I work at a major professional service firm in the United States with relations with AT&T and Verizon. This notice was just placed on our intranet:

November 24th, $90 for corporate customers

Verizon Storm Available November 24: [Company] has finalized pricing with Verizon on the BlackBerry Storm. The Storm is Verizon's first BlackBerry that includes an integrated touch screen and supports the faster 3G network. This phone will be added to the BlackBerry Services page on [Company Intranet] on Monday, November 24. If you are eligible for a hardware upgrade, i.e, haven't upgraded devices within the prior 12 months, you can place your order using the BlackBerry Services link from the [Company Intranet] Work Shortcuts. To find out your current eligibility, please consult the BlackBerry Upgrade Eligibility Database. If you are eligible for the upgrade, [Company] will pay for the device and it will be allocated to your cost center. The [Company] price for the Storm will be approximately $90. If you are not eligible for an upgrade, you can use a personal credit card to purchase the device for the same price. [Company] staff will not be able to purchase the device directly from a Verizon store.
    11-12-08 10:55 AM

this spot for sale

nice and cheap, cant be TOO much more for regular customers right?
    11-12-08 10:57 AM
    Thanks for this info. While not official, sure looks unofficially official.
    11-12-08 10:57 AM
    I don't know how it typically works for corporate customers... but $90 even without upgrade eligibility? So can it really be $500+ for non corp customers???

Again..I don't know how it usually goes for corp customers... so if it that's something that usually happens, then nevermind..
    11-12-08 10:59 AM
    Thanks for this info. While not official, sure looks unofficially official.
    ha That's exactly what I was thinking. More and more point to the 24th. I hope that's right (or earlier). Thanks for the info, wrp.
    11-12-08 11:00 AM
    Glad I can finally give something back. My company definitely has some pull in this department and our IT department is on top of things, so I would take this as pretty accurate information.

I got further info that RIM gave Verizon a very stern warning that if they don't do well with this Storm release they won't be getting another exclusive phone. So the motivation is there to lower the prices.
    11-12-08 11:07 AM
    Glad I can finally give something back. My company definitely has some pull in this department and our IT department is on top of things, so I would take this as pretty accurate information.

I got further info that RIM gave Verizon a very stern warning that if they don't do well with this Storm release they won't be getting another exclusive phone. So the motivation is there to lower the prices.
    Thanks for the info...
    And I can say that I now have another good reason to get one. To further the cause of good relations between RIM and VZW..just doing my part...
    11-12-08 11:12 AM
    I think that their should now be a $25 dollar fee to use the word 'confirmed' on this website
    Last edited by Nisca; 11-12-08 at 11:18 AM.
    11-12-08 11:12 AM
    I think that their should now be a $25 dollar fee to use the word 'confirmed' on this website
    i think there should be a $25 dollar fee to those who don't know the difference between "there" and "their."
    11-12-08 11:24 AM
    i think there should be a $25 dollar fee to those who don't know the difference between "there" and "their."
    <highfive jpg>
    11-12-08 11:31 AM
    Confirmed: paid in full...nice one
    11-12-08 11:38 AM
    And sometimes "they're". - - also love "your", but in this case I think people truly don't know about "you're"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 11:39 AM
    A penny....oh.... I mean $25.00 for your thoughts!
    11-12-08 11:44 AM
    were I work we get discounts with Verzion and the are most what the phone will be after the rebate. we don't get rebate but that the price of the phone. we can get the pearl for $50, and the curve for $100 but that's the price everyone pays for it, so $90 sounds right!
    11-12-08 11:48 AM
    were I work we get discounts with Verzion and the are most what the phone will be after the rebate. we don't get rebate but that the price of the phone. we can get the pearl for $50, and the curve for $100 but that's the price everyone pays for it, so $90 sounds right!

hehe... looks like Spellcheck is kind of like the appendix....
    11-12-08 11:49 AM
    haha good one
    11-12-08 11:52 AM
    ...<sigh> "Where" not "were"
    11-12-08 12:01 PM

This means IMHO that VZW won't be so rigid letting existing customers
    that bought a phone say 6mos. or so ago letting people get this phone.
    I would be willing to VZW will relax their purchasing rules a lot so they
    get the numbers. Especially with those customers who have been around for a
    while. It's all about earnings baby; and believe it VZW wants to be back at number 1.
    Bank on it.....................
    11-12-08 12:03 PM
    This means IMHO that VZW won't be so rigid letting existing customers
    that bought a phone say 6mos. or so ago letting people get this phone.
    I would be willing to VZW will relax their purchasing rules a lot so they
    get the numbers. Especially with those customers who have been around for a
    while. It's all about earnings baby; and believe it VZW wants to be back at number 1.
    Bank on it.....................
    And with their acquisition of Alltel, they will be
    11-12-08 01:55 PM
    I work at a major professional service firm in the United States with relations with AT&T and Verizon. This notice was just placed on our intranet:

November 24th, $90 for corporate customers
    Does this mean if you put $90 on your own credit card, the phone is completely yours and you can do whatever you want to do with it? If so, can you get me one? I'll pay you the $90 plus and some extra...
    11-12-08 03:00 PM
    What is a corporate customer? If I get a company discount (i.e. my e-mail address/employment gets me 15% off my bill) will I get this corporate discount on the device?
    11-12-08 03:13 PM
    Thought the exact same thing.
    11-12-08 03:14 PM
    What is a corporate customer? If I get a company discount (i.e. my e-mail address/employment gets me 15% off my bill) will I get this corporate discount on the device?
    I believe that this price is for purchases by the company for the company phone numbers on the company bill. I get a discount for personal usage (monthly) but a bigger discount for company purchased equipment.
    11-12-08 05:48 PM
    I am LMOA
    11-12-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD