I'm going to love showing my iphone friends how my phone is not just a toy! I'm really going to love all the "what kind of phone is that?" questions and the "I wish my iphone did that" responses. Whoo hoo storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 05:34 PM
    Same as above, long time reader, just made first post the other day. I think I'm going to love having a smart phone in general, and getting to start off on such a slick one is going to be freaking awesome.
    10-02-08 05:56 PM
    I don't get the big deal over the resolution, like you state and what was stated in the minute with mike video. It's "unofficial" resolution specs are almost the same as the iPhones. I think everyone was hoping for VGA or better.

Not that I wont be happy with it how it is, because I will!
    You don't have to get "it". My point is is the best screen res of any Blackberry device besides the Javelin. it's better than the Bold's, and even Iphone users acknowledge the Bold's screen looks better than the Iphones. You can say "unofficial" all you want. I'm looking at it, so it's "Official" to me.

Edit: So it's not good enough that it's better than the Iphones? You people amaze me. It's freakn 3 times better than that of your Pearl, but still wishing it was better. Wow.
    10-02-08 06:09 PM
    You don't have to get "it". My point is is the best screen res of any Blackberry device besides the Javelin. it's better than the Bold's, and even Iphone users acknowledge the Bold's screen looks better than the Iphones. You can say "unofficial" all you want. I'm looking at it, so it's "Official" to me.

Edit: So it's not good enough that it's better than the Iphones? You people amaze me. It's freakn 3 times better than that of your Pearl, but still wishing it was better. Wow.
    Again, back to what RJ and I were saying: people will never be satisfied with anything, and will continue to pick apart every little detail of this device.

10-02-08 06:13 PM
    Again, back to what RJ and I were saying: people will never be satisfied with anything, and will continue to pick apart every little detail of this device.

I agree with those people though! Until I have a phone that can teleport me to where I want to go, and finish my sentences for me, they will never be good enough...
    10-02-08 06:21 PM
    I guess people aren't allowed to voice their opinions on these forums.

The fact that it doesn't have a VGA screen doesn't really bother me, what does bother me is saying it has "one of the highest resolution screens" when there's already devices out that have VGA rez or better. That's kind of a lie.
    10-02-08 07:07 PM
    Done Lurkin"! I'm going to love the fact that the Storm has a much better battery life, won't have to constantly be reset and not quite the brick that the xv6700 that I currently have is.
    10-02-08 07:11 PM
    How about a screen big enough to actualy
    be able to see and read E-mail attachments. Thats just one thing I know I will love.
    10-02-08 07:25 PM
    All I care about is the internet mobility. I'm somewhat wary about it in the minute with mike video. If you notice in the high quality vid when the finger scrolls the webpage is looks similar to the scroll of the voyager. That's the only thing I'm really weirded out about. Everything else is perfect actually. The voyager was a piece of crap, no joke. The scrolling on it was very choppy and I really hope it's not like that on the storm. I'd like to see it "glide" when scrolling around. If it does, the Iphone is going to lose some customers to the blackberry's functionality.
    10-02-08 07:32 PM
    I'm going to love the screen, the option for QWERTY or Suretype option, Camera and the Removable Memory and Battery. That damn MePhone can't do that! Mwahaha
    10-02-08 07:46 PM
    I'm gonna love getting phone numbers from all the hot girls like Jenay after they see my Storm. LOL.
    10-02-08 08:16 PM
    what does bother me is saying it has "one of the highest resolution screens" when there's already devices out that have VGA rez or better. That's kind of a lie.
    I assume you're referring to my, so don't mis-represent what I said. The Storm does have a higher screen resolution than any other Blackberry on the market. Needless to say, it's screen res is higher than that of the Bold, and the Bold's screen was touted as better than that of the Iphone's which was dubbed "best ever". So once again, the Storm has a higher screen res than any other Blackberry device on the market.
    10-02-08 08:44 PM
    I'm going to LOVE not obsessively checking websites for trickles of information.
    10-02-08 08:52 PM
    I assume you're referring to my, so don't mis-represent what I said. The Storm does have a higher screen resolution than any other Blackberry on the market. Needless to say, it's screen res is higher than that of the Bold, and the Bold's screen was touted as better than that of the Iphone's which was dubbed "best ever". So once again, the Storm has a higher screen res than any other Blackberry device on the market.
    What is the difference between HVGA and VGA? More specifically, how is the Bold's res better than Iphone's if it's 480x320 just like the Iphone's? 480x360 gives the storm those extra 40 lines and I'll bet it'll make a nice difference.
    10-02-08 08:53 PM
    What is the difference between HVGA and VGA? More specifically, how is the Bold's res better than Iphone's if it's 480x320 just like the Iphone's? 480x360 gives the storm those extra 40 lines and I'll bet it'll make a nice difference.
    The Bold's resolution is better because of the smaller screen.
    10-02-08 09:05 PM
    What!?

10-02-08 09:07 PM
    This is the phone all BB users have been waiting for since the Iphone came out
    10-02-08 09:13 PM
    I meant the Bold over the iphone.
    10-02-08 09:14 PM
    So does that mean that the ppi goes up as the same resolution gets fitted into a physically smaller screen?
    10-02-08 09:15 PM
    So does that mean that the ppi goes up as the same resolution gets fitted into a physically smaller screen?
    Yes. It does. The Bold has 220+ ppi. iPhone has around 170 or so. I don't remember exactly. Anyways, the Storm has higher ppi than the iPhone because of slightly higher resolution with a slightly smaller screen.
    10-02-08 09:23 PM
    Ok, before this goes any further, I just want to clarify that I love this phone so far and I don't have any complaints. I'll be one of the first in line to order it when it becomes available.

What bothers me though is inaccurate claims like the Storm having "one of the highest resolutions in the wireless industry", which was said in the minute with mike video. If the screen is in fact 480 x 360, then that is simply not a true claim, which bothers me only because its false, not because I won't be happy with the screen or device itself.

When you made a comment about loving the resolution, I sort of linked the two statements together when I shouldn't have, which I apologize for. Now let's all get back to anticipating this sweet little device
    10-02-08 09:25 PM
    Honestly, I might just stick with the Curve. But if I get the Storm, I'm most excited about the webkit browser and all the new apps! Crucial, you say the TSI's not that bad?
    10-02-08 09:27 PM
    Hi, Crackberry Addicts! I've been a long time lurker for a while now. At the moment I am on T-mobile network since dec 07. At first I did want an iphone but I never gave in to the evils that AT&T is and never converted. My 1st blackberry was a 8100 pearl, the keyboard was simple but yet complicated at first.

Now I am still with T-Mobile planning to switch to the best RIM product has released its own TouchBerry the 9500/30 Storm. I **THINK** the phone will convert alot of iphone users who was wid VZW back to their network again and maybe cause some major monkey wrench into apples plan. But I do like some Apple Products just unlreliable ones such as the iphone. Which is only due to the problem that it should have everything as a Blackberry has. SO VZW BRING THE STORM TO BOSTON!!! lol sorry...
    10-02-08 09:28 PM
    Saying it's "one of the highest in the industry" isn't saying it is the best. So technically it's not a lie. But I agree, I'm ready for this phone too.
    K, perhaps not a lie, but more like a huge stretch
    10-02-08 09:42 PM
    The storm has a ppi = 185 rounded up

Iphone's ppi is 163

The Bold's screen is actually sharper than what the storm will have with a 217 ppi.

Can't say I'm unhappy with 185 on the storm. The iphone does look pretty cool and to think that the storm will be sharper than that is just fine. I can just imagine how cool the Bold's screen is. I haven't seen it for myself.
    10-02-08 09:50 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD