i have a tough question for you and you probably dont know the answer.
    Try and make this simple for you, and word it as easily as i can.

1. I'm trying to set up my blackberry i got to use with my email account
    I use. it's [email protected]

2. I have it all set up and i can send and receive messages.

3. the only problem i am having is that when I send a message FROM MY BLACKBERRY, it doesn't show a sent message anywhere or in any folders.

4. Keep In mind i'm using the GMAIL service for my [email protected] I dont have it set up on outlook or anything.
    i'm using the google mail deal for this email account.. might be something i just have to live with.

5. Like i said it just has to do with my sent stuff from my blackberry.

"You have any ideas or know anybody who would"
    11-26-08 09:58 AM
    Set up gmail using imap.

On the BIS website, enter your gmail address and leave password field blank.

Select manual configuration and then enter full address and password. After the account is set you, you can go to advanced settings and gmail should be set up to imap.

Click here for more details: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...il-imap-99071/
    11-26-08 10:16 AM
    it's not a gmail email address i'm just using gmail for my service.
    it's just another account setup in gmail.
    11-26-08 10:21 AM
    If the IMAP solution works for you, then that is a good way to go.

If you don't want to go that route, there is a more antiquated option. Since many BIS users try to correct the problem of DUPLICATE messages from their account on thier BB, have you considered setting up a GMail account to send FROM your BB ... allow the duplicate message to be delivered to your handset, and save that message on the device. This is only a short term solution though. Although it isn't the easiest solution, it will accomplish what you are trying to do for the duration messages can be saved on the BB.

Or another (and more permanent) thought is to set up another account and only CC that account when sending from your BB. You can create labels at GMail for your messages and archive (and search) all of your mail sent from your handset there. By adding the GMail app on your handset, you can log in and search your archived messages as needed.

Hope this helps.
    12-01-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD