Ok so here's the deal. I have a BB Storm on Verizon currently and have been with Verizon since 1995 so have no problem getting an unlock code from Verizon.

I purchased a BB Storm with a Bad ESN off ebay with the intention of getting it unlocked so that I can give it to my girlfriend who is on TMobile.

I called Verizon today and got to the part where they give me the unlock code, I wrote it down, hung up the phone, and tried to put it in on the phone with the bad ESN and it returns saying 'code error'.

My question is: are these codes phone specific? If i was calling Verizon to get a code for the phone I have activated with them, would it not work on the phone that has the bad ESN? My assumption was that if you just had a code, and entered it on any phone, it would work. I though that is why people are selling codes on ebay and stuff.

Please help me with this! I need to get this phone unlocked asap!
    01-30-09 02:00 PM
    The codes are phone specific...be careful you only get like 3-4 chances at puting the code in
    01-30-09 02:02 PM
    You are going to have to pay for one of those unlock code services....Probably the only way to get it unlocked
    01-30-09 02:28 PM
    I buy all my unlock code from here eBay My World - protechmods

I dont know how stuff works with a bad ESN though. Im may not allow for a unlock code or it may. Its worth a shot for $20 though.
    01-30-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD