no you dont even have to do that .. just go to OPTIONS>ADVANCE OPTIONS> APPLICATIONS> HIGHLIGHT APP YOU WANT DELETED> CLICK BLACKBERRY BUTTON> CLICK DELETE !
    11-23-08 07:38 AM
    Other than VVM and VZN what else did everyone delete?

This is my first BB, I'm paranoid that I will screw up removing programs. Is it just as simple as, connect the device to Desktop Manager and remove the program through DM? Then do a reboot? Is it that simple?
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Select App > BB menu > Delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:38 AM
    Sorry, that must have showed up right after I typed my message
    Last edited by windnsea26; 11-23-08 at 07:45 AM.
    11-23-08 07:39 AM
    How do you delete the visual voicemail?
    .... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ USE THE METHOD ABOVE !
    11-23-08 07:43 AM
    Other than VVM and VZN what else did everyone delete?

This is my first BB, I'm paranoid that I will screw up removing programs. Is it just as simple as, connect the device to Desktop Manager and remove the program through DM? Then do a reboot? Is it that simple?
    it is but you have to have the os downloaded to your pc first. the dm reboots it for you when its through.
    11-23-08 07:45 AM
    Hello sooks and all of my fellow crack addicts. I have been playing with my
    storm so its been a while since my last post. I use vznav and visual voice mail but one thing I made sure I did was download max mem and delete the things I don't need like voice activate dialing and mds. My phone is lag free. Hopefully this will work for you peeps who use these two apps and want a lag free os. And sooks sorry to hear that you are having problems. That's gotta suck.

what is mds?
    11-23-08 07:46 AM
    why would you ever remove visual voice mail, it's freakin wonderful!
    11-23-08 08:32 AM
    is it better than free youmail?
    11-23-08 08:39 AM
    I deleted VM and freed about 10 MB of memory
    11-23-08 08:47 AM
    No Way on deleting "Visual Voice mail" it's fracking awsome , and for what it cost a month to have this Storm, whats a few more bucks to the VERIZION Charge you for everything conglomerate (No idea how to spell that) this one little program is well worth it !!
    11-23-08 08:51 AM
    Question: If I delete vz nav and visual voice mail, and decide I want them in the future where Do I go to reinstall them?
    11-23-08 08:53 AM
    Hello sooks and all of my fellow crack addicts. I have been playing with my
    storm so its been a while since my last post. I use vznav and visual voice mail but one thing I made sure I did was download max mem and delete the things I don't need like voice activate dialing and mds. My phone is lag free. Hopefully this will work for you peeps who use these two apps and want a lag free os. And sooks sorry to hear that you are having problems. That's gotta suck.

What is MAXMEM???? Sounds like something I need!!
    11-23-08 09:10 AM
    kingofhearts, how did the changes affect the performance of your accelerometer?
    doc
    11-23-08 09:11 AM
    Nice tip! When I went to delete VZN it said it was currently in use. But I never even used it. Hopefully this deletion will help my phone run better.
    11-23-08 09:19 AM
    For palm OS there is an app called uncache. It allows you to start only the apps you want started at boot time. The other apps only start if you use them.

Just thought you might want to see if there is something like that for blackberry for those who would like an alternative to deleting.
    11-23-08 09:26 AM
    kingofhearts, how did the changes affect the performance of your accelerometer?
    doc
    If you get an answer let me know! My accelerometer is slow as all get out ....especially when I am low on battery power!
    11-23-08 09:28 AM
    So I should delete VZ NAV? and whatelse can I delete to make it faster.
    11-23-08 09:45 AM
    I want to delete VAD but have no clue as to how. BUt I did take of the games, help, task, video, never installed VVM nor did i install VZ Nav. The only lag is in starting up the camera, but I guess that will be fix with the updated OS.
    11-23-08 09:46 AM
    I want to delete VAD but have no clue as to how. BUt I did take of the games, help, task, video, never installed VVM nor did i install VZ Nav. The only lag is in starting up the camera, but I guess that will be fix with the updated OS.
    you have to manually delete vad. go here on your pc C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.65_P4.0.0.82\Java
    then look for the vad files. instead of deleting these files move them to a seperate folder that you make(might make a folder on your desktop) in case you remove something that makes your phone wacky,then you can put it back.
    be very careful when doing this....you can screw something up!
    11-23-08 10:01 AM
    Thanks Sooooooooo much...

I deleted VZN and VVM and noticed an immediate and significant difference in overall speed. My accelerometer now consistently changes in 1-2 seconds. Believe it or not, my camera works MUCH better now too. I use the right convenience key for it and it now activates and is ready to take a picture within 2 seconds.

BTW, I also deleted some memory hogs by using maxmem, such as VAD, other languages, etc. FYI, I now have 42.0MB in app memory and 874.9 in device memory.
    11-23-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks Sooooooooo much...

I deleted VZN and VVM and noticed an immediate and significant difference in overall speed. My accelerometer now consistently changes in 1-2 seconds. Believe it or not, my camera works MUCH better now too. I use the right convenience key for it and it now activates and is ready to take a picture within 2 seconds.

BTW, I also deleted some memory hogs by using maxmem, such as VAD, other languages, etc. FYI, I now have 42.0MB in app memory and 874.9 in device memory.
    maxmem is kinda weird... when you connect back to dm app loader it adds your deleted stuff back
    11-23-08 10:04 AM
    What is MaxMem?
    11-23-08 10:05 AM
    What is MaxMem?
    Its a 3rd party application that per blackberrytrade.com:

"Frees up to 5MB of memory on your BlackBerry no matter what the type! Not only does it release memory, you will also feel a slight increase in response time. MaxMem will remove apps, themes, and files in your BlackBerry that you don�t use.

It does remove Voice Activated Dialing, Push to talk, and quite a few other pesky applications.

You can download it in the Apps section OTA by loading mobile.blackberrytrade.com on your device.

Installation Instructions

NOTE: To avoid data loss in case of error, such as accidentally deleting currently used theme, do a BlackBerry database back up using Desktop Manager. Most errors on the BlackBerry can be restored using Desktop Manager.

MaxMem will remove VAD and a few other things from your device, BUT when you use DM for anything it re-installs VAD and everything else you removed. Therefore we recommend that you leave MaxMem installed on your device so you can easily run the MaxMem process again after using the App Loader."
    11-23-08 10:23 AM
    i deleted VZ NAV but it still slow..
    11-23-08 10:36 AM
    Apparently a Verizon rep updated one of the lagging Storms in his store to
    v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)and it no longer lags. I know most people have .65 but the platform update made the difference apparently.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - Criticisms Officially Retracted...
    11-23-08 10:40 AM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD