okay here it goes.i have a storm this is mysecond replacement.my comp doesnt read it as a harddrive.i canadd music and media by desktopmanager but i dont knowhow to get it recognized.my settings are set mass storage.on.n everything is correct.if i wipe the handheld and reload the os would this fix it.its done this on .148 .151 .167 so.its not an os thing can anyone help me?
    09-16-09 09:15 PM
    i will add a pic soon
    09-16-09 09:16 PM
    Can you use the device search wizard?
    09-16-09 09:21 PM
    It's probably not your phone. I have heard of people rebooting their computer and phone at the same time while plugged in. That seem s to work for some.
    09-16-09 09:22 PM
    Ill try rebooting both then.....the dumb vz rep at the store told me that it was my problem not theirs.n ill also try device wizard n see if t works ill post back to let u know what happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:34 PM
    I hope that works. Anybody else have some more suggestions in case sk8trix still has this error?
    09-16-09 09:48 PM
    well rebooted both still.nothing i.thin its this crappy refurb n now theyre giving mea hard time cause i have anunofficial os. i can live w this problem tho my screen aint failing.......still woul like tofind a fix i jeard theres a download that fixes this issue
    09-16-09 10:21 PM
    same problem here, gonna go to vzw store tomorrow to check it out...
    09-17-09 12:37 AM
    Hm... try it on a different computer maybe...

XP? Vista?
    09-17-09 01:04 AM
    I have tried on both

09-17-09 02:04 AM
    If you are saying that it wont show up as a selectable drive then yes there is a download for that. the thing about that is that is on another site that you have to register with in order to get it.

"http:\\forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=96938"

You just have to take the quotation marks off the url above
    09-17-09 03:47 AM
    i have two.computer vista and.onboth my other stormsworked its just this.one.dat.doesnt work n vzdodnt help.they wont even replace it.they said to take it up w rim.
    09-17-09 06:44 AM
    hm... and you did try installing the drivers from the cd that came with the phone? I don't remember having to do that, but it might help. Otherwise wiping and reinstalling .148 might be worth a try. trying another usb cable too... long shot, but ya never know...
    09-17-09 11:47 AM
    yea i dont know anymore its getting so upset...> ima backup and wipe the handheld and see what goes on.hopefully this will help me if not im going to take SOLO-WUN's advice and find that website and see what that does for me if not...oh well ill live with it as long as my storm is functional i cant complain my screen responds and everything is okay with it so this usb problem isnt the end for me.....arrrg...thanks tho guys apreciated
    09-17-09 03:03 PM
    Can you do bluetooth file transfer between the storm and computer? If all you want to do is transfer files, that may be a partial solution...
    09-17-09 04:03 PM
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    09-17-09 04:09 PM
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    This should definitely work. I have had to do this before.

09-17-09 05:39 PM
    I was in the same boat two days ago, just got a replacement and could not load media on it through the roxio or drag and drop. DM would work and roxio recognized phone but each time I tried to load video the load would hang then would fail. Windows file exlporer would not recognize the phone being connected though.This fixed it right away. Simple fix, just follow the directions. Now everything works as it should.
    09-18-09 12:40 PM
    Have you enable Mass Storage Mode under your memory options?
    09-18-09 01:05 PM
    worked like a charm, thanks guys
    09-20-09 04:09 AM
    yea everything is enambled im just going to do the pinstack thing that everyone advised it sounds easier.
    09-21-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD