Is there any apps out to help use the flash from the camera as a flashlight? I run alot of sound and do dj work and I really used that quite a bit during shows. I noticed some info on peekawho but I didn't see where anyone had stated that the flashlight worked well. I also have seen answers for using the video camers and having the setting to always on but that again doesn't work very well for what I'm trying to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 12:24 PM
    I saw something like that in the Crackberry Software store awhile back. Might check there.
    12-04-08 01:27 PM
    I was wondering the same thing.

For now I just use the video camera app with the light forced to stay on. Works fine but a free flashlight app would be nice.
    01-05-09 06:59 PM
    check out the thread listed above. I see you are new, so welcome. In the future, try to use the search tool on the forum, its a great way to find something you need to know, without starting a brand new thread.
    01-05-09 07:40 PM
    Thanks, but when I searched I found this thread so obviously I used the search feature since I did not create a new thread :P ....

And BTW I read about 1/2 of the links you posted and they all just say there is no flashlight app to use the flash for the light so you could have just said that. I figured out on my own that the video camera with flash set to always on would work, but it turns off when going from landscape to portrait mode so it is super annoying...
    Last edited by Justintoxicated; 01-05-09 at 08:24 PM.
    01-05-09 07:42 PM
    Justin,
    I think SaMasters post was aimed at the OP, not you.

Anyways, we would all like to see a flashlight app for the Storm, but for now we will have to settle with the video cam trick.
    01-05-09 08:44 PM
    Justin,
    I think SaMasters post was aimed at the OP, not you.

Anyways, we would all like to see a flashlight app for the Storm, but for now we will have to settle with the video cam trick.
    lol, yes, it was intended for the OP... but Welcome Justin, I see you are new also.

But... right, as of now, use the video camera flash... hopefully an app will be coming soon .
    01-06-09 12:12 AM
    I tried a "flashlight" app for the Curve. All it did was turn the screen to white. Sure, in a dark room it provided light, but the brighter, more focused light of the flash is much more useful.

Until someone makes a flashlight app that uses the video/flash light of the Blackberry, I'll just keep using my vid light forced "on". Works great, and my iPhone friends are surprised by it. They show me beer mug visuals and fancy graphics,and I use my Blacberry to find the keys they dropped and to call a towtruck when their phones are out-of-range. All works out well.
    01-06-09 04:21 AM
    Unfortunately, I checked the app store first. I saw what (I thought) I wanted, paid for it, and downloaded it... unfortunately, it was nothing more than turning the screen and LED different colors. What a waste. Until they come out with a program that uses the flash, I'm deleting that useless program, and using the damned video camera.
    01-08-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD