Just curious as to everyones favorite hybrid for the 8330 that you've used/ are using

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 09:33 PM
    I am also curious as I recently went from the .160/.138/5.0 hybrid back to .131. It worked ok, but being on sprint I'm sure my phone is inferior and not meant for these advanced os's. Still lookin for one that answers calls when you push the talk button and not lag like my phone does. In general the hybrids here are top notch tho

07-07-09 11:11 PM
    I'm using .131 as base with java files dated 4/7 and 4/16 from hybrid files. OS is quicker and battery life is much better. Hybrid files located in 8330m hybrid post under OS beta discussion thread.

07-10-09 07:01 AM
    I am also curious as I recently went from the .160/.138/5.0 hybrid back to .131. It worked ok, but being on sprint I'm sure my phone is inferior and not meant for these advanced os's. Still lookin for one that answers calls when you push the talk button and not lag like my phone does. In general the hybrids here are top notch tho

WHERE DID U GET THAT HYBRID OS ??? I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT ANYWHERE
    07-14-09 03:14 PM
    I got it in the forums. Lyricidal wrote it. I used xlideriders instructions on post 279 or somethin and now I'm running 4.5.0.163 with app version (alt +eace) 4.6.0.267

07-14-09 03:17 PM
    Using .160 with cdma file from .119. Great OS. Phone file from 119 makes this OS the best I've had yet.
    07-14-09 03:35 PM
    Hybrids = no good for phone. Stick with regular os.
    07-14-09 05:22 PM
    You are kidding, right? How is a hybrid os bad for the device? Gives it high blood pressure or make it gain weight? Please do explain.

07-14-09 05:28 PM
    This has been driving me crazy for the last few days.

The 8330m curve for Sprint is my first Blackberry, but I've been researching from Crackberry the few days prior to my purchase. The first thing I did was jcl_cmder or whatever to clean everything out, and then tried the hybrid.

I ended up with Option > About

v.4.5.0.160 (Platform 3.4.0.30)

And Alt + Shift + H

v. 4.5.0.160 (253)

Obviously that's not the .267, but I do have 4.6 and 5.0 modules installed. What exactly happened? Is the true .267 hybrid that much better? Since I pretty much installed straight to the hybrid without spending too much time on the stock OS, I really don't have much to compare to as far as speed/battery/radio experiences go.

And just to recap, since I read the thread a few times over trying to make sense of all the posts:

For a SPRINT 8330m:
    Start with either .138/.131 and then throw in the 8330 files, not the 8330m files, correct? I think tht's where I went wrong. I'm pretty sure I used the 8330m java files on the first page to overwrite the .131/.138.

And is there a way to backup BBM PINs so I don't have to re-request everyone? Thanks.
    07-15-09 10:28 PM
    Wow, I did the same thing as you and I know it can be frustrating. I then went back to .131, installed the update from u.s. Cellular via blackberry. That took me to .160. It seems you are already running .160, so go to the 21st page in the post you got the m files from and follow xlideriders instructions. Honestly, the overall app speed has improved greatly. The browser will slow down a little from the initial "whoa that's fast", but the 5.0 files I don't really notice since they seem to be tied in with the push e-mail, which I don't use.

You should always backup via desktop manager before doing these upgrades, as they aren't "official" releases. Then use DM to restore your bb, go to options/advanced/host routing table- push app button- register now. You should have all your native apps and contacts restored.

Hope this helps

07-16-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD