i want a mobile i.m. app that uses your internet instead of sms.
    is there anything like that?
    08-08-09 07:07 PM
    Beejive is the best for this, but it does cost money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 07:10 PM
    All the apps on BB such as AIM, MSN, and google Talk all use data not TXT... so type away.
    08-08-09 07:11 PM
    i asked verizon and they said it takes away from my sms allowance
    08-08-09 07:14 PM
    Don't use Verizon's IM application. Use the ones listed above. They use DATA not text.
    08-08-09 07:32 PM
    All the apps on BB such as AIM, MSN, and google Talk all use data not TXT... so type away.
    None of these IM should use up your SMS.

08-08-09 08:58 PM
    i called verizon and the lady said they use up my sms's.
    call fo your self if you dont believe me
    08-08-09 09:09 PM
    i dont think this is true. I am pretty sure aim and yahoo use sms. If i am correct google talk uses data, and i think you can chat with aim people too on it.
    08-08-09 09:29 PM
    yeah i think your right ebongo91
    08-08-09 09:43 PM
    I use BeejiveIM for aim, Yahoo!, and MSN and it uses data.....
    08-08-09 09:50 PM
    Use instango. Its free and it uses less memory than having all three major ims installed ie yahoo,aim,msn. Only thing is it kinda drains ya battery a little faster.

08-08-09 10:10 PM
    No, they all use data not SMS.

08-08-09 10:29 PM
    so whats the best free all in one app ? also one that uses data
    08-08-09 10:41 PM
    i called verizon and the lady said they use up my sms's.
    call fo your self if you dont believe me
    Ive been using all of those listed on my Pearl, Storm and now my Tour... THEY DO NOT USE SMS, they USE DATA!!!! If you read the TOS for each when you install them you will clearly see thats the case.

If you are using a non BB it can and will use SMS.. My g/f EnV Touch uses SMS. It depends on the phone, but all BB's use Data for IM'S
    08-08-09 10:42 PM
    if you are not using a BB these programs will cost a txt with verizon. on my storm i have never been charged for txt with msn. another one to look at is google voice, which will send and recieve sms using data and not cost anything thru verizon. catch is that it is from your google voice number not your vzw number
    08-09-09 01:22 AM
    I know Google Talk uses data, I use google talk for work a lot and the wife and best friend and I use it to text back and forth a lot. I get a lot of use out of that app.
    08-09-09 04:49 AM
    so the app i should use iss.....instango?
    08-09-09 12:05 PM
    i downloaded instango and made a username and password and now it says its not authenticated or somthing..helpp?
    08-09-09 12:16 PM
    Rep at VZ told me if you use the ones that come withe phone its SMS. If you donload the same ones from there home site they use DATA - worked for me with WLM.

08-09-09 10:04 PM
    Ive been using all of those listed on my Pearl, Storm and now my Tour... THEY DO NOT USE SMS, they USE DATA!!!! If you read the TOS for each when you install them you will clearly see thats the case.

If you are using a non BB it can and will use SMS.. My g/f EnV Touch uses SMS. It depends on the phone, but all BB's use Data for IM'S
    Same here!!
    08-09-09 10:32 PM
    Rep at VZ told me if you use the ones that come withe phone its SMS. If you donload the same ones from there home site they use DATA - worked for me with WLM.

by home site what do you mean?
    08-10-09 10:40 AM
    Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry Browser and scroll to "IM & Social Networking". Download the apps from there.
    08-10-09 10:54 AM
    Sms = short message service which can be interpreted as data or texts. Reps count im clients as sms since it technically are sms.

08-10-09 11:03 AM
    ???????????
    08-10-09 07:49 PM
    Sms = short message service which can be interpreted as data or texts. Reps count im clients as sms since it technically are sms.

If every short message is an SMS then when I say "Hello" to people on the street I just lost an SMS from my bank with Verizon.
    08-10-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD