How does one go about unlocking a Storm??

tia
    07-15-09 08:28 AM
    How does one go about unlocking a Storm??

tia
    Call vzw global service ask for the code.

The condition is that that your account in is good standing and that you have been with them for (60 days?? not sure of the exact time)

P.S, For more info please conduct a search; this topic is well documented.
    07-15-09 08:36 AM
    im going on vacation to portugal in 2 weeks. i already unlocked my verizon storm because i want to use a pre-paid sim card from there, and not the verizon global service.

but now im still a little bit confused with what i have to do for my phone to work over there.
    my question is. when i get to portugal all i need to do is insert a pre-paid SIM CARD from there?? and thats it??
    or i also need to change the settings on the phone etc.......??

hope somebody can clarify this for me.
    thank you
    07-15-09 09:25 AM
    im going on vacation to portugal in 2 weeks. i already unlocked my verizon storm because i want to use a pre-paid sim card from there, and not the verizon global service.

but now im still a little bit confused with what i have to do for my phone to work over there.
    my question is. when i get to portugal all i need to do is insert a pre-paid SIM CARD from there?? and thats it??

thank you
    Yes, assuming you phone IS unlocked, you'll just have to insert the PAYG SIM card and follow their instructions for activating it. Then you're good to go!

As far as settings, you'd want to make sure that you're either on GLOBAL or GSM for network settings. If it's on CDMA, it won't work.
    07-15-09 03:49 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slbcarlos

thank you

You may also want to turn off data services if the prepaid sim doesn't cover them
    07-15-09 04:17 PM
    thanks allot guys.
    07-15-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD