10 04:06 PM
    5. Want to have no icons on the homescreen like Torch? Hit the BB button on the home screen, then go down to options, now you can change the "number of icon rows". I find that zero looks pretty nice.
    Awesome. This is much better.

Has anyone found a way to get the new browser to column the text when zooming I n?
    It won't work correctly on the CB mobile page. I have found zooming in works better by pressing the trackpad when you see the magnifying glass.
    09-21-10 04:41 PM
    Anyone know of a left right short cut for scrolling.
    09-21-10 04:51 PM
    Anyone know of a left right short cut for scrolling.
    I have been searching for the same thing, there isn't anything I know of as of right now...
    09-21-10 05:55 PM
    Thanks Lonman. That is too bad. It is a much needed option.
    09-21-10 08:57 PM
    Those driphter people made an abortion of my guide so heres the original.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/upd...-first-530398/
    09-21-10 09:35 PM
    Is it some trackpad swipe or something to go prev/next day in calendar if you're viewing in one-day mode?
    09-21-10 10:37 PM
    Nice thread Lonman,, hope you can help me though,, i can;t send SMS since the service center number field is empty and everytime i enter the number and hit save it goes back to empty again,, any ideas what's happening,,, thanks
    I took a look into this, other than changing the SMS delivery options I'm not really sure. You get it working?
    09-22-10 07:00 PM
    ok i'm an *****...how do i install these .cod files to my bold? i used bbsak but i can't find it anywhere on my phone or memory card. i do see the ringtones but how do i open it so i can use it?
    09-22-10 08:53 PM
    Is anybody else having issues streaming video with OS 6.0? It seemed I could play any online video in 5.0(except flash). Now, almost everything freezes after the firat 2 seconds. Any ideas for a fix?

09-23-10 08:29 AM
    k i figured out you have to unzip the files and then load the folders on the phone via BBSAK...only issue i'm having is that it took all night for the phone options to finally work and when i did the settings in options, the phone options disappeared again. oh and i do have the ringtones finally on my phone. lol
    09-23-10 08:43 AM
    Is it better to use a Hybrid Os6 or the regular files if you use verizon?
    09-23-10 03:02 PM
    Is it some trackpad swipe or something to go prev/next day in calendar if you're viewing in one-day mode?
    I've got the same issue. let me know if you find a solution. i can barely go previous or next in the calender day view. Sometimes if I keep running my thumb over it it will go one day.
    09-23-10 03:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD