UPDATE!!!

BB Boss 2.2 Setup.exe
    BB_Boss_TMobile_9700_Settings.bbs

Due to the recent problems and concerns about the last release I have updated BB Boss yet again. Luckily there has been a leak while I was working on this, so I was able to add a few more file options and clean a couple of things up for better shrinkage.

This update fixes the problem with the Japanese Language file removal and a problem with the soon-to-be implemented "Install A Hybrid" feature.

It also adds a few new files and options found in the latest OS6 Builds (up to 6.x.x.499) including Chinese Mobile Market and Chinese Mobile Reader. A full listing of changes can be found in the change log.

I recommend uninstalling the previous version of BB Boss, as I have updated the filename for better compatibility for future updates. This was also in preparation for Live Update abilities to be implemented in the future.

Just uninstall it using the Start Menu Link. It will leave the settings and any registration information.

I am also including a link to my settings. Just download this link to your system and select "Import Settings" from the file menu. navigate to the folder containing the settings file you downloaded and you'll have the same settings that I use on my T-Mobile 9700. It will cover most people and get you to about 95MB free prior to any third party apps being installed.

Please let me know if anyone finds any problems. I have done a lot of Beta testing on this prior to release, but you guys are the final say on what problems exist, as I can't test all possible situations. Please let me know and I will do what I can to help out with a workaround or a fix.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding with the last release. Your excitment and support for this project is at keeping it fun and interesting.
    Last edited by ffejrobins30; 03-12-11 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Update of file links
    03-02-11 03:11 PM
    Nice job Boss, works like a charm.
    03-02-11 03:53 PM
    The download doesn't work for me....requires me to sign in?

EDIT: Nevermind. Tried it in a different browser & it worked just fine.
    Last edited by tryfe; 03-02-11 at 05:48 PM.
    03-02-11 05:42 PM
    I just downloaded it myself and it worked fine...
    03-02-11 05:47 PM
    Although it works pretty well, it doesn't seem to have shrunk out _ja language files... it missed the sample contact picture ota files as well.
    03-02-11 07:13 PM
    Well, I was bound to miss something. I can't possibly test out all of the OS builds out there, but try to get as much info from you guys as I possibly can. now that I know that Japanese files are being left in, I will add them to the program and get it updated when I have enough updates to make it worthwhile to release.

Sorry about that, but thanks for the info.
    03-02-11 07:19 PM
    Well, I was bound to miss something. I can't possibly test out all of the OS builds out there, but try to get as much info from you guys as I possibly can. now that I know that Japanese files are being left in, I will add them to the program and get it updated when I have enough updates to make it worthwhile to release.

Sorry about that, but thanks for the info.
    No problem. I'm an overall happy customer since the initial release, lol. When I ran apploader just now, it appears all the East Asia languages were still there for the choosing.
    03-02-11 07:24 PM
    No problem. I'm an overall happy customer since the initial release, lol. When I ran apploader just now, it appears all the East Asia languages were still there for the choosing.
    At least the Language Files are selectable via Loader. Gad to hear that you are overall happy with the releases, let me know what you think of this one. It's MUCH better than the previous version 2 release.
    03-02-11 07:30 PM
    I can't wait to test it out on the newest leak for the 9700!
    beanctr10 likes this.
    03-02-11 07:59 PM
    Hope you don't mind if I put this into my next hybrid
    03-02-11 08:53 PM
    No, go ahead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-02-11 08:55 PM
    Downloaded, seems so far to work ok! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    03-02-11 09:38 PM
    Yes everything works now. IF you could just fix that language thing withthe japanes fonts it'd e awesome
    worsy likes this.
    03-02-11 09:46 PM
    Seems "snappier."

Thanks for the update! 2.0 was shrinking out my default ringtones even when I still wanted them in, this one seems to have resolved that issue. This seems like an excellent program so far.
    03-02-11 11:46 PM
    Seems "snappier."
    Isn't this the general concensus when anything havng to do with a RIM product comes out with an update...

Thanks though. The last couple of weeks have been rough working on this as a side project to the rest of my life. My wife is happy I'm finally "done" with it. Little does she know that as long as there are new OS leaks, there will always be updates...
    blackthesoul likes this.
    03-03-11 01:15 AM
    Thanks a ton! I must be missing something (I have never used BB Boss before), but if I want to shrink an already installed OS, don't I just need to check what I want to remove and click Direct Shrink on Phone? I'm getting a "Failed to execute javaloader.exe -u enum : 2." message.
    03-03-11 11:21 AM
    Do you have DM installed? It's needed for the USB drivers. Check the BB Boss folder in your program files folder and make sure that javaloader was installed correctly into that folder.

03-03-11 12:42 PM
    Do you have DM installed? It's needed for the USB drivers. Check the BB Boss folder in your program files folder and make sure that javaloader was installed correctly into that folder.

Edit: I must have removed something when I uninstalled 2.0. Reinstalled and seems to be working now.

Latest DM is installed, but does it need to be running when I run BB Boss? Where do I find the javaloader to make sure it's installed correctly? Sorry about the dumb questions.
    Last edited by eykhong; 03-03-11 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Figured it out
    03-03-11 03:49 PM
    Awesome program, loving it!
    03-03-11 07:46 PM
    I have 6.0.0.480 installed on my 9780. I'd like to overwrite or remove and replace the bluetooth modules with the bluetooth modules from 6.0.0.359 if possible. I downloaded 6.0.0.359 to my computer, how can I locate the .359 bluetooth modules and install them on my device? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    03-03-11 09:33 PM
    I have 6.0.0.480 installed on my 9780. I'd like to overwrite or remove and replace the bluetooth modules with the bluetooth modules from 6.0.0.359 if possible. I downloaded 6.0.0.359 to my computer, how can I locate the .359 bluetooth modules and install them on my device? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    The easiest way to do this is going to be to select the .359 build from the drop down menu and select ONLY Bluetooth File Transer from the advanced menu and click modify. Only the bluetooth files will be "removed" from the .359 build, effectivly seperating them from the rest of the build for you.

Now, plug your phone into the USB cord, select the "Phone File System" page, press connect to connect to the phone and hit Load Cods To Phone.

Navigate to the build folder (c:\program files\common files\Research in motion\shared\loader files\%your .359 build%\Java\RemovedFiles)

The only files that should be in here at this point are the Bluetooth files. Select them all and hit OK. This will load them to the phone and reboot automatically for you.

Once the reboot is done, you're all set.
    DawgMan likes this.
    03-03-11 10:21 PM
    I'm not a fan of the renaming of the EXE files, seems I have 3 different installations of the program - this new one wanted to to use a different folder, too! Different versions are all well and good - but some consistency in the folder\filename structure would be good.

The nag screen is way to repetative for my liking - even though I don't use PayPal (1 reason preventing me from registering) the constant nagging just annoys me to the point of not bothering to use your program. As a (VB/.Net) programmer myself, I understand why you're doing it but perhaps restrict some of the features and reduce the nag timer?

But, as a program - it's a brilliant tool and unless you're able to use Google Checkout or I can get a friend to Paypoo you - I won't be registering. This may sound like quite a dig at you but just trying to be helpful
    03-04-11 04:54 AM
    I'm not a fan of the renaming of the EXE files, seems I have 3 different installations of the program - this new one wanted to to use a different folder, too! Different versions are all well and good - but some consistency in the folder\filename structure would be good.

The nag screen is way to repetative for my liking - even though I don't use PayPal (1 reason preventing me from registering) the constant nagging just annoys me to the point of not bothering to use your program. As a (VB/.Net) programmer myself, I understand why you're doing it but perhaps restrict some of the features and reduce the nag timer?

But, as a program - it's a brilliant tool and unless you're able to use Google Checkout or I can get a friend to Paypoo you - I won't be registering. This may sound like quite a dig at you but just trying to be helpful
    I am actually using the paypal merchant services, so you do not have to be a paypal member to donate. They accept all major cards, including debit cards, and I never see any of the card info, just the receipt for the transaction. I use this just for this reason.

Future versions will be named the same.

03-04-11 09:19 AM
    BB Boss 2.2 built was great. when i used 1.1 my free memory after installation of 3rd party apps was 285mb. when i used 2.2 my free memory after installation of 3rd party apps (No changes of apps), my free memory was 304mb. i dunno how its happened. to show my appreciation to u guys, i donated twice.. well done. thank you
    03-04-11 10:31 PM
    Guys, just a heads up, I found a bug...if you want to delete WordToGo, you have to do it manually. If you delete all the languages, then there are only 3 files of it left. When I wrote the code, I screwed up on the names when I put it in. The next update will have it fixed. No one has noticed it yet besides me, so apparently it's not a big deal.

Guatiao and sbmd like this.
    03-04-11 10:48 PM
331 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD