So, as of lately my screen has become almost non-responsive, phone has been resetting, freezing and lagging. They tell me they are sending me a refurb (they tried to convince me that it can be a new phone that someone just didnt' want within their 30 days), which they ship to the wrong address. Once I receive the "new" phone it doesn't working with syncing to the computer. So, now they are sending me another refurb, which they said I may not have until Tuesday when I ordered last night. Basically, not consistent working phone for almost a week now. After this, they tell me that if I continue to have issues, after the third one I can exchange for a new one or similar phone at store but that counts as my upgrade.
    Any suggestions people? This is irritating.
    08-14-09 03:54 PM
    similar problem recently. Got the FRU and tried to use desktop manager and do a device switch. New phone crashed during the process, did a battery pull to try again and it came back with "Load Software 507" error. Tried for 2 hours to get any versio of software to load with constant failures. Finally gave up and now have another FRU to try it with. Rep who sent out this phone said to not use the device switch wizard option because a lot of people have problems with it. I guess i will get to re-load all my apps ... again...
    08-14-09 04:05 PM
    I was just about to make this thread today but then Is aw that you had already posted it lol!

I'm having a ****ting time with Verizon as well. Apparently they like to tell you one thing and have another rep say something different. In the end, they dont' know what the F*** they are talking about. I bought a storm off craigslist that turned out to be on the "Lost or Stolen" list. I contacted the owner and he told me that he sold it about 6 months ago (all of his information had still been on the phone). So, he called Verizon on my behalf and they told him that I would have to wait until the end of his billing cycle August 19th to activate the phone. Now, I called a rep just to confirm that I could do this and the guy that I talked to said "Yes, play it safe though and do not *228 it until the 20th. A day later". So I said ok. I came up with a good idea. I thought that there had to be a phone in general tied to his account, in this case, it was the storm. I thought that I could maybe swap his phone for my old broken Razr's ESN and I could then activate the storm. To my surprise, the lady I talked to (who seemed to be minorly ********) told me that I could not activate the phone after the 19th since he had an outstanding balance. Keep in mind that this is untrue as he TERMINATED HIS VERIZON ACCOUNT 6 months ago. So wtf they are doing I have no idea. She kept giving me half-assed answers to all of my questions and I didn't get anywhere. I hope she D'sIAF.
    08-14-09 04:12 PM
    refurbished for a broken phone that's not right. you pay several hundred dollars for a new phone and warranty so you should get a new phone.

When my buddy had problems with his we went directly to the Verizon store owned by Verizon and the sales rep went in the back and grabbed a new one try that it may work depends how cool your rep is.
    08-14-09 04:14 PM
    Most Verizon reps in-store are NOT Verizon Nazi's. I almost got my NE2 early but never went in to complete the transaction. I was going to get the storm for free when it first came out lol.
    08-14-09 04:19 PM
    what os are you running? pretty much anything before .151 was not nearly as stable as it is now. if you r having problems loading software, it sounds like you may have bricked the phone. search fixing a bricked blackberry for how to reset your phone. goodluck
    08-14-09 04:23 PM
    so as a VZW rep I can say this-just to clear up the issue.

CLNR's (FRU) are Certified Like New Replacements, that come from one of two sources: Refurbing old phones (done by the OEM, not VZW) with minor problems (ie: fixed charging port or fixed speaker)

OR

phones returned during the WFG period, for reasons like "I wanted a different color", "too expensive"...and other BS reasons that forced VZW to cut their losses and instate a restocking fee.

Warranty does not equal brand new. Neither does insurance. I just got my car fixed under warranty, and had to sign a waiver saying it was okay that I was getting new AND used parts.

My Storm is a CLNR, and I love it. It's luck of the draw sir.
    08-14-09 05:18 PM
    planetfeedback.com worked wonders on getting my issue resolved. it went right to the office of the president and i had a reply within a few days
    08-14-09 05:37 PM
    planetfeedback.com worked wonders on getting my issue resolved. it went right to the office of the president and i had a reply within a few days
    ya..it chatted with one of them a few months ago..tried calling them back today bc verizon keeps sending me a broken phone.. left a message and no call back..hopefully monday
    08-14-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD