Is the streaming media player issue fixed when you minimize the browser to the background, the audio stops playing?
    10-31-08 11:35 PM
    I'm jealous. Just wokeup on my friends floor from a lonnnng night wishing I was home to update!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 08:09 AM
    The stand by annoying thing is still there when you press the phone, menu, back or end keys.
    11-01-08 10:19 AM
    Of course, when i get home the link no longer works =/
    can someone email it to me? PM for e-mail please!!!
    11-01-08 10:27 AM
    You don't need link. You just need to google it

blackberry 4.5.0.97 cdma
    11-01-08 10:45 AM
    I've been googleing for the past hour and still haven't found anything. Media fire isn't working anymore.

11-01-08 11:06 AM
    I just tried it and it's still working. Check your pm.
    11-01-08 11:20 AM
    i definitely still have the speakerphone issue and video camera autoflash issue as well.
    11-01-08 11:28 AM
    After an event last night i found that the speakerphone issue is present and im having a bit of a memory leak.
    11-01-08 11:56 AM
    Memory leak--after 48 hours, lots of usage, and adding Blackberry Maps, file free is down to 40 mb.

Still no sign of the speakerphone glitch.
    11-01-08 12:41 PM
    I finally updated. Ik found out that my Sprint network card was the reason I kept getting errors when going to that page so I downloaded the O.S with Opera and copied it from my BlackBerry to my computer and installed it that way. But I use to regulalrly have 32bytes of free mem now I'm at 44k bytes awesome

11-02-08 06:12 AM
    Ack! Heard the speakerphone problem once yesterday.

It's not gone.
    11-02-08 07:50 AM
    Ack! Heard the speakerphone problem once yesterday.

It's not gone.
    Yeah me too. It's probably always there. The time you don't hear it is probably because there's no noise coming from the other person.
    11-02-08 11:59 AM
    I am using version 4.5.0.66 on my Curve. Will I notice any difference if I download and install .97? I am not having any problems with .66 and am wondering if I should leave well enough alone.
    11-02-08 02:44 PM
    I am using version 4.5.0.66 on my Curve. Will I notice any difference if I download and install .97? I am not having any problems with .66 and am wondering if I should leave well enough alone.
    here at crackberry we upgrade the OS even if it's not broken and working fine.... lol...
    11-02-08 04:19 PM
    I agree with Sose! Haha
    But as long as you have a backup then you have nothing to worry about. And you'll find yourself with about 10 thousand extra bytes of memory and the phones more responsive and the speakerphone blast when answering isn't as bad

11-02-08 04:23 PM
    Well I think I might give it a shot. I backup everything and take it from there. Going from 4.3 to 4.5 was painless, so what the heck, time to bump my version up a bit. Thanks for the input. Only took me 10 months after joining to make my first post.......LOL. Not that I haven't been getting a LOT of information from the forums. Always much appreciated.
    11-02-08 04:30 PM
    Whoaa 10 months? Haha awesome. Good luck upgrading! Not that you'll need it lol

11-02-08 04:33 PM
    Crackberry members MUST have the latest and greatest. Thats why I'm using 4.5.0.97, not because I need it but because I can.
    11-02-08 04:46 PM
    Ok!

I now have 4.5.0.97 installed. Installation was smooth, no problems or error messages. Appears to be stable. No known issues to speak of at the moment. Here's a snappy of my options>about screen:

If any issues arise, I'll post them in this thread.
    11-02-08 05:37 PM
    My installation also went smooth. No problems so far and I don't really see any problems happening with this version, especially from what I have read so far. I went from .66 to .97. I guess i'll see in the next few days how things go. If anything happens i'll make sure to let everyone know. I never had the speakerphone problem before. The big reason I went from 4.3 to 4.5 was for HTML email and now that I have that, any small improvement is just a bonus for me.
    11-02-08 07:47 PM
    i've had .97 for a few days now and at first i did not have the speaker phone problem that i had every single incoming call with .77

but now it happens on about every incoming call...

i feel like things are faster
    i did a full wipe before install
    even removing carrier themes and other little things
    11-03-08 02:43 AM
    I've been running .97 for 3 or 4 days with no issues at all.
    11-03-08 08:41 AM
    Still have the problem where the person on the other end hears a very strange and loud noise as soon as I answer the phone. I don't always get the "speakerphone" issue when I answer but everytime I answer the phone the person on the other end says "wow, what was that noise?".

I can't believe that RIM can't fix this problem!!

Or is there a chance that it is being caused by some 3rd party app that most of us are running? Has anyone looked into this possibiilty?
    11-03-08 09:30 AM
    Still have the problem where the person on the other end hears a very strange and loud noise as soon as I answer the phone. I don't always get the "speakerphone" issue when I answer but everytime I answer the phone the person on the other end says "wow, what was that noise?".

I can't believe that RIM can't fix this problem!!

Or is there a chance that it is being caused by some 3rd party app that most of us are running? Has anyone looked into this possibiilty?

no kidding, and even the autoflash on the video camera. i mean they fixed these issues for 4.3, why can't they do it now???
    11-03-08 09:42 AM
179 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD