I just got my first Blackberry. (Storm 9530)
    When I set it to vibrate it vibrates and then rings. How can I stop that? Vibrate should mean vibrate not vibrate ring. haha - Oh and, Verizon has no clue.
    09-28-09 06:44 PM
    is this using the sounds(vibrate) sound profile built into the phone? if so that is known to have a glitch and the general consensus is create a custom profile and set everything manually to vibrate and use that instead.
    09-28-09 08:36 PM
    is this using the sounds(vibrate) sound profile built into the phone? if so that is known to have a glitch and the general consensus is create a custom profile and set everything manually to vibrate and use that instead.
    okay, so when I go back to the Loud setting will I still hear my pre-set contact ringtones?
    09-28-09 09:01 PM
    yes, you'll hear whatever you set
    09-28-09 09:02 PM
    Thank you. I'm going to try that right now. Let you know in a few minutes.
    09-28-09 09:11 PM
    yes, you'll hear whatever you set
    Okay, I created a custom profile. Selected silent and vibrate on for everything. It's still doing the vibrate & ring crud. What did I do wrong?
    09-28-09 09:20 PM
    I have never heard of that bug. But for me, when this happens it is because I set the contact alerts wrong.
    If you go into contact alerts select each contact and check to see if you set their volume to any number. They should be set to "ACTIVE PROFILE" this means that it will ring as loud as whatever profile it is set to.
    This is usually the problem I run into. If not, then you configured your vibrate setting wrong. The vibrate setting sounds should all be set to silent
    09-28-09 09:20 PM
    I have never heard of that bug. But for me, when this happens it is because I set the contact alerts wrong.
    If you go into contact alerts select each contact and check to see if you set their volume to any number. They should be set to "ACTIVE PROFILE" this means that it will ring as loud as whatever profile it is set to.
    This is usually the problem I run into. If not, then you configured your vibrate setting wrong. The vibrate setting sounds should all be set to silent
    YOU ARE DA BOMB!!!!! We have been trying to fix this all day!!! verizon had no clue.
    09-28-09 09:25 PM
    YOU ARE DA BOMB!!!!! We have been trying to fix this all day!!! verizon had no clue.
    you're welcome, glad I could help
    09-28-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD