What exactly is meant by threaded SMS? This is my first BB and I didn't do much texting with my old phones.

Thanks
    06-18-09 06:52 AM
    SMS can only have 160 characters, to get more some systems/devices support "threaded SMS", or multi-page messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:57 AM
    SMS can only have 160 characters, to get more some systems/devices support "threaded SMS", or multi-page messages.

Threaded SMS turns text messages into chat type conversations, similar to instant messaging programs like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc. A "thread" is created for each person you're exchanging SMS's with. The back and forth messages are listed in a sequence. You have a thread, or conversation, for each person.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 06-18-09 at 07:06 AM.
    06-18-09 07:03 AM
    Thanks, I can see how that would be a great upgrade.
    06-18-09 07:05 AM
    Threaded SMS turns text messages into chat type conversations, similar to instant messaging programs like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc. A "thread" is created for each person you're exchanging SMS's with. The back and forth messages are listed in a sequence. You have a thread, or conversation, for each person.
    correct, has nothing to do with the char limit
    06-18-09 07:05 AM
    Oops, my misunderstanding. Thought otherwise, oh well my ignorance has been corrected by the others.

06-18-09 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD