When I turn my phone on a yes/no screen always comes up saying "a sim card has been detected would you like to use CDMA/GSM based on availability?" I always put no since I don't need GSM service unless I'm outside the US. How can I stop this from being prompted every power-up?

Thanks.
    06-01-09 11:07 AM
    When I turn my phone on a yes/no screen always comes up saying "a sim card has been detected would you like to use CDMA/GSM based on availability?" I always put no since I don't need GSM service unless I'm outside the US. How can I stop this from being prompted every power-up?

Thanks.
    options > mobile network > set "network technology" to: 1XEV
    06-01-09 11:20 AM
    If that doesn't work, just take the SIM card out. The phone doesn't need a SIM card to function unless you are traveling outside of the US.
    06-01-09 11:24 AM
    It's already set to 1XEV. any other ideas?
    06-01-09 11:27 AM
    Read my post above.
    06-01-09 11:27 AM
    Here's the fix, strange as it sounds.

Say yes when it asks you. Then go into your mobile network settings and set it back to 1XEV.

It won't ask again until you load a new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:31 AM
    If that doesn't work, just take the SIM card out. The phone doesn't need a SIM card to function unless you are traveling outside of the US.
    Stop telling people to just take the card out! Its not a solution when a pieced of the device needs to be removed.

OP: tell the prompt yes. This will end the popup, but you have to make sure to go into those settings and change 'Global' back to '1XEV'. Once you do that you should be good to go.

06-01-09 11:31 AM
    Stop telling people to just take the card out! Its not a solution when a pieced of the device needs to be removed.

OP: tell the prompt yes. This will end the popup, but you have to make sure to go into those settings and change 'Global' back to '1XEV'. Once you do that you should be good to go.

OK great thank you both!
    06-01-09 11:33 AM

ya need to chill out, she's just giving an alternative
    06-01-09 11:34 AM
    Deacon beat me to it! Strange yes...

The BB software tracks that you've enabled that particular service (network switching) and stores the information. What it does not track in that specific case is the state of your settings. It's a flaw in the programming, but hardly a priority issue.

06-01-09 11:35 AM
    ya need to chill out, she's just giving an alternative
    You're right, of course. My apologies morf; bit of a stressful morning.

06-01-09 11:37 AM

You need to chill. You CAN just take the card out if you aren't using it. It is NOT necessary to have it in the phone if you never use it anyway. I was just providing an alternative. The SIM card is not "a piece of the device"... the screen is "a piece of the device"... the hard keys are "pieces of the device". It is just like removing the media card if you don't use it. They are just extras.

EDIT... and I was typing before you apologized. No hard feelings, but this post still stands.
    06-01-09 11:37 AM
    You need to chill. You CAN just take the card out if you aren't using it. It is NOT necessary to have it in the phone if you never use it anyway. I was just providing an alternative. The SIM card is not "a piece of the device"... the screen is "a piece of the device"... the hard keys are "pieces of the device". It is just like removing the media card if you don't use it. They are just extras.

EDIT... and I was typing before you apologized. No hard feelings, but this post still stands.
    Until you travel overseas and forget that you had pulled it out...

So yeah, it IS a part of the device if you bought it so you could use it overseas.
    06-01-09 12:18 PM
    Here's the fix, strange as it sounds.

Say yes when it asks you. Then go into your mobile network settings and set it back to 1XEV.

It won't ask again until you load a new OS.

I'd say that is the best idea here! Thanks for the tip.... tried it and works perfect.... Really didn't want to remove the SIM card cause need it now and then and will probably never find it again if I take it out! Thanks again.....
    06-02-09 09:15 AM
    If I say yes and don't switch back to the 1x what will happen? Will my battery life suffer greatly? I am sitting here with a dead phone unable to check the setting cause it died so quickly on me today.
    06-02-09 10:42 AM
    If I say yes and don't switch back to the 1x what will happen? Will my battery life suffer greatly? I am sitting here with a dead phone unable to check the setting cause it died so quickly on me today.
    if u leave it on, and u lose 3g, the phone will try to find a gsm network (in which u r most likely not gonna find ne, in which draining ur battery trying to find service
    06-02-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD