I seem to have found the answer, well at least someone helped me get it.

When I updated to .85, everything installed and all went well, well that's what I thought. My app center disappeared. It was on my phone under the application part of the options menu, I could remove/put it back on with DM, but it would not show up at all! It showed in my service books too. I had the option, Show all, nothing was hidden in my menu.

I was told to register my Host routing tables. didnt work. tried it around 10 times, battery pulled, nothing. I almost gave up. Until, minnieMePowers gave me some instructions, I did it, and it worked! app center just came up! I am happy now, and I want to share this with everyone if they have something missing.

here was his message

I may be wrong but I believe the service books and host routing table do two separate things. Host routing table has to do with verizons network while service books has to do with blackberry email.

FYI :The easiest way I found to resend the service books is as follows...

- Go to email setup in the setup folder
    - After the page loads push the all powerfull blackberry menu button
    - When the drop down menue desplays you will see "Service Books" in the list
    - After selecting you will see a button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen that says " Send Service Books"

After clicking the button you should get a different email notification than you do with registering the host routing tables. Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    this will resend all your Service books, NOT your Host routing table. you will get an email saying your email accounts should work in 20 minutes. even though my accounts were fine, it still fixed my problem

I hope to try and get this in the tips forum, so please input positive posts

thank you and good luck to everyone!
    12-29-08 12:09 AM
    Awesome. Thanks. I was also missing my app store.
    12-29-08 12:18 AM
    no one else has this problem?
    12-29-08 03:07 PM
    Not me but good advice. Thanks.
    12-29-08 03:29 PM
    I have been posting this for a few months

How to resend service books.

From Device:

Options>Advanced options> Host Routing Table> BB Key (menu key)> Register now

Then go to
    setup>email settings> Log in (if you remember your user name and password) Once logged in hit BB Key (menu key) and Service Books.

Or

Go to this site for verizon
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

or your carrier's bis site.

login or create a account and resend service books. Make sure you check to see if your emails accounts are activated.

If you can't login or can't make a account call the carrier they can help you get the account setup.

which is exactly what the instructions basically tell you

most the time when there is a connection issue or a carrier supplied app missing browser no data no email etc its a service book/ host routing table issue.

Third party apps are a different story.

And the apps that disappear are usually applications for communication or downloads or connection's.

so something like the task list app or the password manager app will not return from service books.
    Last edited by noaim; 12-29-08 at 03:36 PM.
    12-29-08 03:34 PM

ah I didnt know, you didnt reply to my problem when I had it, so I want sure anyone else knew >.<

anyways, I went to that website. and it said my pin already had an account on it. I requested a PW, and it sent it to my phone, it says a username and PW havent been made for my phone and asks for me to make one, but it doesnt give me a link on where to go :\

ill try that link I just quoted again

edit: nvm it looks like its working now lol
    12-29-08 03:48 PM
    Thanks for the share. Haven't had that particular problem but it is good to know that a service resent takes care of those things

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:16 PM
    bump. for people still have this problem and this fell back 12 pages
    12-30-08 05:33 PM
    This is old news.
    12-30-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD