They day I woke up and saw hose icons on my phone I raised ****. I called verizon and told them it was a violation of my privacy. You can argue if you want to, but that is no different than coming into my house and leaving an advertisement on my coffee table. If they want to inform me of a new product they can send me a text or an email, but if I tell them I don't want to receive those they should respect that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 05:09 PM
    ^Yet there's ample time to complain about people complaining. That's comical! Talk about irony and contradiction. Kinda like when someone posts "no comment" in response to something.

Gotta love it when others feel the need to chime in and tell people what they should and should not take issue with. Again, comical. Here's to hoping your load lightens a bit and things are much less hectic for you.
    I really like this post, great response.

I also wanted to throw this in, with the ability to send us free text messages at their leisure, this is VZW showing us how small we are.

I fully agree that we are indeed a driving force, and if we all yell together they will hear us. (sorry if it sounded like I was trying to be Mel Gibson in Brave Heart not my intention).
    07-13-09 05:23 PM
    I agree with the compliant as well. My issue with vzw has always been how they attempt to lock you into their program by blocking features, etc. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one and that things are changing.
    07-13-09 05:29 PM
    Eh, why are people complaining here for?

Wonder if those business folks across the pond at AT&T are complaining about that App Store Apple forces on them.
    07-13-09 05:46 PM
    I don't see those icons as any different than any other program that comes with the phone. And I personally like songID, it comes in very handy. Just my 2 cents
    07-13-09 07:58 PM
    verizon sent me a text message telling me how much my bill is.....OH MY GOD. I FEEL VIOLATED!! HOW CAN I LIVE IN A WORLD LIKE THIS??? LETS SHOW THE WORLD OUR DRIVING FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 07-13-09 at 10:14 PM.
    07-13-09 10:09 PM
    verizon sent me a text message telling me how much my bill is.....OH MY GOD. I FEEL VIOLATED!! HOW CAN I LIVE IN A WORLD LIKE THIS??? LETS SHOW THE WORLD OUR DRIVING FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Maybe JRSCCivic98 is really the second coming of Jim Jones,and will soon be passing out the kool-aid to all of her followers.J/K
    07-13-09 10:18 PM
    True. Because usually when someone posts something like this all you hear is...

Ummm wrong section moron...this is a rant.

07-13-09 10:22 PM
    I totally agree with the pushed content spam. I also disagree about those icons not taking up space. It's no different than having a shortcut on you desktop PC; that icon is another 1KB of space on a PC. So how would this be any different? Even 500B used would bother my OCDness.

07-13-09 11:18 PM
    Have anyone called CS to ask about it?

I called today and the guy just told me that it was impossible for VZW to do such seem . I told him I wasn't the only one with the same thing, and he just went to talk about maybe doing a master reset, blah, blah blah.

I guess VZW doesn't know what their potential
    07-16-09 10:19 PM
    Have anyone called CS to ask about it?

I called today and the guy just told me that it was impossible for VZW to do such seem . I told him I wasn't the only one with the same thing, and he just went to talk about maybe doing a master reset, blah, blah blah.

I guess VZW doesn't know what their potential
    You didn't speak with the right CS person. When you call and the automated attendant asks what you want, be sure to specify BLACKBERRY. That puts you to someone that should know something about a Blackberry. If the CS doesn't know what you're talking about, ask to be escalated to a supervisor or Level 2 support. Trust me, you push enough (in a calm way) and you can get things done. No, they won't modify your BIS profile to keep the VPLs from happening while you hold, but they'll log call after call about such complaints and eventually they will understand that we don't want the advertisement. BTW, they don't send VPLs to large corporate customers... just FYI.
    07-16-09 10:27 PM
    You didn't speak with the right CS person. When you call and the automated attendant asks what you want, be sure to specify BLACKBERRY. That puts you to someone that should know something about a Blackberry. If the CS doesn't know what you're talking about, ask to be escalated to a supervisor or Level 2 support. Trust me, you push enough (in a calm way) and you can get things done. No, they won't modify your BIS profile to keep the VPLs from happening while you hold, but they'll log call after call about such complaints and eventually they will understand that we don't want the advertisement. BTW, they don't send VPLs to large corporate customers... just FYI.

Ya the company I work for is one of RIM's top 5 customers, and I've never gotten anything pushed thankfully.

07-16-09 11:15 PM
    Has nothing to do with customer size, just that the phone is active on BES not BIS.
    07-16-09 11:27 PM
    What happens if you disallow wap push applications? (options>advanced options>browser push)

07-16-09 11:51 PM
    Has nothing to do with customer size, just that the phone is active on BES not BIS.
    Negative. Some of the customers in question are corporate accounts, but DO NOT have BES. Yes, I know with BES you can control wich VPLs get pushed and which don't, that's not the case here.
    07-16-09 11:53 PM
    If I wanted it, I would download it, and I dont want it.
    I agree. Just When I get my room the way I like it, they have to come change something... For me its kind of like that.

07-17-09 12:03 AM
    If I wanted it, I would download it, and I dont want it.
    I second that, it is just annoying and it messes with my OCD, lol
    07-17-09 01:30 AM
    I totally agree with the pushed content spam. I also disagree about those icons not taking up space. It's no different than having a shortcut on you desktop PC; that icon is another 1KB of space on a PC. So how would this be any different? Even 500B used would bother my OCDness.

HaHa, this is ME!!
    So how do we get rid of these? I tried to delete and nothing so I had to hide them. I also looked through the DM and apploader while updating my OS and nothing.
    07-17-09 01:38 AM
    OK it is late so I don't want to read through all 60+ posts.
    All you have to do to make sure they don't come back is to go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser Push: VERY last entry is Browser WAP Push... UNcheck the box, save and exit. No go to your service books (Options > Advanced Options > Service Books: DELETE the VZWTones and/or SongID entry(ies). They won't come back after you restart any longer, and future auto-pushed links won't come either.
    Problem solved... no hiding, no moving, and no reoccurence
    07-17-09 04:30 AM
    OK I stand corrected...
    Did that, and VZWTones Deluxe in fact did NOT come back... But Slacker did... and that is an app I definitely do NOT want.
    Now even I am annoyed.
    07-17-09 04:33 AM
    guess im not ocd enough for this thread, i just hide them and never look back
    07-17-09 08:56 AM
    OK I stand corrected...
    Did that, and VZWTones Deluxe in fact did NOT come back... But Slacker did... and that is an app I definitely do NOT want.
    Now even I am annoyed.
    Did you delete the slacker service book? I assume you did but you didn't mention it specifically.
    07-17-09 09:13 AM
    Absopositutely. I agree completely with Civic & Starjoy. This is my phone & I want it my way. I definately will be voicing my opinion.
    07-17-09 09:15 AM
    OK it is late so I don't want to read through all 60+ posts.
    All you have to do to make sure they don't come back is to go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser Push: VERY last entry is Browser WAP Push... UNcheck the box, save and exit. No go to your service books (Options > Advanced Options > Service Books: DELETE the VZWTones and/or SongID entry(ies). They won't come back after you restart any longer, and future auto-pushed links won't come either.
    Problem solved... no hiding, no moving, and no reoccurence
    Well unchecking Browser WAP Push would disable apps etc that I WANT to push info though if I am not mistaken. I like having the weather pushed to my homescreen If I am correct I disable that my weather on the homescreen stops working.

SO in this case still NOT good enough.
    07-17-09 09:16 AM
    That's probably because you're late with your payment!

On a serious note, you're not really comparing a txt message you received regarding monies owed for a service you're using to (essentially) what amounts to spam being delivered to the device to advertise the availability of an app that most people 1) already have or 2) probably aren't interested in, are you? Surely you see the difference here?

I'm getting more and more annoyed by Verizon's business practices. I'd wager that roughly 90% of all BB users are savy enough to know there are myriad applications out there for their devices and at least a handful of sites where they can get the apps they're interested in. This, to me, is almost like a VZW mentality that their smartphone users are ignorant and have no clue about their devices, available apps and how to download them.

I think the overall prevailing mentality concerning "pushed apps" or "advertisements" is people (most) don't want these and that we'll go out and download the applications we're actually interested in and want.
    07-17-09 10:33 AM
149 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD