Just would like to clarify please - which Seidio holster should be ordered if Storm is skinned with Invisible Shield / Ghost Armor / Phantom Skinz etc...

The spring clip holster that is used with a "naked" Storm

-OR-

The holster that is meant to be used with the Innocase.

Thanks!
    01-12-09 09:27 AM
    Yeah... I didn't read every post in this thread... but I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. So, if it's been mentioned, then consider me a "+1" on the topic...

Has anyone noticed that, for the Innocase I & II, as well as the naked Storm, the holster blocks the USB port, so you have to take the phone out of the holster to charge? Why would they let this slip by? Why should I have to take the phone out of the holster, leaving the screen unprotected, to charge the phone? I've written an email to Seidio, and I urge all of you to do the same.
    01-12-09 12:52 PM
    Yeah... I didn't read every post in this thread... but I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. So, if it's been mentioned, then consider me a "+1" on the topic...

Has anyone noticed that, for the Innocase I & II, as well as the naked Storm, the holster blocks the USB port, so you have to take the phone out of the holster to charge? Why would they let this slip by? Why should I have to take the phone out of the holster, leaving the screen unprotected, to charge the phone? I've written an email to Seidio, and I urge all of you to do the same.
    You could just put the phone in the holster upside-down and then the USB port is easy to get to, that's what I do when I want to charge with the holster on for added protection.
    01-12-09 01:03 PM

yes, an oversight but TRIVIAL to remedy with a round file or dremel.

see my post on the prior page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sei...ml#post1326113
    01-12-09 02:49 PM
    You could just put the phone in the holster upside-down and then the USB port is easy to get to, that's what I do when I want to charge with the holster on for added protection.
    but then it's not in sleep mode so u waste power while you charge.
    01-12-09 02:49 PM
    Just would like to clarify please - which Seidio holster should be ordered if Storm is skinned with Invisible Shield / Ghost Armor / Phantom Skinz etc...

-OR-

Thanks!
    i don't know for sure, but it seems to me like that neither will be just right. why not just get the innocase i or ii cover and holster?
    01-12-09 02:50 PM
    If you're taking the phone out of the holster anyway, why not leave it out for charging? I don't understand the "added protection" thing while the phone is sitting on your counter or desk. You guys are killing me with this nit-picking.
    01-13-09 08:33 AM

-OR-

Thanks!
    The Seidio holsters are made to work with a naked phone (the holster) or with an Innocase I/II (surface combo). Anything else is a risk.

I had a Phatom Skinz and took it back when I ordered my Innocase I Surface Combo. The case fits like a glove, and the holster is extremely secure. I couldn't be happier with this product.
    01-13-09 08:35 AM
    Everyone smart phoen i ever owned which is alot, I have always bought from seido online for the spring clip/holster. Its by far the most reliable clip/holster out there for any smart phone. It really supports and protects the phones.
    01-13-09 12:55 PM
    but then it's not in sleep mode so u waste power while you charge.
    I may have said that wrong, by upside down I mean the screen in still facing the felt pad but the top of the phone is down at the bottom of the case, still goes to sleep and easy to access the usb port.
    01-13-09 01:05 PM
    If you're taking the phone out of the holster anyway, why not leave it out for charging? I don't understand the "added protection" thing while the phone is sitting on your counter or desk. You guys are killing me with this nit-picking.
    I at first thought it was nit-picking as well but after looking at my house and the 3 kids and 2 dogs and a new stupid cat (that messes with everything), I've now got into the habit of extra-protecting anything I care for or otherwise it will get destroyed. Just this morning I go to get my phone and notice it's not where I left it, it's on the floor (stupid cat) which means it fell about 4 feet off the counter where I had it charging last night, it was fine but I'm sure the innocase II and the holster helped prevent damage from the fall.
    01-13-09 01:13 PM
    The Seidio holsters are made to work with a naked phone (the holster) or with an Innocase I/II (surface combo). Anything else is a risk.
    i can confirm that this is not true, at least for the innocase holster... putting the phone in it 'naked' it rattle around. the clip might stop it from falling out but i wouldn't want to use it that.
    01-13-09 01:42 PM
    what is the difference between this model (spring clip) and the other one....2 prices 24,95 et 29,95 ...
    01-13-09 02:25 PM
    Why would I take the phone out of the holster right before charging it? It's in the holster on my belt... and I take it off my belt to charge it. It's an added step to take it out first. The holster is my phone's HOME... it only leaves home so that I can use it. When I'm not using it... it goes back home. (or else it gets the hose again... )

Besides... why risk losing the holster if you have to take it off and set it next to the phone to charge? Plus... I've often tripped over the cord or it gets caught on something, and the phone gets pulled to the floor... or I blindly fumble for my phone in the middle of the night and knock it on the floor... All good reasons to keep it in the holster when it's not in use.

You really can't argue that it's easier or just as safe to take the phone OUT of the holster in order to charge it.
    01-13-09 11:48 PM
    I've been fairly happy with my spring-clip holster from Seidio, the only minor gripe I have that could become a big one later on is the clip itself. The clip rests on the top part of the clear plastic cover piece for the camera/flash, and due to this, it's starting to cause the bottom edge of the cover to come up right above the battery door. It's not coming off yet, and I'm able to push it back down, but it could end up being an issue down the road.

*EDIT* And I see it's already been brought up! My fault, move along, nothing to see here.....
    Last edited by Peaugh; 01-14-09 at 12:07 AM.
    01-13-09 11:58 PM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD