So has anyone come up with a way to resolve the error message some storms are getting after recording anything on the video camera. It will save the file But when I go to try and play it, it gives me an error message and does not play! Any ideas on how to fix it. Other than that I love the phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 01:32 AM
    Some have found improvement in telling the camera to save data to the device rather than the storage card.

12-13-08 01:59 AM
    I saw a post on the blackberry.com support site suggesting a work around by exiting the camera application as soon as you click the pause button to end recording.. and then play the video through the media app. works for me.
    12-13-08 02:04 AM
    This was covered in another thread.
    For those who are receiving the "media being played is an unsupported format, see the following support page: Playing a video on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone results in the error message media being played is an unsupported format
    12-13-08 02:11 AM
    Thanks! Ill give it a try.

12-13-08 02:23 AM
    I saw a post on the blackberry.com support site suggesting a work around by exiting the camera application as soon as you click the pause button to end recording.. and then play the video through the media app. works for me.
    a version of this method seems to work for me. as soon as i record a video, i stop the recorder and playback the video from within the video recorder app right away. somehow that helps with saving and being able to replay the video at a later time.

doesn't work all the time, but most of the time.
    Last edited by BzB; 12-13-08 at 09:26 AM.
    12-13-08 09:22 AM
    This was covered in another thread.
    dont post crap like this. if it was already covered in another thread, move along, dont read it...and dont come off as a pompous a@@
    12-13-08 10:03 AM
    dont post crap like this. if it was already covered in another thread, move along, dont read it...and dont come off as a pompous a@@

I think that was posted in another thread as well..

JK

If i record directly to the memory card, then i cannot get past 16sec without it freezing my phone.

If i record to the onboard memory then im fine.

I heard that this was not an issue with the original firmware.

I hope BB fixes it along with the media player seek bar, along with the slow menu icons scrolling.

Happy so far, this is the best sounding phone, that i have had in ... umm.. since ever. Although the bluetooth is ok, not quite as good as my old G1.

12-13-08 01:38 PM
    i think people are getting tired of all the BB newbs posting the same old questions without doing a search first. It would be cool if the admin could write a script that forced people with 10 or less posts to have a search pop up everytime they try to post. Then they could search or post a real message. hmmmm
    12-13-08 01:40 PM
    people people people ... be nice lol.... hes a fellow crack addict
    12-13-08 01:44 PM
    Whaaaa.....if lazy asses like you would learn to search nobody would have to post "crap" like this. What exactly did you contribute to this thread? Oh yeah...nothing. At least I provided a link with information to help with the OP's problem, not more whiny bs like your wasted post.
    12-15-08 01:47 AM
    OK well this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/viewC...7020&sliceId=1 might work but my video hangs at about 40 seconds in and does not allow me to Pause, Menu,Menu and sellect the video as it is hung!

Piece of crap video HW and SW. Then 2 minutes later it reboots and I have to wait 5 minutes to come back up. Fine piece of technology here.

Do they have a workaround for the workaround?????
    12-27-08 03:47 AM
    Do they have a workaround for the workaround?????
    Hate to say it but we'll probably just have to wait for the fix via a future OS update. There's no doubt they're working on it, just a question of when we'll get it.
    12-27-08 03:56 AM
    Just FYI I tried switching to the device memory from the memory card and I still
    get both the unsupported format message and also get the
    Hang of the STORM followed by a reboot of the OS after about
    4 minutes hang. Then the storm takes another 5 minutes to boot after
    the reboot starts. So a simple video record results in a unuseable storm
    for about 9 to 10 mimutes.

I wish they would hurry up and fix this.

Last edited by bbstorm4me; 01-02-09 at 04:35 PM.
    01-02-09 04:32 PM
    my storm will record and play videos but not pass the 38 secondes mark.
    i've tried saving on the card and device with no luck, it freezes every time it gets to the 39 seconde mark, then i have to do a battery pull to reboot...
    01-02-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD